Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Burke tells Dr. Phil that he goes downstairs after everybody goes to bed and Dr. Phil doesn't ask some follow up questions like: how long were you down there? Did you turn he lights on?

Yes, this was a HUGE admission and it is the one major jaw-dropping moment of the interview (thus far at least)!!! For those of you who weren't able to be in the chat room last night, this reveal by BR that he "snuck downstairs after everyone else was in bed that night" was a major topic of conversation.

Maybe Tricia can include a link so that others can read the transcript of our chat?

Anyway - Dr. P somehow knows to ask about this -- and since this has NEVER been disclosed before, I can only surmise that either BR talks about it on one of the videotaped interviews he did many years ago with law enforcement that the public never saw (and that we are only just now getting to see excerpts of) but Dr P got to watch these tapes in their entirety so he knew BR had admitted to going downstairs after all had gone to bed. OR, someone (JR or Lin Wood) gave Dr P a heads-up that this was something BR had previously told them. What seems more likely to me is scenario #1 (it was on one of the tapes -- otherwise I don't think JR or Lin Wood would ever want that info to be known).

So Dr P asks BR if his dad put him to bed using the flashlight that night and BR responds yes. This is also the first time we've ever heard that! I found that really strange. Why would you put your kiddo to bed using a flashlight in your own home? Wouldn't you have the lights on and then just turn them off? According to the parents JBR was "zonked" already from the party so it's not like they would've been worried about waking her up with the light being on -- plus her bedroom was a ways from BR's bedroom anyway -- so why would JR use a flashlight to put BR to bed?

But with this admission, we now have BR and JR using the flashlight (and presumably we're talking about the maglite flashlight here that was found on the kitchen counter -- although that was never specified) on the night of the murder.

Then Dr P somehow knows to ask BR about "sneaking downstairs" after he was put to bed to play with a toy -- and BR responds, yeah - I did. WOW. Just WOW.

Unfortunately, Dr P misses golden opportunities for follow-up questions here (or maybe they were edited out), so we don't know what BR means by "downstairs" (main floor? or basement?). We also don't know how long he stayed up playing with this toy. And we don't know what the toy was that he was playing with (the train? or something else?)

But from this admission by BR, what we DO have now is BR awake and out of his bedroom after everyone else had gone to bed -- and either on the main floor of the house (in direct proximity to the kitchen -- where the bowl of pineapple is found -- and to the spiral stairs -- where JBR either walked down or was carried down and where the ransom note was left -- and to the stairs leading to the basement) or in the basement of the house (in the train room? where the broken window was and where Lou Smit thought the "intruder" came through -- and on the same floor as where PR's paint tray was and where the wine cellar was where JBR's body was found).

I think that is just a huge admission!!!

Hi, what is the book you wrote? I am relatively new to this forum. I am interested in this topic in general.

Thanks.
Just referring to the very, very long post I made up thread. I actually thought about adding an emoticon to make sure people understood I didn’t mean "book" literally... but the emoticons all looked inappropriate given the subject matter.

Oh, and welcome to Websleuths!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Honestly my grandma died when I was 9 and I cried all the time. I'm 67 and ask me about her now. No tears, sadness I would tell you how beautiful she was and a great cook.
But BR had no emotions about his little sister.

I agree. Nine year olds are not dumb and do understand death. I recall my grandfather dying and still feel sad about losing him. There's no smile, grinning or inappropriate laughter.
We need to stop saying nine year olds are not capable of emotions or killing because they are. Something is extremely wrong with Burke, his demeanor is chilling. This isn't typical for spectrum autism either. I'd love to see a psychologists eval of him. Not paid for by his dear old dad either.

If Burke does have Asperger's or some form of autism why in the world would his father or Lin Wood even allow such an interview? They would know that Burke does not answer questions normally and would come across socially awkward and evasive. He might be an adult but they would have been able to advise him against putting himself out there and causing more negative publicity. Even if Burke does not have a medical condition his father would have known that Burke would not come across well during an interview.

Also, it was Dr. Phil who brought up the flashlight and stated John Ramsey said he used the flashlight when he put Burke to bed. Now, both JR and PR have both denied that the flashlight belonged to them. No fingerprints on the flashlight or even the batteries. Why would someone have wiped down the flashlight and batteries unless it was the murder weapon.

I believe someone in the house committed the murder since most of the evidence points to one of the three people who were in the home. There was staging that went on after the murder to throw off the investigators. However, one thing bothers me. The garrote and the details surrounding the device. Would the average person even know about making such a device?

Yeah if that smile doesn't creep people out, I don't know what does.

attachment.php

beyond creepy.

Something else I found very significant but I am not sure if I heard it wrong. When Burke was being questioned by police in the old tapes, the officer asks him what snacks Jonbenet would have before bed. After first denying she ever had snacks before bed, he eventually says "maybe Pineapple". If I heard that correctly and haven't misunderstood, I find that very important..

I think they liked to sneak downstairs for midnight snacks together. What young kids don't! Esp. on Christmas Eve!

Any lawyers that signed off on this interview should be fired. My neighbor, who has a very peripheral "Nancy Grace" version of the facts of this case, informed me last night, after the 2nd. interview that "he did it".

That smiling is beyond creepy. I still don't believe BDI, but this interview may just be the worst thing he could have done. However, I still don't put it past sleazy Dr. Phony, to declare the Ramsey's innocent at the end of the final show, after he cashes in on the ratings, makes as many appearances as possible to "discuss" and tries to pretend like he is a real journalist for a while.

Maybe Burke wants to gloat that he did it so agreed to these interviews.

I find it sad that so many think BR is creepy because of a grin that seems inappropriate at times. I don't think he was grinning because he was on DP or being interviewed about the murder of his sister. IMO he has social development issues, you can see this as well, in his interview as a child.

Yes, this was a HUGE admission and it is the one major jaw-dropping moment of the interview (thus far at least)!!! For those of you who weren't able to be in the chat room last night, this reveal by BR that he "snuck downstairs after everyone else was in bed that night" was a major topic of conversation.

Maybe Tricia can include a link so that others can read the transcript of our chat?

Anyway - Dr. P somehow knows to ask about this -- and since this has NEVER been disclosed before, I can only surmise that either BR talks about it on one of the videotaped interviews he did many years ago with law enforcement that the public never saw (and that we are only just now getting to see excerpts of) but Dr P got to watch these tapes in their entirety so he knew BR had admitted to going downstairs after all had gone to bed. OR, someone (JR or Lin Wood) gave Dr P a heads-up that this was something BR had previously told them. What seems more likely to me is scenario #1 (it was on one of the tapes -- otherwise I don't think JR or Lin Wood would ever want that info to be known).

So Dr P asks BR if his dad put him to bed using the flashlight that night and BR responds yes. This is also the first time we've ever heard that! I found that really strange. Why would you put your kiddo to bed using a flashlight in your own home? Wouldn't you have the lights on and then just turn them off? According to the parents JBR was "zonked" already from the party so it's not like they would've been worried about waking her up with the light being on -- plus her bedroom was a ways from BR's bedroom anyway -- so why would JR use a flashlight to put BR to bed?

But with this admission, we now have BR and JR using the flashlight (and presumably we're talking about the maglite flashlight here that was found on the kitchen counter -- although that was never specified) on the night of the murder.

Then Dr P somehow knows to ask BR about "sneaking downstairs" after he was put to bed to play with a toy -- and BR responds, yeah - I did. WOW. Just WOW.

Unfortunately, Dr P misses golden opportunities for follow-up questions here (or maybe they were edited out), so we don't know what BR means by "downstairs" (main floor? or basement?). We also don't know how long he stayed up playing with this toy. And we don't know what the toy was that he was playing with (the train? or something else?)

But from this admission by BR, what we DO have now is BR awake and out of his bedroom after everyone else had gone to bed -- and either on the main floor of the house (in direct proximity to the kitchen -- where the bowl of pineapple is found -- and to the spiral stairs -- where JBR either walked down or was carried down and where the ransom note was left -- and to the stairs leading to the basement) or in the basement of the house (in the train room? where the broken window was and where Lou Smit thought the "intruder" came through -- and on the same floor as where PR's paint tray was and where the wine cellar was where JBR's body was found).

I think that is just a huge admission!!!

BINGO! So Burke witnessed her "kidnapping/murder" or he did it.

I'm an inappropriate smiler. I don't judge Burke for his awkward smiles and fiddling with his fingers.

I am too , nothing worse than smiling at a funeral but I always stop myself by biting my inner cheek . He is just smiling all the way though and seems detached about it all. His baby sister died in the worse way imaginable and yet he is quite casual about it IMO

He reminds me of The Joker with the way he smiles!

In the DP interview I see a young man who is socially awkward with odd responses. In the interview as 9 year old he is awkward as well. I wouldn't call him creepy but maybe I'm not creeped out by socially awkward people.

I have a child that's autistic, and terribly socially awkward , I'm still calling it very very CREEPY and it does remind me ALOT of The Joker...there's even something off even if he is naturally off IMO

(respectfully snipped)**********
DP: Did you hit your sister over
the head with a baseball bat or flash light?
BR: Absolutely not
DP: If someone in your house did,
do you think you
would have heard it?
BR: probably... ya (bites lip?)

Interesting answer.

Wonder where he thinks the head trauma happened.

First of all, I have no idea if he has ASD or not. I will say my only child does have Autism, and IME with her and other children and adults all over the spectrum it would certainly make sense of his affect and answers/reactions to questions both as a child and as an adult.

Also as a palliative care nurse his reaction at 9 to his sisters death is not as unusual as some may think. If he is on the spectrum, his reaction as an adult (reflecting) isn't necessarily surprising either.

He is bright, and likely always has been... But if anything the interview with Dr. P really makes me wonder if he would have been capable of maintaining his story as a youth if it weren't the truth.

I had always felt the Burke did it by accident theory was a good possibility... But after watching the interview I have serious doubts.
I agree. IMO The murder was way to sophisticated for a 9 year old boy with Burk's laid back personality to carry out. The murder was so evil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I just watched, fast-forwarding through commercials. I believe Burke. I don't find his affect "creepy" at all. He's shy, he's never been asked about this stuff before, and DP is interrogating him. How the heck would he remember if he ate pineapple on Dec 25 twenty years ago? Seriously?

I was 10 when my grandfather died. I knew something was very wrong and a bad thing had happened, but was given no details. We were sent to stay with someone while my parents went to deal with the very serious bad thing. When they returned, they told us he was dead. I have no idea what the words were. But I laughed and so did my sister. I wasn't happy. It was just uncomfortable. And I have just about zero memory of anything else, except that I played a little prank on my mother that night because the opportunity presented itself. I obviously did not "get" that it was not the time to do that. My sister and I still remember our reaction of laughing when they announced his death. (I still feel kind of bad about it.). But I wasn't the least bit happy, nor did I think it was funny. But what I remember is laughing and playing a prank, not being devastated and sad. I was a kid.

It does sound like the bigger trauma to Burke at the time was his mother's emotional state. He was sent to "go comfort her"? Wow, that's quite a burden to put on a child.

Burke didn't lose a child. He lost a sibling at the age of 9. You can't expect a 9 year old child to respond to a death the way an adult does, especially a parent who loses a child, IMO, the greatest loss a parent can suffer.

I'm just really shocked by the slurs about Burke and lack of empathy toward him.

I believe that he believes the things he's saying. Whether they're true or not is another question. I don't expect very valid recall of his 9 year old memories 20 years later. And who knows whether he has been fed memories by others. I feel sorry for him. I wish he hadn't done this interview. The public can be really mean spirited.

And I give the opinion of Lilian Glass all of :twocents: I don't respect her at all.

thank you so much for your point of view,I was so disappointed reading all these nasty comments about Burke.

My my father died in shocking circumstances when I was nine, and I remember laughing on the way to the funera, just about random things that make kids laugh, not about my dad. I remember knowing it would be the worst thing ever to laugh at the funeral, and I kinda almost did but i turned it into a cry. Thankfully no one was snapping photos of me and judging me. your so right that children don't behave like adults.

Some people smile a lot out out of politeness, I do that, and also smile and laugh when nervous, or being accused of something I didn't do.

And this is just in response to a bunch of different comments dissing Burke for not reading the ransom note, not remembering every detail of that day, not leaving his room when he knew drama was happening ..

This guys sister was killed in his own home. It's horrific, and jonbenets murder became such a huge story, and still is, and may have overshadowed his whole life. I wonder how 'normal' all these people would be having experienced what he has. Most of us are lucky enough not to have a sibling murdered or be accused by some of being the one to comit the crime.

it would probably be traumatic for him to read the ransom note, see pictures of her, not to mention people all over the world accusing him of awful things. Of course he would want to get on with his life and not be obsessed with his sister murder.

Sometimes when kids hear their parents upset or fighting or commotion in the house, they do stay in their rooms, because they are scared and don't want interrupt. That's normal.

I wish all the best to Burke and I hope he got paid very well for this interview.

DP EP 2

re: rn

@ 4:53

DP: Burke, these different theories
that are out there, theories that you killed
your sister, theories that your mother killed
JonBenet, and theories that an intruder
killed JonBenet. Those seem to be the three
camps that people talk about.

BR: Ya, I mean I've, I know that we were suspects
I, I didn't know there were camps, I guess.

DP: And, and these are people that post online,
the shorthand is RDI Ramsey Did It.
IDI the Intruder Did It or BDI Burke Did It.
Do you know the theories that they set forth
in saying that your mom killed JonBenet?

BR: I don't know the details
but I know the ransom note, they think the
handwriting matched.

DP: Have you seen it,
have you read it?

BR: Ahhh, I don't think
I've read the whole thing,
I've definitely seen pictures of it though.

DP: Did the handwriting look familiar
to you, at all?

BR: nooo

DP: Had you seen it,
ever before?

BR: No, I feel like the 'Listen carefully'
is very distinct and I've never really seen
that.
I don't know. I've never really
looked at it closely,
'cause ..., see it and kind of get
taken aback, and It's not something I
really want to look at,
like a lot, ... , you know.

DP: Right. Does it look like her handwriting.

BR: Ha. Honestly, looking at that,
she would always bug me about
having good handwriting,
and she would like make me
rewrite stuff to try and get me
to have good handwriting and
I think it's too sloppy. (chuckle)

I just watched day two of the Dr. Phil 3-part special (part three is Monday). Some thoughts:

I don't find anything outrageous about his comment that JBR's eye was drooping in her casket at her funeral. That's because it is consistent with a nine years old's appropriate behavior in response to death which includes morbid fascination.

JR continues to throw Ramsey friends under the bus by saying their friends pressured them to go on CNN just days after their daughter was murdered.

BR does not answer the question posed by DP re: the ransom note - Does that look like your mother's handwriting? He dodges it by going into a story about how she'd always bug him about having good handwriting and she always made him re-write stuff to try and get hum to have good handwriting, and he thinks it's too sloppy. A simple yes, no or I don't onow would have been better. I think he suspects she did write it.

I had never seen or heard of the Larry King interview with both the Ramseys and Steve Thomas! I must find and watch that interview.

DP asks, Did you go to the pageants? Answer: "I just remember she would just like, you know, go out and just flaunt whatever on stage, and she wasn't shy I guess." Im not sure why I dislike this statement. Could it be a hint of victim-blaming?

JR said this IS my final interview. Hmm. Interesting. Like someone else said, is he dying?

Child psychologist asks BR in video how long food does food normally sit out on the table? Answer: "Not very long."

But as others have pointed out, the biggest revelation was about the flashlight and BR's admission that he got up after being put to bed. Remember - the Ramseys, police and family friends all denied owning the flashlight, but now it comes to light that JR put BR to bed that might with the flashlight. (To quote NG... Bombshell!) DP: "Your dad has said he used the flashlight that night to put you to bed, and then you snuck downstairs to play." BR: "Yeah, I had some toy I wanted to put together. I remember being downstairs after everyone was kind of in bed. I wanted to get this thing out" (the new toy). I'm not big on the BDI, but this does suggest to me that - like others have said - he could have been a witness or it shows no intruder would be there waiting to kidnap the more valuable child... Why not kidnap Burke? He was a lot taller than JBr, but he was only 9, and thin. In fact, why not kidnap both and get double the ransom.

Burke's demeanor is the exact same now as it was when he was 9, even the odd smirk I saw as he left the funeral, so what does that mean ?
IMO before we judge and vilify we need to know more about Burke and observe his behavior, expressions, etc in every day life. I would like to see if his so called "smirk" is unfortunately just part of his facial expression. Ever see anyone with a totally mean looking face? Or someone who has a natural frown?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member