Drew Peterson's Trial *THIRD WEEK*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead: :rollercoaster::bang:

If this becomes a mistrial with prejudice the pros has no one to blame but themselves.

damn.
From the last comments the Judge made, I'm not getting the impression that is what he's going to do. He appeared to be aggravated with the defense's all or nothing request.

What his remedy will be, however, who knows?

MOO

defense team tells the judge that Peterson only wants a mistrial if it's with prejudice. He doesn't want to start over.

judge to Brodsky: "You only want the mistrial that you want?" Brodsky: "Yes."

Well than doesn't that say for the defense the state's error was not damaging enough to start over? It's only damaging enough to make a ruling to allow him to walk, but not to start over? Don't think they can have it both ways. It is either damaging enough for a mistrial -or- not.

IF DP gets to walk on this murder trial of Kathleen, and cannot be tried for her murder again (reminds me of the OJ stuff)............:what:
what else can he be arrested for and tried for?
everything seems to be circumstantial and no Stacy.
Did I say I'm having a nervous breakdown over this?
DP is so guilty, :jail:
like Casey and yet this crap goes on & on................:banghead:
:moo:

I still say I would like to see the judge bar Patton from participating in the rest of the trial and issue her a contempt citation. That is a heavy penalty, but it would punish her. That would be more than enough, IMO.

Or don't bar her from the rest of the trial and strike the question. The question was not answered. Give the jury an instruction to ignore.

This trial is a farce and it began being a farce with this judge. Then came more and more of the scuzzy defense tactics. THEN the prosecution started with their mistakes, errors, and just plain carelessness.

We needed the judge from the Hemy Neuman case, IMO, and a lot of this mess would not have happened.

MOO

IF DP gets to walk on this murder trial of Kathleen, and cannot be tried for her murder again (reminds me of the OJ stuff)............:what:

I don't think he is going to give them a mistrial with no retrial. The judge pretty much said so already, imo. At least I hope so.

If its a cumulation of errors from the prosecution which causes a mistrial, then I don't think she should be singled out for sanctions just because she made the last error. What she said, on its own, would not have been that big a deal without what went on before.

If its a cumulation of errors from the prosecution which causes a mistrial, then I don't think she should be singled out for sanctions just because she made the last error. What she said, on its own, would not have been that big a deal without what went on before.

BBM:

I know that, but the judge had stated that instruction just 2 hours prior to Patton's error.

JMO

My inclination is he will not grant the defense motion. He almost said as much before adjourning for the day. The remedy may be something along the lines of sanctioning the prosecution, striking the testimony, or granting a mistrial without prejudice.

MOO

Is it too late to have this Judge recuse himself? I guess so, eh? Wishful thinking on my part? There is an obvious conflict here. I honestly do not see this as being such a big deal. I really don't. It didn't cause the accused murderer to not have a fair trial. The evidence will convict him. Partial or impartial. The pros have to work with what they have to put this behind bars forever. So much evidence was surpressed and not allowed in, IMO it is very much understandable that there may be issues and those are always addressed. It's not a reason for a mistrial. Human error happens.

Move on. Enough drama. At this rate, the accused murderer is going to die of old age before he's sentenced.

I don't see it as a big deal either.

Is this all over a question that went unanswered about a knife? Well, the jury has already been told KS slept with a knife. How would they know if it is about that particular one or not? The question was not answered. Strike it and move on.

I do think this Judge should not have been on this case. Don't know if he is just over due retirement, grouchy and clearly prejudice, showing off for us handful of listeners, or can't put a cop in jail, but he needs to be off this case. It will not happen, but it is very clear that he has some prejudices - that work in DP's favor not just legally.

I still say I would like to see the judge bar Patton from participating in the rest of the trial and issue her a contempt citation. That is a heavy penalty, but it would punish her. That would be more than enough, IMO.

Or don't bar her from the rest of the trial and strike the question. The question was not answered. Give the jury an instruction to ignore.

This trial is a farce and it began being a farce with this judge. Then came more and more of the scuzzy defense tactics. THEN the prosecution started with their mistakes, errors, and just plain carelessness.

We needed the judge from the Hemy Neuman case, IMO, and a lot of this mess would not have happened.

MOO

From the little I've heard about this trial it seems it is doomed. I personally think DP is guilty but proving it is another thing. Now if the trial isn't ruled a mistrial and DP ends up guilty anyway, its major appeal time and I would say he has a good chance of winning that. One way or another this trial needs to go away.......

The other option is to strike all of this testimony off the record. They're screwed either way - and it is their own darn fault. Peoples, I am pissed. This is Law School 101 wth.

Personally, I think it would be good to clear the slate and start all over, fresh jurors especially. I've been concerned since before this debacle even began that, in the land of corruption, anyone and everyone could be 'tainted'. It's just been too long coming, too much time for tomfoolery in the field with Peterson's very own special brand of evil-doing.

Reset button, please.

and another missing woman (missing since 1990) who was a former Will County Sheriff's Deputy who was fired from her job following an affair with a married coworker who she subsequently filed an order of protection against.

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news...ks-justice-for-sister-missing-since-1990.html

This poor woman's sister is still looking for her......Obviously this is unrelated to Drew Peterson, except for the fact that it is the same police force in the same county....and another missing woman. Since 1990! :worms::worms:

I respect and admire the work of police officers. I think it is terrible that there are such rotten examples as Mr. Peterson that give the others a bad reputation, but honestly, to me, I think that there is something really, really stinking in Will County's Police Dept.

Shoddy work, incompetence, coupled with corruption.

criminal trial against her former lover and several other Will County cops.
Coincidence?

and another missing woman (missing since 1990) who was a former Will County Sheriff's Deputy who was fired from her job following an affair with a married coworker who she subsequently filed an order of protection against.

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news...ks-justice-for-sister-missing-since-1990.html

This poor woman's sister is still looking for her......Obviously this is unrelated to Drew Peterson, except for the fact that it is the same police force in the same county....and another missing woman. Since 1990! :worms::worms:

I respect and admire the work of police officers. I think it is terrible that there are such rotten examples as Mr. Peterson that give the others a bad reputation, but honestly, to me, I think that there is something really, really stinking in Will County's Police Dept.

Will County Police Dept - that rings a bell. Aren't they the same set of bozos who messed up the Riley Fox investigation? Or is that another Will County?

Just cathing up on what happened today. Geeze, Louise! The question wasn't even answered! Contempt citation for Ms. Patton, her major mess up, strike the question and move on.

The last time Buirmila pulled an over-nighter on a major decision, he seemed to have calmed down and made a valid decision.

IMHO, the DT is really pushing for that mis-trial with prejudice. I don't think they want this case to ever get to the jury.

I don't see it as a big deal either.

Is this all over a question that went unanswered about a knife? Well, the jury has already been told KS slept with a knife. How would they know if it is about that particular one or not? The question was not answered. Strike it and move on.

I do think this Judge should not have been on this case. Don't know if he is just over due retirement, grouchy and clearly prejudice, showing off for us handful of listeners, or can't put a cop in jail, but he needs to be off this case. It will not happen, but it is very clear that he has some prejudices - that work in DP's favor not just legally.

No, I think it was about Patton mentioning the request for an order of protection, right after the judge said it was not to be discussed in front of the jury.

Just cathing up on what happened today. Geeze, Louise! The question wasn't even answered! Contempt citation for Ms. Patton, her major mess up, strike the question and move on.

The last time Buirmila pulled an over-nighter on a major decision, he seemed to have calmed down and made a valid decision.

IMHO, the DT is really pushing for that mis-trial with prejudice. I don't think they want this case to ever get to the jury.

That is exactly what I was thinking. He seemed so angry last time as well, then he seemed to calm down and make a decision on the remedy and they all moved on. Hopefully he will do the same tonight. Have a martini or two, get his wife to give him a back rub and a hot bath, and he can reevaluate in the morning.

:steamed::chillpill: :drink: :bath: :cloud9: :scale::gavel:

I wish the FBI would investigate Burmila, the whole Will County LE system and the handling of Robin Abrams, Riley Fox, Kathleen Savio, and Stacy Peterson cases. They just may be able to find their "Deep Throat" to give them some pointers - especially if pensions are threatened.

Grand Jury hears enough against these scum killers to send them to trial - then, because they have more rights than their dead victims, what the grand jury heard to warrant a trial is not allowed.:maddening:

It seems some judges are more concerned with a mistrial being on their record than an obviously guilty person being convicted. Trials are just a game to some, not right or wrong - just who can outsmart the system. The victim and their loved ones justice be damned - let alone a guilty person not paying for their crime.

Sorry, I am so upset with this trial, no professionalism on anyone's part. In the meantime, DP and his swarmy crew may just get what they want - not what is deserved.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member