Does Websleuths work best on a certain browser?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My Jelly says it doesn't work on him. oh wait, browser...

(bowser is a term we used to use for dogs... sheesh, how old am I?)

I use Google Chrome and it works sometimes. Lots of lag since the changeover. I am of no help, I know. =)

I use Safari on my iPad and for the past week or more it’s been working fine. But I experienced slow-downs back when everyone else did. I don’t know why working on things wouldn’t impact me too now. Strange.

I have the same issue with IE and Microsoft Edge with lagging, letters not showing up for a few seconds when trying to post. It's very frustrating. My pages have to keep loading over and over. I get the message - this website had to close and reopen as well as Only secure content is displayed.
I have been a member of the site for at least 8 years but this website issue is making me rethink how much time I want to spend trying to load pages.

I'm using Chrome ... and the video autoplay is really messing up my data usage, in addition to slowing down page loading time. Is there anyway to disable the WS news autoplay?

I'm using Chrome ... and the video autoplay is really messing up my data usage, in addition to slowing down page loading time. Is there anyway to disable the WS news autoplay?
I didn't know that Websleuths had a news video.

It's October 2023 -- is anybody else having issues using Win/Chrome Browser?

It's been about 10-12 days since I lost use of the toolbar and all the functions on the toolbar including the "save" and "delete" drafts which come in handy when I am interrupted and have to save my draft post until I can complete it and later post it!

There was no warning about the system change when I suddenly lost the use of the toolbar functions -- no computer or browser updates on my end.

Thanks for sharing any similar issues and solutions. x

I use safari, and haven’t had any problems until the other day. While scrolling through a thread I accidentally hit “quote” on a random comment. Is there a way to cancel or delete? It hasn’t been posted, and never will be, yet it’s still at the bottom of the thread and I can’t find a way to get rid of it.

It's October 2023 -- is anybody else having issues using Win/Chrome Browser?

It's been about 10-12 days since I lost use of the toolbar and all the functions on the toolbar including the "save" and "delete" drafts which come in handy when I am interrupted and have to save my draft post until I can complete it and later post it!

There was no warning about the system change when I suddenly lost the use of the toolbar functions -- no computer or browser updates on my end.

Thanks for sharing any similar issues and solutions. x
Click the set of 3 dots on the right side of the toolbar
Next click the
[ ] brackets
Yay -- problem solved!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads