Don Knotts Dies at 81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In addition to the Classic Barney Fife, I fondly remember Don Knotts and co-star Tim Conway (another Comedy genius) as bumbling bank robber wannabes in "The Apple Dumpling Gang"

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Knotts!

I read this morning that one of the last to see hime friday night was Andy.Who can forget his Movie The ghost and Mrs. Chicken.His last Filem of all things was Doing a voice in Chicken Little. Also LKL tonight will rerun a show he did with Andy and Don from a few years ago.

Marthatex said:
It's hard to be funny. Takes alot of talent. I think I'm going to start watching those re-runs again; they make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Does anyone know if you can buy them? Opie (Ron Howard) turned out to be quite a talent also. and Andy is a perfect father; better thanOzzie Nelson.

Ah, for the good old days.

Hi Martha! Yes, you can buy the Andy Griffith show...we have been making our way through seasons one and two so far!! It is so much fun :dance:

lynie

How ironic that Darren McGavin and Don Knotts pass away within 24 hours . They both were in the Movie No Deposit no return.

Side note I told my 21 year old son about Don passing away. He had no clue till I mention Mr Limpet and Mr Furley. And then it clicked in Barney Fife. Gawd do I feel old.

:(
I loved him as Mr. Furley.

Rest in Peace, good man. You will be missed.

This is very sad. He reminds me of my great grandpa who just turned 85. I'm sure he'll be missed.

Dark Knight said:
RIP Don Knotts, you were hilarious!!!!

And yes, Andy is still alive.
Oddly enough, I think they were also distantly related cousins, with Knotts from West Virginia and Griffin from the Carolinas.

JDB said:
I read this morning that one of the last to see hime friday night was Andy.Who can forget his Movie The ghost and Mrs. Chicken.His last Filem of all things was Doing a voice in Chicken Little. Also LKL tonight will rerun a show he did with Andy and Don from a few years ago.
I think his last on screen performance in a film was PLEASANTVILLE, where he played the magical Tv repairman.

I'm saddened by his passing.. I really liked him.. :(

I think he was a great actor, watching him on TV gave me many hours of pleasure and I will always have fond memories of him.

lynie said:
Hi Martha! Yes, you can buy the Andy Griffith show...we have been making our way through seasons one and two so far!! It is so much fun :dance:

lynie

Hooray! I'm buying them. Larry King tonite had a whole hour of interview with Andy G. and Don Knotts three years ago, even showing John Ritter in 3's company. old clips of Mayberry. My husband and I laughed alot.

Andy looks great but even he had a quadruple bipass.

He was the funniest man! I have loved him for over 40 years. Barney Fife and Mr. Furley and his other characters - thanks for many years of laughs. A genius at his craft. RIP dear soul.

I still love to watch TAGS.

BillyGoatGruff said:
I think his last on screen performance in a film was PLEASANTVILLE, where he played the magical Tv repairman.
Nope his last Movie was Chicken Little. He is the voice of The Mayor. You might be correct as far as being seened.

I have great affection for his character on the Andy Griffith show, with his shakey gun and single bullet-kept in his shirt pocket.
RIP Don

JDB said:
I Loved The Ghost and Mr Chicken! LOL! It was a hoot. :D

I just heard Larry King say that tomorrow night is going to be devoted to Don. Andy Griffith is going to be there. I just started bawling like a baby.

Scandi

I will miss him, a great comedian! My husband
and I spend lazy weekends watching him and
Andy Griffith. :) A special gift he was to this
world.....He will live on through the magic of
re-runs:blowkiss:

I loved him as Mr. Furley! I loved how he wore those leisure suits. I loved him in Andy Griffith too.

RIP Don Knotts.

:( He was great as Mr. Furley!! He reminds me of my childhood. He'll be missed by many. I loved the Andy would say "Barney"!!

Jubie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth
Back