Dog the Bounty Hunter #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
well I found this out about the murder, but I'm not able to find out very much on any site:

Forty years ago, an angry and rebellious Duane “Dog” Chapman dropped out of school in the seventh grade never to return. Thirty years ago this summer, Dog began a five year sentence for his involvement in a murder. After serving nineteen months in a notorious Texas prison, Dog emerged a changed man – determined to turn his life around and to help others along the way.

http://hometheaterinfo.com/dog_the_bounty_hunter.htm

He certainly does. As a young man, Dog lived the life of a criminal, acting as sergeant at arms for the Devil's Disciples biker gang, embarking on a life of robbery and assault that culminated in a two-and-a-half-year stretch on a Texas chain gang for manslaughter. http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/dogbountyhunterbestseason1.php

This is kinda o/t but does anyone know the deal about who he murdered and why?
Also I wanna ask again in case anyone missed it and could answer, which son did he said this too? Was it Leland?

If I remember right, he didn't pull the trigger but was an accessory to the crime, and under Texas law since he didn't report the murder, he could be, and was, charged with murder himself.

I just read a link on my local online newspaper saying that the son he was angry with and talking to was Tucker. The article also quoted the attorney as saying that Tucker is the one who sold the tape to the Enquirer.

I just read this at perezhilton.com. Unbelievable!!! Who would do that to his own father??????

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/01/dog.chapman.ap/index.html

Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman's son taped a private phone conversation in which the reality star used a racial slur repeatedly, then sold it to a tabloid for "a lot of money," Chapman's lawyer said Thursday.
"I guess because of whatever level of anger he had of his father, he felt the need to express it in that manner," attorney Brook Hart told The Associated Press.

His kid must have been all kinds of pissed at him to ruin their entire family's business.

I just read this at perezhilton.com. Unbelievable!!! Who would do that to his own father??????

Damn, he sold out his father for a woman. He obviously doesn't believe in the saying "Bros before hoes". :p

Damn, he sold out his father for a woman. He obviously doesn't believe in the saying "Bros before hoes". :p

HA!! No doubt about that!!

I know nothing about this Tucker kid (was he ever on the show? I don't watch it anymore), but maybe he's a messed-up person?? I thought a lot of Dog's kids had issues with substance abuse, trouble with the law, etc. So maybe he's one of those? I don't know but I wouldn't think someone who is on the straight-and-narrow would do that to his own flesh and blood.

HA!! No doubt about that!!

I know nothing about this Tucker kid (was he ever on the show? I don't watch it anymore), but maybe he's a messed-up person?? I thought a lot of Dog's kids had issues with substance abuse, trouble with the law, etc. So maybe he's one of those? I don't know but I wouldn't think someone who is on the straight-and-narrow would do that to his own flesh and blood.

Heh, I thought of another one... "Dog's before hogs."

I don't know if I am reading something different than everyone else, but he most certainly did call her that word. And the arguement that some type of black people deserve that name is one of the most ludicrous things I have ever read here.

However, I think it is horrible that his son did this to him. I imagine he is lashing out in this manner due to his hurt and anger and doesn't know another way to hurt his father where it counts. Do I condone that? Absolutely not, but I can see where the son is coming from.

If Dog is so concerned about black people hearing him say that word, then maybe he should just get a freaking clue and realize that there is something wrong with saying it. I don't think the man should lose his job and I think it must hurt like hell to have your son expose you like that, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for the man.

White Rain, Fox News said it was his son Tucker who sold it to the National Enquirer.

If Dog is so concerned about black people hearing him say that word, then maybe he should just get a freaking clue and realize that there is something wrong with saying it. I don't think the man should lose his job and I think it must hurt like hell to have your son expose you like that, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for the man.

You mean lose his show. As far as I know he works for himself.

I'd like to know how much the kid made off selling his Dad down the river.

That was a PRIVATE telephone conversation that shouldn't have been exploited in that manner!

I'd like to know how much the kid made off selling his Dad down the river.

That was a PRIVATE telephone conversation that shouldn't have been exploited in that manner!

They said on perezhilton.com that is was a LOT of money. By a lot, who knows what they mean. I'm sure it would have to be worth it to sell out his father, cost him his TV show, his reputation, etc.

Dog deserves everything he gets. He is a poor excuse for a parent, basically he was threatening to disown his own son if he continued his relationship with this girl. That was STUPID. I would think any decent parent understands the harder you push a child in this circumstance the harder they push back.

No tears for the dog here.

I don't know if I am reading something different than everyone else, but he most certainly did call her that word. And the arguement that some type of black people deserve that name is one of the most ludicrous things I have ever read here.

However, I think it is horrible that his son did this to him. I imagine he is lashing out in this manner due to his hurt and anger and doesn't know another way to hurt his father where it counts. Do I condone that? Absolutely not, but I can see where the son is coming from.

Master J, I am feeling the same wasy you are. I keep reading this thread and thinking am I understanding what I am reading? While I think it was wrong for his son to air their dirty laundry for $$$$, Dog was wrong for his degrading choice of words. The discussion on the thread seems to be ignoring the fact that what Dog did was wrong and is focusing on his son's exposure of his conduct. What's wrong with this picture?

What I see is that Dog must frequently use this type of language or how else would the son just decide to tape the conversation. Like most reality TV, what you see is not what you get in real life. I'd imagine for most reality TV celebrities, what they show you on TV, is not all whom they are at home, behind the cameras.

Dog deserves everything he gets. He is a poor excuse for a parent, basically he was threatening to disown his own son if he continued his relationship with this girl. That was STUPID. I would think any decent parent understands the harder you push a child in this circumstance the harder they push back.

No tears for the dog here.

How exactly does that make him a poor excuse for a parent? From the sound of it this woman isn't really stable. She has threatened the mother and the family.

Neither you or I know if Dog would live up to his threat. It could have been a ploy to get his son to snap out of it and see how things really are.

What I see is that Dog must frequently use this type of language or how else would the son just decide to tape the conversation.

Very interesting thought. I hadn't considered this.

Very interesting thought. I hadn't considered this.

This type of language must be a frequent thing or a hot topic of discussion where Dog is using the language regularly in their discussions.

When I visit my parents, I don't happen to bring along a tape recorder to catch them using foul or hateful language. It is not a regular occurance. I'd be waiting for days to maybe catch my dad saying da*n or my mom toss out a s*it. Then again, my parents are just average folks and no one's is really concerned about their public image.

Dog's allowed to have private conversations with his own child. Heaven forbid all our private conversations were suddenly made public. Some things should be kept private and Tucker was wrong. This is the kid who just got out of prison. I remember seeing a talk show where Dog & Beth were talking about having to use tough love with Tucker, sounds like he's been a constant source of trouble with them. Do I use the "n" word? Nope, and I wouldn't allow my children to either. Then again, I'm a PTA mom not an ex-convict bounty hunter who deals with criminals everyday. I just think Dog comes from a different walk of life.

This type of language must be a frequent thing or a hot topic of discussion where Dog is using the language regularly in their discussions.

When I visit my parents, I don't happen to bring along a tape recorder to catch them using foul or hateful language. It is not a regular occurance. I'd be waiting for days to maybe catch my dad saying da*n or my mom toss out a s*it. Then again, my parents are just average folks and no one's is really concerned about their public image.

The articles I read stated that Dog was worried that his son's g/f was considering privately recording Dog using the N word regularly and then making it public. Whoops!

Master J, I am feeling the same wasy you are. I keep reading this thread and thinking am I understanding what I am reading? While I think it was wrong for his son to air their dirty laundry for $$$$, Dog was wrong for his degrading choice of words. The discussion on the thread seems to be ignoring the fact that what Dog did was wrong and is focusing on his son's exposure of his conduct. What's wrong with this picture?

What I see is that Dog must frequently use this type of language or how else would the son just decide to tape the conversation. Like most reality TV, what you see is not what you get in real life. I'd imagine for most reality TV celebrities, what they show you on TV, is not all whom they are at home, behind the cameras.

Most, if not all, of the posters on here have stated that what Dog said was wrong. Who would condone such a thing??? My point is that, yes, it's wrong. He shouldn't have said it. It's crude and insensitive language. BUT he shouldn't lose his show over it. And I think his son selling him out like this is just as bad as Dog using the 'n' word.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back