Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Courttv has been showing some of the jury selection but are finishing up the Markle trial. Since it is going to closing arguments tomorrow morning, i dont' know if they will show JRR trial in between or start it after. They had said they were going live originally, but at that point we didn't think it would start til Monday.

Question about those livestreaming Crime and Law. Have you paid for the premium service? I've got it on Roku but it freezes all the time. Not having the issue with any other channels.

Hey, have I missed anything?
Hey WyleECoyote The "Just-Us-Bus" is glad you got on board! I'm hoping to a lot more long time sleuthers start checking in.
(Can anyone give a holler to Dexter?) Six days for a jury, on a high profile case. Not too bad. Everyone has "access" to some kind of news....even if it is 2nd had knowledge from "water cooler gossip." The most important component seems to be the willingness to listen to both sides of the case and then make a decision based on admissible evidence. For instance, will JRR's nickname, "The Hammer" not be admissible because it is "too prejudicial?" Hmmm, imagine being on a jury in which the victims were killed by an AK47 weapon, and the suspect's nickname is "AK47." (Nah, could never happen, huh? Except in this case!)

Thanks for posting about the Law and Crime stream. I’ve been watching CourtTV on headphones at work but the audio cuts out a lot and the commercials drive me bonkers as well. I do think it’s good coverage and commentary though. The Markel case is crazy. There was a really well-done podcast about that case but the name escapes me now.

Thursday, October 10th:
*Trial set to begin (@ 8:30am ET) - FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) - *Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin 10/10/19 . Trial expected to last 4 to 5 weeks. Jury: 5 men & 7 women, 2 alternates: 1 man & 1 woman.
Court hearings & Jury selection from 1/25/19 thru 10/8/19 reference post #801 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019

*Mark D. Sievers (50) – Next Trial Call hearing on 10/14.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

On top of evidence and testimony, attorney Peter Dennis tells us how a defendants body language can influence a jury.

Smug, happy, or sad, all the expressions can have an effect. Dennis told WINK News if Rodgers were his client in this case, he would advise him to remain neutral with his expressions.

He says the wrong expression, like a smile or a laugh can signal to the jury that you are not taking the matter serious and you are not engaged.

One tactic many attorneys use to try to keep their clients focused is by telling them to draw or take notes on a note pad, which is something we have seen Rodgers doing frequently in the court room.

https://www.winknews.com/2019/10/10/jimmy-rodgers-trial-opening-statements-day-1/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee