Dominican Republic - Darryl Fornatora, 46, FL man missing, 28 Jan 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Puzzled that he would walk around with so much cash. For what purpose?

Puzzled that he would walk around with so much cash. For what purpose?

If there was no safe in the condo he rented, I can see him carrying the cash on him.
I'm not sure how many "hundreds" he had in the wallet. A couple of hundred is reasonable.

Hypothetically speaking, if I wanted to take a computer that didn't belong to me because it held incriminating info on it, I might take it and another important item and explain it away by saying I didn't want it to get stolen, for instance.

On the other hand, covering for a pal sometimes causes the one covering to seem suspicious, sketchy, etc. until further details are known.

The friend's behavior is not what a reasonable person might expect, but the question is why would one behave so? Might there be a clue here?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I have a nasty, suspicious, mind. I think Darryl was on vacation to surf. I think Matt was on vacation to take advantage of Cabarete's less than savory side. Wiki DR and children.

I think Darryl saw/heard/found out Matt's proclivities were not just surfing and a beer.

I think there is/was evidence on Darryl's computer Matt would have done *anything* to not surface.

*IF* my scenario is anywhere close to the truth, Matt has/had help from certain locals in dropping/finding the wallet, and perhaps a few *eyewitnesses* to boot.

JMO IMO Total speculation

Was he known to go for swims without his board? I can't get past why travel.companion would "take" board that did not belong to him. Ditto for computer. Who does that? Why?

http://cbs12.com/news/local/dominican-republic-investigators-in-town-on-darryl-fornatora-case

Snip

Darryl's parents, Gilbert and Nancy Fornatora, met Thursday morning at their home with two investigators from the Dominican Republic.

The Fornatora's tell CBS12 the investigators traveled to Palm Beach County to speak more with Darryl's travel companion, but says at the last minute he changed his mind.

"We're disappointed they won't get the opportunity to get information from Matt to help fill in the blanks and information we don't have the moment," Nancy Fornatora told CBS12 exclusively.

Investigators in the Dominican Republic have not named any suspects or persons of interest. When CBS12 traveled to the Dominican Republic recently, we were told by authorities that Matt was cooperating with the investigation. CBS12 tried reaching out, but our messages were not returned Thursday.

The Fornatora's told CBS12 they were hopeful that information from Matt could provide information that may develop new leads. The Fornatora's say they only met with Matt one time after he returned from the Dominican Republic.

"We found out there were certain inconsistencies and gaps that still needed to be filled so we were hopeful when he agreed to meet with investigators, whatever he may have forgotten or slipped his mind, he could amplify some of his earlier statements," Gilbert Fornatora said.

Darryl Fornatora's disappearance remains a sea of mystery, consumed by waves of questions.

After CBS12 returned from the Dominican Republic and began airing stories, Darryl's wallet suddenly washed on shore in the very same area he was reportedly last seen on a beach in Cabarete. The wallet contained several hundred dollars in American currency, seemingly with burn marks, as well as his Florida driver's license and credit cards.

This find led to a new attempt at researching an area of the bay, but those efforts were hampered by water conditions.

There is yet another "imminent" search being planned using the help of professional divers and oceanographers.

Gilbert Fornatora says he believes the attention to the case is creating enough pressure to keep the investigation moving forward.

"We don't feel like we're at a stand still at all," Gilbert Fornatora said. "Your review of the situation and your personal trip to Cabarete was necessary to push this forward or perhaps it could have become a dead file kind of situation very quickly....we're told it's risen to a level in the DR where that a lot of agencies are involved and they are pushing this as a major endeavor."

So after allllll this time, his wallet suddenly washes up on the shore in the very same area he was last seen in just after cbs12 return from the DR & start airing stories? Hmmm... [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after allllll this time, his wallet suddenly washes up on the shore in the very same area he was last seen in just after cbs12 return from the DR & start airing stories? Hmmm... [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His wallet was found several weeks ago.

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-p...il-to-be-held-for-missing-west-palm-beach-man

Darryl Fornatora: Keeping the hope alive for missing West Palm Beach surfer

Snip

Hendrix spoke to a large crowd at Frigates in North Palm Beach to put rumors to rest and share the latest after her brothers wallet washed ashore in Cabarete.

"That led everybody to look at the water again so there is a search that will be imminent," says Hendrex.

Investigators recently came to South Florida to speak with Darryl's friend Matt Rigby who was with him on the surfing trip.

He canceled the interview via text message.

"We still feel Matt has vital information that needs to be shared with investigators," says Nancy Fornatora.

Despite the mystery, Gilbert and Nancy want to spread one message.

"Keeping the interest alive where the search will continue because we're still not giving up hope."

"His parents tell us Darryl's cellphone has been found in a rental car in Dominican Republic.
They also share with us what Darryl's travel mate had to tell authorities when they visited Palm Beach County last week from the Dominican Republic, and details about the new private investigation firm the family has now hired."

http://cbs12.com/news/local/exclusive-phone-found-in-darryl-fornatora-case

Snip

Nancy and Gilbert Fornatora, Darryl's parents, confirmed to CBS12 Monday that their son's phone was found in a rental car used by Darryl and his friend Matt.

"It raises a lot of questions about the time period prior to discovery of where the phone was and who was in possession of it," Gilbert Fornatora said.

Darryl's parents say the phone was found in February in the backseat of the rental car, returned by Darryl's travel mate Matt, who returned to the U.S. without Darryl.

The information on the phone had reportedly been wiped, erasing any potential information, before being reactivated.

"It seems that an employee found it in the car and kept it for a couple of days and then when it wasn't claimed, he gave it to a friend who took off all off the data from it, wiped it and gave it to his girlfriend," Nancy Fornatora said.

Investigators from the U.S. and Dominican Republic were reportedly locked in legal disputes in efforts to retrieve records from the phone companies. It was weeks later after the phone being found, that family members say they noticed an alert on Darryl's online account with his cell phone company, saying his phone had been deactivated. This allowed authorities in the Dominican Republic to track the phone down to an acquaintance of the rental car company employee.

Snip

Only after CBS12 traveled to the Dominican Republic in March and our stories started airing, Darryl's wallet washed up on a beach, leading to further questions.

The wallet contained nearly $400 in American cash that also appeared to have had a bullet hole in it. The wallet also contained Darryl's Florida's drivers license and credit cards.

CBS12 spoke by phone Monday with Osvaldo Bonilla, the district attorney overseeing the criminal investigation. He told us there is no new information but says they are focusing their search on the area was Darryl's wallet was found.

Snip

Authorities in the Dominican Republic have not named any persons of interest. That's is why CBS12 is choosing not to report Matt's last name.

Darryl's parents say Matt did meet last week with investigators who traveled to Palm Beach County from the Dominican Republic.

"Matt answered questions in both cases, which makes us extremely happy, however our questions haven't been answered and we're hoping Matt remains cooperative and we feel he will, I do believe he would answer questions again if asked," Nancy Fornatora said.

CBS12 has tried to reach Matt, but have been unable to contact him.

Snip

Authorities in the Dominican Republic have not named any persons of interest. That's is why CBS12 is choosing not to report Matt's last name.

Darryl's parents say Matt did meet last week with investigators who traveled to Palm Beach County from the Dominican Republic.

"Matt answered questions in both cases, which makes us extremely happy, however our questions haven't been answered and we're hoping Matt remains cooperative and we feel he will, I do believe he would answer questions again if asked," Nancy Fornatora said.

CBS12 has tried to reach Matt, but have been unable to contact him.

Thank you for all of the Updates !! I try to get here and see if there are any once in awhile, so was happy to see this today !!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back