Donna Brock

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was allowed to plead guilty to a lesser amount, is the way I read it.

Anyone else totally confused as I am?

Kimster, please push over and let me sit next to you..

*thud*

I'm sittin' next to tehcloser this time.

How old will she be when she gets out? Oh my gosh.

Misty better be shakin' in her county issued shoes today!

Wow it really makes me wonder with these type of plea deals why? I see the revolving door in PC with drugs all of the time.... why are these different? Good Gosh getting close to Misty and company is like walking in front of an oncoming bus.

Anyone else totally confused as I am?

Kimster, please push over and let me sit next to you..

I will try to explain so you aren't :waitasec:.

The original charge Donna was charged with (over 28 g. trafficking) carries a 25 yr. minimum mandatory sentence.
She submitted a plea to the state for a lesser charge (14 g but less than 28 g trafficking) that carries a 15 yr. minimun mandatory sentence and the state accepted it.
The mm goes by the amt. of drugs you were trafficking.
The judge will sentence her on Sept. 1.

I am really in shock. :eek:

I wonder what Tim Miller is thinking?

The original charge Donna was charged with (over 28 g. trafficking) carries a 25 yr. minimum mandatory sentence.
She submitted a plea to the state for a lesser charge (14 g but less than 28 g trafficking) that carries a 15 yr. minimun mandatory sentence and the state accepted it.

Did she have to give up something in exchange for getting the lesser charge and the reduced sentence? Or can a judge allow the plea because she feels there are mitigating circumstances? I thought there was very little wiggle room in these mandatory sentences.

Thank you, I do understand now..
So what does this mean for Ron C and Misty?
Am I correct in thinking both Ron C and Misty are pleading not guilty and are going for a jury trial and there is a possibility their sentences won't be as severe as those who have pled guilty or no contest?

Did she have to give up something in exchange for getting the lesser charge and the reduced sentence? Or can a judge allow the plea because she feels there are mitigating circumstances? I thought there was very little wiggle room in these mandatory sentences.

I doubt it, alot of cases are pled down.
Not sure if the judge has anything to do with the plea being accepted, I have always thought that is up to the state.
The judge will sentence, and yes, you are correct, there is very little wiggle room in the mandatory sentences, the least DB can be sentenced to is 15 yrs.
The charge she pled down to is the same as Hope's but I don't think Hope or her lawyer even tried to plea down, not real sure on that but I never heard that she did, like we heard Ron did but the state said no go.

The big question for me is whether or not Donna Brock has any knowledge pertaining to HaLeigh's disappearance?

Am I correct in thinking both Ron C and Misty are pleading not guilty and are going for a jury trial and there is a possibility their sentences won't be as severe as those who have pled guilty or no contest?

The only way their sentences can be less severe is if they are found not guilty!
If found guilty the mm would still apply. They also have multiple charges.
I don't know if Misty is eligible for the youth offender program.

Wow it really makes me wonder with these type of plea deals why? I see the revolving door in PC with drugs all of the time.... why are these different? Good Gosh getting close to Misty and company is like walking in front of an oncoming bus.

Well considering they kept throwing everybody else under one......Maybe Misty is now in front of her own bus.

I think that Ron and Misty are gambling that they will be found not guilty by a jury. Maybe they think they will get off that way. If the state won't deal (let them plead to a lesser charge) , then both of them are looking at a looong time in jail. When the jury finds them both guilty, the judge will still have to sentence them to the minimum for the charge. Unless one of them tells LE something about Haleigh.....then it's a game changer. JMO

I haven't been following this case so much lately....got sucked into a few others. When did Tommy plea? When does he get sentenced? TIA

*thud*

I'm sittin' next to tehcloser this time.

How old will she be when she gets out? Oh my gosh.

Misty better be shakin' in her county issued shoes today!

In the phone call to her (brother) she said she would be IIRC 70 when she gets out if she gets the 15. I believe she is 55 yrs old.

In the phone call to her (brother) she said she would be IIRC 70 when she gets out if she gets the 15. I believe she is 55 yrs old.

No, that was if she got the 25 year sentence. She's 44, it was in one of the articles today. She'll be 59

Dayam!!!!

The regret must be bitter as acid... :yow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez