GUILTY Dubai - Ibolya Ryan, 47, US teacher, stabbed to death, Abu Dhabi, 1 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can you imagine if our police departments produced videos like this of an arrest?The defense would be loosing their minds.Who leaves all that evidence laid out so nice and neat in their home?Something about this is not right.Video productions must be popular in the middle east,not that the UAE are terrorist but the ISIS videos look like Hollywood.
Good they caught this person and prayers for the teachers family.I hope we find out the real story.

The soundtrack was from the movie "The Dark Knight." I had read that it was used locally even when they just showed the first part of the video, before the capture.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...u-s-teacher-s-murder-as-terrorist-attack.html

A few days before the stabbing and bomb-planting, Abu Dhabi’s Criminal Investigation Department said the doctor reported a black-clad woman, matching the description of the suspect in the mall stabbing, arrived at the house but left before the doctor and his wife could identify her. The CID speculated that the woman was confirming who lived there before planting a homemade nail bomb.

Abu Dhabi police do not believe the suspect was acting alone.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...t-stabbing-american-teacher/story?id=27359238

The suspect was identified as Dalal al Hashemi, a 38 year-old UAE citizen of Yemeni origin, police said. She was arrested today in connection with the teacher's murder and is also accused of planting a bomb in front of an Egyptian-American doctor's home.

snip

Abu Dhabi police also released video showing what they claimed was a bomb at the home of an Egyptian American doctor, who was identified only the initials M.H. and his age, 46.

https://time.com/3618155/abu-dhabi-american-murdered/

There are more than 30,000 Americans living in the UAE. Most live in Dubai but several thousand live in Abu Dhabi.

“I thought Abu Dhabi was a safe place but I’m seeing more extremism in passing comments and in the way that people are even covering up on a daily basis,” says Robyn Albers, an expatriate who has lived in the UAE for nine years.

I rewatched the video and noticed that the white vehicle parked in front of the suspects house has a UAE flag on the hood, so this might be common thing to do?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/04/us-teachers-killed-abu-dhabi

A YouTube video with dramatic background music released by the police showed the suspect’s SUV pulling up in front of a building near the corniche with its license plate covered by a UAE flag. A day before the attacks, the UAE had celebrated 43 years of its union, and many cars were decorated with flags and pictures of the royal family.

Is it common for devout women wearing a full abaya and niqab to drive themselves around the city alone in UAE? Is it common to wear full gloves with the niqab? Why grab a newspaper on the way in and wait an hour and a half in the washroom? I assume the perp would have removed the gloves while thumbing through the newspaper? Were they able to get prints from that? Something just doesn't feel right here. A crime perpetrated and solved in less than 48 hours complete with slick videos and sound effects hmmm.

Article from 2011
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/police-make-four-arrests-using-surveillance-cameras

"There is no point in fleeing the scene of a crime or accident as there is an extensive smart surveillance system in place to monitor the roads," Maj Al Amri said.

As much as 90 per cent of Abu Dhabi island is expected to be within range of security cameras by September 2011.

Abu Dhabi Municipality already has 153 CCTV cameras in the city centre, with 83 at junctions feeding live footage to traffic and police authorities. Plans to ensure every junction is covered by cameras have been in the works for some time.

Is it common for devout women wearing a full abaya and niqab to drive themselves around the city alone in UAE? Is it common to wear full gloves with the niqab? Why grab a newspaper on the way in and wait an hour and a half in the washroom? I assume the perp would have removed the gloves while thumbing through the newspaper? Were they able to get prints from that? Something just doesn't feel right here. A crime perpetrated and solved in less than 48 hours complete with slick videos and sound effects hmmm.

One article said the newspaper was used to hide the knife. Probably just speculation.

Having lived in the UAE and with a spouse that still makes a living there - it is common for an Emerati woman to drive herself around - even encouraged although they would usually travel in a group of 3 or more.

Gloves are common but not always present.

Emerati women are also encouraged to be working moms. This and driving is unlike the neighboring countries.

Can't help but be very wary of the video - especially the short interaction when the garbed 'woman' exits the elevator and speaks to an East Indian guard - that would be most unusual for an Emerati woman in the UAE unless she needed directions. The interaction seems far to short for that - this is why they usually travel in a group and in familiar surroundings. Imo, since this interaction takes place at the bottom corner of the video - did they think they were out of range of the camera?

The doors to the mall are open just as this garbed 'woman' needs to escape - the doors are designed to swing both ways and can be left open, but usually this is not the case. One could argue the time of year though - it is very comfortable there at the moment.

My heart goes out to the murdered American mom of twins - the location of this crime is extremely bizarre.

Did anyone notice in the video of the vehicle, besides knives and stuff that looks like it could be chemicals for bombs, there were also everyday cooking utensils like spatulas for turning food in trays and pans etc? WTH is that about?

I just viewed the extended video. The whole video, IMO, is bizarre. The whole thing almost looks to me like some fake re-creation. First weird thing.......when the perp goes to get back onto the elevator, why did the lady with the white top ?try to stop her or did it just look like that? How would anyone have known, just from looking at her standing at the elevator doors, that she'd just done something bad? - she obviously left the knife in the bathroom.

The blood on the bathroom floor, all down in front of the stalls, it looks "off" to me. The blood droplets are extremely uniform and consistent all the way down that path.............too much so. And you'd expect to see footprints mixed in there would you not?...footprints that would have been intermingled with the droplets? And if someone is stabbled, wouldn't the blood be dripping downward on their body, with gravity, and then most of it absorbed by their clothing such that you wouldn't see such a long path of good sized uniformly distributed droplets? If someone sustained an arterial bleed, you'd see blood spray vertically. Plus the yellow markers you see...........what are they marking? And why wouldn't there be blood on the knife handle if we see blood on the getaway vehicle's steering wheel? And the bright red blood on the knife blade doesn't look legit to me. It has drops of blood on it. Something just really 'off.'

The music is creepy and bizarre. Is this usual for them to add music to crime scene videos?

And did whoever filmed this just happen to be 'there' to get it all? Seems a bit too convenient to me.

Then the raid of the home................so many different shots/angles of the police, did they have a freaking film crew there or what? Video of the cops going into the house, video showing the cops going up the ladder, etc etc. Who are all of these people filming all of these different areas of the home and of the police in various locations within/around the home? And who is it that's following the getaway vehicle and just happens to have a video camera to be able to record the back of it driving with the upside down flag on the back?

Oh yeah, and the perp lady, talking to the guards. Something off with that. I would think that if you're about to kill someone in a public place that you're not going to do anything that's going to draw attention to yourself or cause anything you do or say to 'stick in the mind' of someone who was there, who could be a witness.

the whole thing looks like some kind of strange propaganda video.

I just viewed the extended video. The whole video, IMO, is bizarre. The whole thing almost looks to me like some fake re-creation. First weird thing.......when the perp goes to get back onto the elevator, why did the lady with the white top ?try to stop her or did it just look like that? How would anyone have known, just from looking at her standing at the elevator doors, that she'd just done something bad? - she obviously left the knife in the bathroom.

The blood on the bathroom floor, all down in front of the stalls, it looks "off" to me. The blood droplets are extremely uniform and consistent all the way down that path.............too much so. And you'd expect to see footprints mixed in there would you not?...footprints that would have been intermingled with the droplets? And if someone is stabbled, wouldn't the blood be dripping downward on their body, with gravity, and then most of it absorbed by their clothing such that you wouldn't see such a long path of good sized uniformly distributed droplets? If someone sustained an arterial bleed, you'd see blood spray vertically. Plus the yellow markers you see...........what are they marking? And why wouldn't there be blood on the knife handle if we see blood on the getaway vehicle's steering wheel? And the bright red blood on the knife blade doesn't look legit to me. It has drops of blood on it. Something just really 'off.'

The music is creepy and bizarre. Is this usual for them to add music to crime scene videos?

And did whoever filmed this just happen to be 'there' to get it all? Seems a bit too convenient to me.

Then the raid of the home................so many different shots/angles of the police, did they have a freaking film crew there or what? Video of the cops going into the house, video showing the cops going up the ladder, etc etc. Who are all of these people filming all of these different areas of the home and of the police in various locations within/around the home? And who is it that's following the getaway vehicle and just happens to have a video camera to be able to record the back of it driving with the upside down flag on the back?

Oh yeah, and the perp lady, talking to the guards. Something off with that. I would think that if you're about to kill someone in a public place that you're not going to do anything that's going to draw attention to yourself or cause anything you do or say to 'stick in the mind' of someone who was there, who could be a witness.

the whole thing looks like some kind of strange propaganda video.

I agree with everything you said. However, how do we explain the dead American woman? Obviously she was killed and the woman in the Burka was there on surveillance camera. So ? It is odd, but ?

I think they solved the crime and then did a 'promotional' video patting themselves son the back maybe? They need the tourists to keep coming back, imo.

Is it possible the crime scene photos are a re-enactment?Maybe for legal reasons they can not show actual evidence in such a production.I feel they have watched too many CSI shows.

I agree with everything you said. However, how do we explain the dead American woman? Obviously she was killed and the woman in the Burka was there on surveillance camera. So ? It is odd, but ?

I think they solved the crime and then did a 'promotional' video patting themselves son the back maybe? They need the tourists to keep coming back, imo.

Imo, this would be an accurate assessment overall. The only thing I would put in the neutral zone - is this the actual surveillance video prior to and immediately following the crime? Jmo.

Imo, this would be an accurate assessment overall. The only thing I would put in the neutral zone - is this the actual surveillance video prior to and immediately following the crime? Jmo.

Good question.

Family of American teacher stabbed to death inside Abu Dhabi mall are 'devastated and traumatised' over brutal murder of mother-of-three

"Today, harrowing new details of Mrs Ryan's final moments also emerged."

"The teacher was first approached in the toilet by the Yemeni suspect who was wearing a burqa and pretended to be an elderly woman."

"During their brief conversation - which the attacker used to decipher her victim's nationality - she asked for assistance using a disabled toilet."

"A security guard at the mall said that the attacker then turned on her target, stabbing her repeatedly with a large knife."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ase-operations-terror-plan.html#ixzz3L9vUZiks

"Mrs Ryan’s killer may face the death penalty in the country if found guilty of her murder, however national laws allow the family of the victim to issue a pardon."

"The teacher’s former husband said that he had still not made up his mind about whether he would do this.
‘I can’t believe I have the power to pardon. That is shocking to me. I don’t even want that responsibility. But we’ll have to wait and see,’ he told CNN."

"Sheikh Saif added that the woman targeted her victims based solely on their nationality and did not know either of them."

"He said she 'aimed to create chaos, shake the security in the country and terrorize people in the UAE' - although investigations are still continuing into her exact motive."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ase-operations-terror-plan.html#ixzz3L9xzy0XJ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back