Dozens Hold Memorial At Caylee Remains Site

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When family members live far apart or are estranged, it is not uncommon to have more than one memorial service.

It is my understanding both services were from the heart and respectful.

I'm glad LP and RG went through with their plans to have their own memorial. I bet it was touching. And I can almost guarantee that they didn't end it with a KC love fest.

There are people all over the nation, in many different places Honoring this childs short life today. I hope the spirit of that can override the negativity for the moment. No matter who you are, what you believe, who you support, it is all about bowing your head to a precious life gone too soon.

Well said.

I bet it was touching. And I can almost guarantee that they didn't end it with a KC love fest.
snipped by me I bet it didn't either and that's why if I were in the area, I would have been there with LP and RG.

I thought today was for Caylee.Doesnt matter if it was at the church or where she was found. Instead of saying mean things why not say positive words for Caylee.For just one day put aside your personal feeling and honor this sweet child.Im gonna give myself a long time out now. God bless

Mourners hold separate memorial where Caylee's remains were found

Rich McKay |Sentinel Staff Writer With tears, prayers, and toys in hand, more than 70 people gathered near a small patch of woods in southeast Orange County where the body of Caylee Marie Anthony was found after months of holding the attention of the nation.

People gathered in an impromptu service this morning, led by a California bounty hunter who inserted himself in the case of the missing girl and her 22-year-old mother Casey Anthony, who is now in jail and charged with the child's slaying.

"This isn't anything that was planned," said Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla who was once welcomed into the Anthony household when he helped secure a bond for Casey, but later revoked it, stating that the mother wasn't cooperating in the search for her child.

"I didn't know Caylee, but I feel like I did," he said. "I wanted to come out here and say a few prayers

The service coincided with the formal memorial for Caylee, of which Padilla was banned from attending by the family. Padilla, who has weighed in on the case many times in the national media, said that he wasn't trying to upstage the Anthony family or extend his fame.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ony-makeshift-memorial-021009,0,7847030.story

I ike LP quite a bit. I think LP, Reverend Grund, Jesse Grund and Mark Klass should have been allowed to attend today's Memorial. This was Caylee's day. Who is anybody to ban anyone from her service today? And from a church on top of it? Not right. A church is a place of God. I wonder how God feels about the "not invited/banned list"? Everyone needs comfort and prayer and to hear God's words, especially at a time like this.

Mark Klass on the Banned List????? :eek:

Let people grieve the way they want to grieve! Today is about Caylee!

I'm having a memorial in Oregon at my house in my own way, the only difference is WFTV and the rest could care less about it.

Today is about healing...about reflecting on why Caylee touched our lives... I don't care how LP did it. I don't care about how the Anthonys did it. I am sure TM and many many others involved in this case remembered Caylee on this day.

We all need closure so we can move on to the next phase - justice!!!

Have LP and Rg previously sold pictures? Could you link so that we could all see them, please. I am sure the Grunds must have a great many of a younger Caylee and a great many cute stories of when she was a baby.:) Very appropriate for a memorial.

I'm having a memorial in Oregon at my house in my own way, the only difference is WFTV and the rest could care less about it.

Today is about healing...about reflecting on why Caylee touched our lives... I don't care how LP did it. I don't care about how the Anthonys did it. I am sure TM and many many others involved in this case remembered Caylee on this day.

:clap::clap::blowkiss::clap::clap:

I also would have joined LP. Having lost a baby myself I have great sympathy for the Anthonys, but the memorial should not have been a platform to make speeches about KC, or ask people to support and send her letters. This should have been Caylee's day.

:clap: :clap: Very well said!!

I also would have joined LP. Having lost a baby myself I have great sympathy for the Anthonys, but the memorial should not have been a platform to make speeches about KC, or ask people to support and send her letters. This should have been Caylee's day.

I agree!

It WAS Caylee's day! But it would have been sad for the Anthonys not to mention Casey, she is their daughter and Caylee's mother. Like it or not, THEY still love her and support her. And she does need our prayers.... Jesus loved even the worst of sinners... can we not try to do the same?

I'm glad LP and RG went through with their plans to have their own memorial. I bet it was touching. And I can almost guarantee that they didn't end it with a KC love fest.

They don't have to end with a KC love fest. They do it every single time they have given an interview or made an internet posting. Constant blame is on the Anthony's, more than is on Casey who is accused of murder. The most vile accusations anyone can make, and mostly ridicule and accusations against Cindy.

It WAS Caylee's day! But it would have been sad for the Anthonys not to mention Casey, she is their daughter and Caylee's mother. Like it or not, THEY still love her and support her. And she does need our prayers.... Jesus loved even the worst of sinners... can we not try to do the same?

The Anthonys can find a camera any time they want to express their love and support for KC. I just don't think the memorial was the place, especially when KC is the reason there was a memorial today.

They don't have to end with a KC love fest. They do it every single time they have given an interview or made an internet posting. Constant blame is on the Anthony's, more than is on Casey who is accused of murder. The most vile accusations anyone can make, and mostly ridicule and accusations against Cindy.

I don't see how doing interviews is a KC love fest:confused::confused:

Some of us think that constant blame SHOULD be on the A's...all of them.

But that is neither here nor there. It has nothing to do with LP and RG having their own service, which was their right to have.

This is my own opinion only: I feel as thought the Anthony's used this memorial to create public sympathy for Casey and find that distirbing. I thought the Memorial was beautiful up until the Anthony's starting talking about Casey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap
Back