Drew Peterson on Dateline NBC 12-21-07

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh yeak and tissue degeneration creates heat. Remember Tom said the container was warm?
It was also brought up by a nurse at FSP.com that a body inside a sealed container would "sweat" which would bring the core body temperature to the outside. Making it seem even warmer.

I can't remember the WS member that was recently talking about this. The are really into forensics as a hobby and collect books on it. When them and their Significan't other were moving in together, the S.O. saw the books and said "If I didn't know you, I would be afraid of you." LOL.
I remember reading that and thinking...Hmmm...probably a good thing I don't date anymore. Hahaha!

It was also brought up by a nurse at FSP.com that a body inside a sealed container would "sweat" which would bring the core body temperature to the outside. Making it seem even warmer.

I guess there is no question as to what was in the container, tote, box, barrel thing.

Wow, didn't know about Red Devil Lye! My grandmother used that stuff on her farm...lol!

Anyway, I was thinking about Drew seeming to change and was wondering if this occurred after the little pastor/counsellor broke his info to Greta? Perhaps Drew was a bit afraid of just how much this guy actually had learned from Stacy about that night when he "supposedly" killed his third wife, but discovered the fellow didn't seem to reveal as much as he had feared. Maybe he feels very safe now. He thinks he KNOWS Stacy is not going to be found and the third wife will not be pinned on him now so he's feeling his oats!

As for having a new "hottie", I guess it's possible, but he'd have to be crazy to be calling her, seeing her, or having any kind of contact with another woman at this time. The detectives are watching him in every way possible.

gaia

My research is in one of the threads, I think the Blue barrel thread. But several forms of Lye, IIRC, Sodium Hydroxide, is used in water treatment, pool cleaning and soap making among other things.

Chlorine is caustic to human flesh, but would take alot longer and create dangerous gasses. The smell and mess left behind would be tremendous.
I remember reading it here, and I was thinking of his pool chemicals, and I remember the lye being mentioned. I do think he'd be smart enough to make sure she wasn't found, like using a chemical to speed up decomposition.

That's really interesting too. Maybe Tom was telling the truth about it afterall? I still can't see the barrel/container being upstairs inside the house though.

I have a large blue tote with a lid sitting in one of my bedrooms at the moment so it doesn't surprise me (Christmas stuff). Remember that Sharon had stated she saw what Stacy said was DP's stuff in the garage ready to be moved out. This would be consistent with having a blue container in the bedroom...she was packing his things still. Or he had unpacked one possibly. Either way, it makes perfect sense to me for it to have been there.

I have a large blue tote with a lid sitting in one of my bedrooms at the moment so it doesn't surprise me (Christmas stuff). Remember that Sharon had stated she saw what Stacy said was DP's stuff in the garage ready to be moved out. This would be consistent with having a blue container in the bedroom...she was packing his things still. Or he had unpacked one possibly. Either way, it makes perfect sense to me for it to have been there.
I'm not questioning the container being upstairs, just transporting her body if the chemicals were in the container and the possibility of something spilling. :)

I'm not questioning the container being upstairs, just transporting her body if the chemicals were in the container and the possibility of something spilling. :)
Oooh! LOL OK Honestly, I don't see chlorine being in the tote myself...unless he added it later. Ever tried lugging a full ice chest after the ice melted? It is obvious there is liquid by the way the weight shifts continuously from side to side etc. He could have used granulated chemicals tho.

Oooh! LOL OK Honestly, I don't see chlorine being in the tote myself...unless he added it later. Ever tried lugging a full ice chest after the ice melted? It is obvious there is liquid by the way the weight shifts continuously from side to side etc. He could have used granulated chemicals tho.
LOL, I think it would've been added later too and not liquid especially if he put her in the back of the Denali. Using chemicals of some type just seem consistent with his transformation from hiding his face from the media to his joking persona and him thinking that after a week there wouldn't be anything to be found, imo.

His changes in mood coincide directly with how facts of the case come out.

He's a grumpy jerk hiding behind a camera=his house is under seige, Stacy is missing, fingers are being pointed at him.

He's giddy, confident, joking, and hamming for the camera=something has happened that removed the smoking gun in this case. A big problem has been solved for Drew and a weight lifted off his shoulders.

He's now downcast and quiet=Tom Morphy's story comes out.

Mark Furhman stated that when LE is going in the wrong direction that Drew is smiling, when they are close, Drew is not smiling.

Within the last month or so DP was out in the street with his own video camera filming the media one day, and then suddenly became reclusive. I remember that it was about the time that the story came out about Thomas Morphey helping DP move a container from the bedroom to the Denali.

Within the last month or so DP was out in the street with his own video camera filming the media one day, and then suddenly became reclusive. I remember that it was about the time that the story came out about Thomas Morphey helping DP move a container from the bedroom to the Denali.

That is exactly when that happened. He was really sad talking to a couple of reporters that were asking about Tom. IMO, it's the only time I've seen real emotion displayed by Drew. Funny how he couldn't show that when talking about Stacy.

Sometimes I think "these guys" have poor impulse control. I think, if DP killed Stacy, that it wasn't planned. I think her leaving that morning to go paint was what he thought to be an excuse to meet a man for an affair and he went off in a jealous rage.
Now, he misses her. He gets sad. Such is the "stuff" of Greek drama. Not to mention, the bible. Men who killed their wives, or had them killed in the heat of the "moment" and then later regretted it.
I think players can never "relax", it's been my experience that they expect every woman to do to them, what they have done to women. IMHO

Sometimes I think "these guys" have poor impulse control. I think, if DP killed Stacy, that it wasn't planned. I think her leaving that morning to go paint was what he thought to be an excuse to meet a man for an affair and he went off in a jealous rage.
Now, he misses her. He gets sad. Such is the "stuff" of Greek drama. Not to mention, the bible. Men who killed their wives, or had them killed in the heat of the "moment" and then later regretted it.
I think players can never "relax", it's been my experience that they expect every woman to do to them, what they have done to women. IMHO

I agree with everything you say. Many of the DV incidents are related to poor impulse control. But with DrewP, there are some differences. Kathleen I do think was planned, at least from the time he left his home and went to Kathleen's. But Stacy may have been partly poor impulse control. But not the planning part. He really may not have planned to kill Stacy or Kathleen on those days at those times. But I think he had fantasized about killing them both. You know one of those mind fantasies where he thought about doing it, then thought about how to cover it up- if he did it. One thing that has stood out for me from the beginning is the family statements.

Kathleen Savio's family says she told them that if she died and it looked like an accident- it wasn't.

Stacy's sister has said that Stacy made her promise that if she went missing that her sister would look for her.

And in both cases, what happened to them was exactly what they had warned their families about. Kathleen's looked like an accident, Stacy's looked like a disappearance.

I think DrewP fantasized about killing them. And I think that during arguments he probably threatened them with those fantasies. Kathleen's looks more premeditated. But I think that in some ways Stacy's was also premeditated. I think during that argument on Sun. that the killing may have been somewhat impulsive, but I think he just put physical action to those thoughts he had had previously.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back