Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, a boat, plane, two new cars, two expensive homes, a Harley and a crew of Pro Bono attorneys. Add to that a nice little pension. I'd say he's a really lucky man and priviledged, too. No wonder he has such a big ego. jmo

I think he's a dirty cop, not a lucky "man". In fact I have doubts that he IS a man. He's a worm, to me. Or, a slug. Lets dump salt on him and see if he shrivels up and goes away.

abbie

Wow, a boat, plane, two new cars, two expensive homes, a Harley and a crew of Pro Bono attorneys. Add to that a nice little pension. I'd say he's a really lucky man and priviledged, too. No wonder he has such a big ego. jmo

Undercover Narcotics ring any bells? Couldn't have all that with a public servant's salary IMO

I've been looking but can not seem to find the jury member listing.

I remember reading it - and one person stood out to me, but now I can't recall if this person was or has a relative that was a retired Joliet policeman.

Number 5 or 6 on the list - a male, 50+yrs old, lived in Joliet entire life, he was or a relative was retired cop, enjoyed airplanes.

To me it was like a description of DP. - I think this juror is why they (defense team) did not continue with mistrial - cops have that silent code thing going on, never rat on each other, IMO what if this juror is the one that is color coordinating everyone else - Drew will walk, or this will be a hung jury.

Again this is all just my opinion and I'm probably reading way too much into things but I just can't help myself.

Thanks to all of you that do updates, could not follow otherwise.

prosecutors want to use Harry Smith testimony to introduce letter that Kathleen Savio wrote about her fears DP would kill her....

court back in session. Savio's divorce attorney, Harry Smith, may be called to testify.

So many times the wife is abused and confides in friends that she fears for her life but once she is killed or disappears it is hearsay. Remember Nicole Brown Simpsons case was mostly ruled as hearsay. What they heck are you supposed to do?

Kill them first.

prosecutors trying to stop defense from questioning Smith about alleged perjury Savio committed on case involving DP and Stacy...

Pro-bozo's? Yes.

They aren't being paid so I think that lends to their un-professionalism. Just MOO.

They are pro bono because they want their names to become famous, household words. They want more hi profile cases. They want to get rich. They want their faces in the media. They want their words quoted and remembered- for posterity, not so the jury remembers it. I hope they have made such fools of themselves the jury will "see the light". They are buffoons.

It worked for Baez, and he IS a Bozo.

abbie:moo:

I'm sorry, but a jury that does this kind of stuff concerns me. Bored or not, it's unprofessional.

Maybe Brodsky is right. Maybe this is just a damn show. :maddening:

These high profile murder cases are starting to be a travesty!!!

:moo:

My opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths LLC

this jury reminds me of the John Grisham book..Runaway Jury...

Burmila just told attorneys to stop talking with each other, "for like the 50th time."

I've been looking but can not seem to find the jury member listing.

I remember reading it - and one person stood out to me, but now I can't recall if this person was or has a relative that was a retired Joliet policeman.

Number 5 or 6 on the list - a male, 50+yrs old, lived in Joliet entire life, he was or a relative was retired cop, enjoyed airplanes.

To me it was like a description of DP. - I think this juror is why they did not continue with mistrial - cops have that silent code thing going on, never rat on each other, IMO what if this juror is the one that is color coordinating everyone else - Drew will walk, or this will be a hung jury.

Again this is all just my opinion and I'm probably reading way too much into things but I just can't help myself.

Thanks to all of you that do updates, could not follow otherwise.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8191386&postcount=59"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Drew Peterson heads to trial. Jury selection begins Monday July 23[/ame]

I bookmarked it so I could find it fast!

Pro Bono? Brodsky won't be making that dental apptmt. And the whole pack won't be able to update their sunglasses. Oh well maybe those viewers that
Helped Casey Anthony out will come to their aid.:floorlaugh:

bjlutz: Smith testimony is a gamble, as it's believed Savio once perjured herself in another case. Defense could question Smith about what he knows

Thanks as I said that upstream but did not hear IS today and that she said that!

Still trying to catch up & listen to IS, (Wa. time!) The artist, Christine Cornell said she thought the black/white may mean that things are becoming clear to them, as in it's all in black & white now. Hopefully, this is the meaning! If this has been addressed, sorrrrrry...

I think he's a dirty cop, not a lucky "man". In fact I have doubts that he IS a man. He's a worm, to me. Or, a slug. Lets dump salt on him and see if he shrivels up and goes away.

abbie

I did not know defense attorneys did Pro Bono for dirty cops. He had enough assets to cover the cost of the attorneys. So why would they represent him Pro Bono. My impression was the Kathy was paying for these attorneys with her $300,000 home. If it had mortgage insurance on it the home was his free and clear. jmo

I did not know defense attorneys did Pro Bono for dirty cops. He had enough assets to cover the cost of the attorneys. So why would they represent him Pro Bono. My impression was the Kathy was paying for these attorneys with her $300,000 home. If it had mortgage insurance on it the home was his free and clear. jmo

I thought the same thing, that Drew was using money he had.

They aren't being paid so I think that lends to their un-professionalism. Just MOO.

They are pro bono because they want their names to become famous, household words. They want more hi profile cases. They want to get rich. They want their faces in the media. They want their words quoted and remembered- for posterity, not so the jury remembers it. I hope they have made such fools of themselves the jury will "see the light". They are buffoons.

It worked for Baez, and he IS a Bozo.

abbie:moo:

Well, they've made a name for themselves in my eyes. Whenever I see any one of them, I think of the "Stacy who?" stooglasses routine.

High profile case..they want recognition.

Don't think they are getting what they want tho..seems they have managed to make most peeps disgusted with them and their outrageous behavior.

I watched a 2009 rerun of Dr. Phil the other day, and DP was on. He was telling a story of being with SP in the grocery store, calling him daddy in front of everyone. He said "he wanted to bash her head in", jokingly of course. It seemed odd and telling he would use that language. So here I am following the trial!

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
Lots of going back and forth about what Savio atty Harry Smith can and cannot tell the jury. I'll let you know when the dust settles.

I can do updates for a little bit.

Judge Burmila returns to the bench. He says that he has reviewed the transcript of Teresa Kernc. Prosecutor Koch: “The next witness the State intends to call will be Harry Smith. There are a couple of questions I’d like to bring to the Court’s attention . . . there’s a letter that was presented to Harry Smith, that Miss Savio presented to Mr. Smith . . . we believe Harry Smith can testify as to the foundational elements of that letter . . . it’s the State’s position that the letter could come in through Harry Smith’s testimony without opening the door to any privileged information that Mr. Smith maintains he still has . . . that’s the first clarification we want to ask the Court’s guidance on . . . also, there was some discussion made as to any kind of offer of proof of Mr. Smith prior to him testifying . . . we believe Harry Smith will be able to testify.” Judge: “What is the date of this statement to her sister that the defendant allegedly said he was going to kill her?” Koch: “Anna Doman’s statement was approximately six weeks before her death.”

In Session Attorney Brodsky responds: “I’m really at a loss here. My client is not charged with the July 5th incident . . . now, they’re trying to introduce this evidence as motive . . . I’ve never seen an attempt to get in such collateral evidence . . . all this is going to is to lay the foundation for the March 22 court order. It’s an agreed order.” Judge: “One of these I already ruled on . . . [two more] are admitted . . . this one I said before already this morning was inadmissible.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett