Drew Funneling Money To Steve

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It still all goes back to the original $25,000. that DP said Stacy took on 10/29 when she left (according to DP). (If it was the 28th, someone shoot me, I should know by this time!)

Why not $30,000 or $20,000??

And as pathera said: DP has an excuse for it. Wonder if Brodsky has the same one?? LOL

To me, that was the start of monies being moved, used, etc. Or, as was once discussed, it was the money that was paid to someone to help DP in the removal of barrels, containers, evidence, etc.

It still all goes back to the original $25,000. that DP said Stacy took on 10/29 when she left (according to DP). (If it was the 28th, someone shoot me, I should know by this time!)

And as pathera said: DP has an excuse for it. Wonder if Brodsky has the same one?? LOL

To me, that was the start of monies being moved, used, etc. Or, as was once discussed, it was the money that was paid to someone to help DP in the removal of barrels, containers, evidence, etc.
Well all we have to do is get one of the handwriting experts to verify her signature on a check or withdrawal slip. They do it on the daytime court shows all the time.

Now, my memory needs refreshing, but I thought he said she took the money out of the house, like a home safe? It's a good point about the amount, but ever since the story about Tom Morphey came out moving the containers I thought it went to him and DP was just saying Stacy took it.

Now, my memory needs refreshing, but I thought he said she took the money out of the house, like a home safe? It's a good point about the amount, but ever since the story about Tom Morphey came out moving the containers I thought it went to him and DP was just saying Stacy took it.
That makes more sense than taking money out of the bank, no tracing a lie. Now that you mention this, I do seem to recall something about this. Forgot about it until you mentioned it.

That makes more sense than taking money out of the bank, no tracing a lie. Now that you mention this, I do seem to recall something about this. Forgot about it until you mentioned it.
I could be wrong but I just don't remember anything mentioned about a bank withdrawl for the $25,000 and that definitely could be traced as to who withdrew it and when. ;)

I could be wrong but I just don't remember anything mentioned about a bank withdrawl for the $25,000 and that definitely could be traced as to who withdrew it and when. ;)

I remember it being mentioned that the money had been in the safe at home. Some had questioned whether Stacy knew the combination or not. It was discussed at some lengh on GretaWire and elsewhere. It was also mentioned that some thought it was a lot of money to just have on hand.

I remember it being mentioned that the money had been in the safe at home. Some had questioned whether Stacy knew the combination or not. It was discussed at some lengh on GretaWire and elsewhere. It was also mentioned that some thought it was a lot of money to just have on hand.
Thanks :) it's been a while since that money was discussed and I too thought it very odd to have that amount of cash in the house and some had even speculated it came from drugs while he was working narcotics (before we learned how much he got from Kathleen's death).

The only reason I can think of for an average person to have $25,000 in cash at home is that it's money you don't want anyone to know about.....like Uncle Sam. This is what doesn't pass the smell test. Bail money? I question whether Drew will get bail, especially if the prosecution presents evidence of both wives' murders.

The only reason I can think of for an average person to have $25,000 in cash at home is that it's money you don't want anyone to know about.....like Uncle Sam. This is what doesn't pass the smell test. Bail money? I question whether Drew will get bail, especially if the prosecution presents evidence of both wives' murders.
That's a good point, but now everyone knows about it! I still think it's a good possibility it really was in the house but used to pay off someone so he said Stacy took it, and it was an attempt to try to convince the public that she'd really run off (like she wouldn't need to access bank accounts since she had that much cash).

Since 9/11, I know several people who keep cash available just in case they can't get to their money in the bank. I don't think keeping cash around is that suspicious, what's hinky to me is that Drew HAS SO MUCH money; cops usually don't make tons of money.

What I found interesting in that article about the will linked above, is that it was written in CAPITAL letters. IIRC it's hard to do handwriting analysis when something is in caps.

Since 9/11, I know several people who keep cash available just in case they can't get to their money in the bank. I don't think keeping cash around is that suspicious, what's hinky to me is that Drew HAS SO MUCH money; cops usually don't make tons of money.

What I found interesting in that article about the will linked above, is that it was written in CAPITAL letters. IIRC it's hard to do handwriting analysis when something is in caps.
Yes, it's the amount that is so suspicious.

Also, are you sure about the CAPITAL letters making it hard to do handwriting analysis? I've never heard that.

Also, are you sure about the CAPITAL letters making it hard to do handwriting analysis? I've never heard that.
Some people do print in all Caps. We just need to know if it was a habit of Kathleen's or is standard for Drew? Getting copies of letters and handwritten notes on greeting cards to her family and copies of his official police reports would certainly give a clue, IMO.

No, I'm not sure - I just seem to remember hearing that or reading that.

Some people do print in all Caps. We just need to know if it was a habit of Kathleen's or is standard for Drew? Getting copies of letters and handwritten notes on greeting cards to her family and copies of his official police reports would certainly give a clue, IMO.

I sue hope that LE is NOW looking into all this, since they didn't investigate it when they should have. It's also suspicious that the witnesses were friends of DP's. And the executor I think was DPs uncle.

Forgive me if this has already been posted as I haven't read the entire thread. But darn, with all that money, why in the hell did he open a website to help pay for his legal defense? What a greedy SOB!

And why isn't he collecting (or donating) money to help out all those neighbors he was whining about losing their homes????

Hmmmm Steve was off work from October 27th thru November 20th? That seems pretty suspicious in itself, does it not?

Forgive me if this has already been posted as I haven't read the entire thread. But darn, with all that money, why in the hell did he open a website to help pay for his legal defense? What a greedy SOB!

And why isn't he collecting (or donating) money to help out all those neighbors he was whining about losing their homes????

Yes, GREEDY!!! I believe I heard him say that he shouldn't have to lose all his assets defending himself. WHY NOT??? YOU caused all this, Drew. Why should anyone else have to pay for it?

Yeah, collect money to help all those neighbors losing their homes....right Mr. Narcissist!

I was thinking of other "expensive" toys I wanted to add to my original post on this thread.
Did you get a load of that RV parked in his backyard. It looks like a rock bands' tour bus.
Motorcycles. Big Expensive ones.
Above Ground Pool
Looks like he had a lust for the biggest and best of everything. Sort-of like "the one who dies with the most toys wins" It seems to be with him the more expensive and the younger the better.
Too many toys for a hard working cop. Unless he is mortgaged to the hilt. I bet a buck he isn't.
If I was looking for a weakness in him to exploit it would be his computer knowledge. He is not a geek for sure. The computers that are missing are not the type techies buy.

I was thinking of other "expensive" toys I wanted to add to my original post on this thread.
Did you get a load of that RV parked in his backyard. It looks like a rock bands' tour bus.
Motorcycles. Big Expensive ones.
Above Ground Pool
Looks like he had a lust for the biggest and best of everything. Sort-of like "the one who dies with the most toys wins" It seems to be with him the more expensive and the younger the better.
Too many toys for a hard working cop. Unless he is mortgaged to the hilt. I bet a buck he isn't.
If I was looking for a weakness in him to exploit it would be his computer knowledge. He is not a geek for sure. The computers that are missing are not the type techies buy.

At the presser, it was stated that computer forensics will play a big role in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trailerguy68
Back