Donna Brock

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No one here thinks she should have gotten off without some time, we are saying that 15 years was over kill.

Then contact your legislators and get the laws changed. THEY are the ones that wrote the minimum mandatories. IIRC, Ron got two of his "charges" dropped, not his "minimum mandatories". There is a huge difference. Donna's attorney could have fought to get her charges lowered, IF the State was willing. They may not have been willing. JMO

Then contact your legislators and get the laws changed. THEY are the ones that wrote the minimum mandatories. IIRC, Ron got two of his "charges" dropped, not his "minimum mandatories". There is a huge difference. Donna's attorney could have fought to get her charges lowered, IF the State was willing. They may not have been willing. JMO

Donna's charge was lowered. Her original charge carried a 25-year minimum.

Her sentance was a MINIMUM MANDATORY, and the judge couldn't sentence her for less. It doesn't matter that she doesn't have a past record, HE HAD to sentence her to the 15 years. JMO

I was surprised that she didn't take her chances with a jury, still can't figure that one out.:waitasec:

She trafficked drugs across state lines for the purpose of profit. She engaged in behaviors with people known to have drug issues. She involved herself in a road rage incident with Misty. She sat in the back of the vehicle while drug deals were going down with the UCO.

She isn't a first time offender. She is an offender who was continuing to offend until she got caught. I haven't seen her record, so can't say whether this was the first time she was caught, but given the damage done with her behavior, I reassert, she is where she deserves to be.

She is where she deserves to be, just not for 15 years IMO.

The State of Florida is under siege with drug trafficking. If they go light on Donna Brock, who most consider a first time offender, what's to stop the big drug dealers from using unwitting people for trafficking "just this once" until they get caught so that they don't have to serve much time?

Fifteen years isn't just for Donna Brock, it is for everyone who comes after her who believes that Florida will go lightly on them because they're first time offenders.

The State of Florida is under siege with drug trafficking. If they go light on Donna Brock, who most consider a first time offender, what's to stop the big drug dealers from using unwitting people for trafficking "just this once" until they get caught so that they don't have to serve much time?

Fifteen years isn't just for Donna Brock, it is for everyone who comes after her who believes that Florida will go lightly on them because they're first time offenders.
I understand where you're coming from, & admire your faith in the law, but we'll see.

I understand where you're coming from, & admire your faith in the law, but we'll see.

If I had more faith in the law, I would hold the hope that people would see that the law can no longer be manipulated and that if you do the crime, you do the time, despite the information that it was your "first" time. If she gets out sooner than her 15 years mandatory, I will have no faith in the law whatsoever.

IMHO, Donna was arrested because she was with Misty. LE wanted Misty, not Donna. I believe that had Donna done this transaction by herself (even if it was set up by Misty and thus involved the UC officer) I do not think Donna would even have been arrested for her crime. That's JMO.

If I had more faith in the law, I would hold the hope that people would see that the law can no longer be manipulated and that if you do the crime, you do the time, despite the information that it was your "first" time. If she gets out sooner than her 15 years mandatory, I will have no faith in the law whatsoever.
considering how hard you feel towards a 1st time offender, what are your feelings toward Ron? considering what he was charged with, & all his priors, he should be, legally speaking, living out the rest of his life in prison. Personally, my feelings are pretty constant with them all, except for Ron...he has the worst background, & a boat load of charges, so I think it's only logical that he serve the most time. & I would like to see these drug cases tried without throwing in the Haleigh card, or at least force LE to back up their claims. So, Tommy hasn't cooperated & is a suspect? well then prove. put up or shut up. I'm surprised they got away with that.

I still don't understand why TM would pay anyone to fish for info. To me that is crossing all kinds of boundaries to begin with.

I wish DB and her family the best. I hope she gets out on early release and can make a future for herself.

I sometimes forget, while reading on WS, about the humanity behind the stories and that we are all flawed & complicated beings.

Reaching Out To Donna's Son:

life will get better, each day will become more bearable

everyone in the world has unique hardships, tragedies, and challenges - this is one of yours - claim it but don't let it knock you down; you can & will overcome this & you will be a better person for it (I know it's difficult to remember that when it's happening)

*hugs*

Before I decide that Donna and the rest have been purposely chosen for harsh treatment by the courts, I want to see what happens with WBG. He has a charge with a mandatory minimum, and he has a long list of priors. He does, however, have a different judge.

yes, but sometimes, laws need to be manipulated, because some laws are just unfair. If every criminal who did the crime, did the time, there would be more prisoners, than private citizens. giving a sick friend your left over antibiotic? a crime. giving your husband a leftover pain pill for his migraine? a crime. what about those 'cool' parents who let their kids have booze parties? a crime. what about all of the unlicensed, unisured, drivers on the road? a crime. That's the problem...everybody has a different tolerance for certain crimes, & have no problem saying , 'but here's where I draw the line'. personally, I think all of these people, including Ron, should've been charged with a lesser drug dealing. But LE didn't want it that way, because with the trafficking, they have all of the power.

To Donna's son...

Please don't take anything you read about your mom to heart. She is your mother and I am sure she loves you very much. Her bad choices don't make her a bad person. If there was one wish she could have right now, she would probably wish to be with her children. You see, I have been where your mom is now and were it not for my family, I might not have made it through.

I am sorry you have to go through this pain. None of this is your fault. Sometimes, even adults, have to learn the hard way. Stay strong.

Personally, I fail to see the logic of laws that force the early release of hardened, violent criminals because the prison population is overflowing with non-violent offenders. Don't get me wrong, I'm not soft on drugs. Not by a long shot. I know too well the destruction they wreak. I just believe there are more effective alternatives. Apparently, I'm not alone because across the country, states are seeking to enact legislation to reform their mandatory minimum policies.

Families Against Mandatory Minimums (FAMM) is one organization fighting for reform. I've been watching their site for awhile now. Interestingly, there was little news coming out of Florida on the subject until Misty, et al were busted. Here's one editorial published last week in the Orlando Sentinel. Hope Sykes is mentioned near the end. (I apologize if this is a repeat. I haven't seen it posted.)

After a diverticulitis attack, Scott Earle received Vicodin to dull his pain...

Though he never sold a single pill nor made a dime off the deals, Florida's mandatory minimum laws stuck him with a 25-year sentence. By his scheduled release in 2019, Floridians will have shelled out more than $500,000 to keep a first-time, nonviolent offender behind bars. Your tax dollars at work.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/os-ed-mandatory-minimums-083010-20100827,0,7683707.story

Note to Donna's son: If you're not already familiar with this group, you'll want to check out their website.

http://www.famm.org/NewsandInformation/FAMMintheNews.aspx

Personally, I fail to see the logic of laws that force the early release of hardened, violent criminals because the prison population is overflowing with non-violent offenders. Don't get me wrong, I'm not soft on drugs. Not by a long shot. I know too well the destruction they wreak. I just believe there are more effective alternatives. Apparently, I'm not alone because across the country, states are seeking to enact legislation to reform their mandatory minimum policies.

Families Against Mandatory Minimums (FAMM) is one organization fighting for reform. I've been watching their site for awhile now. Interestingly, there was little news coming out of Florida on the subject until Misty, et al were busted. Here's one editorial published last week in the Orlando Sentinel. Hope Sykes is mentioned near the end. (I apologize if this is a repeat. I haven't seen it posted.)

After a diverticulitis attack, Scott Earle received Vicodin to dull his pain...

Though he never sold a single pill nor made a dime off the deals, Florida's mandatory minimum laws stuck him with a 25-year sentence. By his scheduled release in 2019, Floridians will have shelled out more than $500,000 to keep a first-time, nonviolent offender behind bars. Your tax dollars at work.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/os-ed-mandatory-minimums-083010-20100827,0,7683707.story

Note to Donna's son: If you're not already familiar with this group, you'll want to check out their website.

http://www.famm.org/NewsandInformation/FAMMintheNews.aspx
Thanks, & no I don't think this had been posted. It was a good read, & made me feel a little better about my views. It's good to know that others see the injustice. & another thing...these set-ups by cops, are getting old.

Donna was supplying the drugs Ron and Misty were selling to the UCO. She was going across state lines to get them. She has offered NO information which could be considered valuable to the whereabouts to Haleigh Cummings' disappearance. If her sentence was a mandatory 5 years, I'd support her serving out her whole time. She was sentenced to 15. I support her serving her whole time.

Donna was supplying the drugs Ron and Misty were selling to the UCO. She was going across state lines to get them. She has offered NO information which could be considered valuable to the whereabouts to Haleigh Cummings' disappearance. If her sentence was a mandatory 5 years, I'd support her serving out her whole time. She was sentenced to 15. I support her serving her whole time.
she wasn't the only one supplying drugs. Where are their arrests? laws are revised & changed all of the time, & I fully expect these to be obliterated. especially the ones which only have under cover cops for customers. MOO.

DB cannot supply any information about Haleigh if she doesn't have it so I wouldn't hold it against her; just the drugs thing.

Her sentance was a MINIMUM MANDATORY, and the judge couldn't sentence her for less. It doesn't matter that she doesn't have a past record, HE HAD to sentence her to the 15 years. JMO

Thank you. You do the crime, you serve the time.

I'm sorry Donna's son lost his mom to prison. At least his mom is still alive though and I pray she gets help. Her decisions hurt her son and family. Not the cops, not the laws, not the justice system. Just Donna.

Locally we just lost a 24 year old mom of three kids to a drug overdose. Drugs she bought from a small time pill pusher like Donna. Those kids don't have the opportunity to ever talk to their mom on the phone, write letters and visit in prison.

Donna is exactly where she needs to be for exactly the amount of time she needs to be there.

Just to let you know Debs, this is a post I entirely agree with. I also live in a state which is at war with drug users and dealers. Slaps on the writst don't work. So of course state lawmakes, who are elected by the people, go completely the other way with harsher drug laws and sentencing.

As you pointed out,there is nothing personal about the years Donna Brock received. It has nothing to do with who she trafficed with or if this was her first infraction. It's the law. And she broke it. However, I am sorry she had to learn it the hard way.

I sincerely doubt most of those dealing drugs pause first to look at the score card as to what type of jail time they could be facing if caught. If they did, I would hope that would cause them to stop and not deal. Unfortunately it didn't happen in Donna's case. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485
Back