Found Deceased Dominican Republic - Orlando Moore & Portia Ravenelle, from NY on vacation, April 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
in the article it said they didn't realize how far away the resort was from the airport

do other countries have travel warnings/bans on the U.S.?

(I’ve started two threads, one for Mexico and one for Spain, looking for links:

Mexico Travel Advisory - 22 Aug, 2018

Spain - Terror alert regarding possible Christmas Day 2018 terrorist attack in Barcelona

Or did you mean the other way around?)
—-

According to a post on Instagram the couple were dating. I don't think I'm allowed to link to it, but if you google her name and instagram it will come up.

Their SM should be legal to post.

Last edited:
okay, i am allowing for first reports to be erroneous but already, she was on the road, he was in the ocean and yet they plunged into the ocean? she was in a hospital for eight days? and just now they think it is/was them?

The police just had a press conference. They found the car and his body and the sea, and she at a local hospital as a Jane doe, both dead. Apparently a car accident on the way to the airport.

Turistas norteamericanos reportados desaparecidos murieron en accidente de tránsito en autopista Las Américas

Yep, looks like it was a car accident with her ejected to the roadside and the car and him over the embankment and into the ocean with his body then floating out and being recovered a few days later from the water given its advanced state of decomp. She died in hospital but was found same day they left to travel to airport.

Still unable to recover the vehicle due to rough seas in the area, but fisherman report it as being there. They'd have known where to look for it now given that she has now been identified and they know where on the road she was found gravely injured.

I suspect that all the media attention that this is just receiving has caused the hospital to report their unidentified … and allowed them to link it to the unidentified male found in the water days ago.

The article below also has them consuming a bottle of rum with their Canadian friends the evening of their departure and that they parted ways approx. 10pm. Friend says they were worried about the 2 and a half hour drive to the airport. Leaving at 10pm would put them into the airport at 1230 am, provided they had already packed up and checked out (we know they hadn't checked out by this time). So, after they parted company with the Canuks, they still had to clear out of their room and check out of the hotel. Google directions has that as a 2 hour, 20 minute trip in optimal driving conditions. Flight was at 2am. Car seen at 0141hrs going through toll booth(s).

IMO, Occam's razor is applicable: Bottle of rum, driving at night on unfamiliar roads. 2 hour and 20 minutes on google maps. Unfamiliar and at night. Possibly with alcohol in the system. IMO, they may have gotten lost and were now rushing the driving due to the time, and possible alcohol as a factor in addition to unfamiliarity and night driving. Autopsies are pending, but I'm just not seeing any foul play in this one.

Missing New York couple’s rental car was seen at a toll booth after they missed their flight from the Dominican Republic

Such a tragic end to a vacation.

Edit to add: Canuk friend says their flight was at 0200hrs, so unlike the article - they had not actually missed it yet when they made that last toll booth sighting. Another reason why I think they got lost and were speeding the car up trying to make that flight.

Last edited:
Yep, looks like it was a car accident with her ejected to the roadside and the car and him over the embankment and into the ocean with his body then floating out and being recovered a few days later from the water given its advanced state of decomp. She died in hospital but was found same day they left to travel to airport.

Still unable to recover the vehicle due to rough seas in the area, but fisherman report it as being there. They'd have known where to look for it now given that she has now been identified and they know where on the road she was found gravely injured.

I suspect that all the media attention that this is just receiving has caused the hospital to report their unidentified … and allowed them to link it to the unidentified male found in the water days ago.

The article below also has them consuming a bottle of rum with their Canadian friends the evening of their departure and that they parted ways approx. 10pm. Friend says they were worried about the 2 and a half hour drive to the airport. Leaving at 10pm would put them into the airport at 1230 am, provided they had already packed up and checked out (we know they hadn't checked out by this time). So, after they parted company with the Canuks, they still had to clear out of their room and check out of the hotel. Google directions has that as a 2 hour, 20 minute trip in optimal driving conditions. Flight was at 2am. Car seen at 0141hrs going through toll booth(s).

IMO, Occam's razor is applicable: Bottle of rum, driving at night on unfamiliar roads. 2 hour and 20 minutes on google maps. Unfamiliar and at night. Possibly with alcohol in the system. IMO, they may have gotten lost and were now rushing the driving due to the time, and possible alcohol as a factor in addition to unfamiliarity and night driving. Autopsies are pending, but I'm just not seeing any foul play in this one.

Missing New York couple’s rental car was seen at a toll booth after they missed their flight from the Dominican Republic

Such a tragic end to a vacation.

Edit to add: Canuk friend says their flight was at 0200hrs, so unlike the article - they had not actually missed it yet when they made that last toll booth sighting. Another reason why I think they got lost and were speeding the car up trying to make that flight.
The earlier flight info I posted showing no flights that time of night were from the first airport mentioned in the thread. That's not the one they were to fly out of.

We can't discuss it, but I'm linking to an interesting comment and there are other interesting comments on the thread

New York Post

The usual conspiracy theories.

She was found with head trauma and taken to hospital and passed away from her injuries on 4 April. Police assumed a hit and run as they saw no cars in the area (IMO because it was the middle of the night and the car with her husband went over the embankment and into the ocean).

The earlier flight info I posted showing no flights that time of night were from the first airport mentioned in the thread. That's not the one they were to fly out of.

They were flying out of Santo Domingo airport. 2 hours and 20minutes drive from their resort.

will be interesting to see if their belongings are in their rental car... if so, I believe too much rum and a car accident. If not, maybe still foul play. sometimes you drive off a road and other times you could be run off a road, IMO.

Also, the car was supposedly a Kia Rio - front wheel drive subcompact. No sun roof or anything like that, but I imagine (?) if the windows were open and she was not wearing a seat belt (?) it would be easy to be thrown out? (any people on here with more car accident expertise?)

Lastly, maybe even though the plane was to depart at 2 a.m., the last boarding call would have been around 1:40 a.m.? Maybe something like that would explain the discrepancy in reported flight times. Or maybe there was even a time change and they did not get the message on time? WIFI can be spotty in places.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back