Dumpster Search k-9's hit on- Revisited

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't posted on WS for months but after watching NG tonight covering the Somer Thompson case I had an odd feeling . I map quested the locations from Haleigh's home to Somer's home in Orange Park , it's 50.5 miles . Up until now I believed Misty was most likely involved in some way . I just can't help but think it's strange that 2 little girls about the same age go missing from the same area in so little time . The other thing that's drawing me in that direction is the dumpster hits in the Haleigh case and little Somer's body being found in a landfill .

Am I out to lunch or is this a possibility ?

I haven't posted on WS for months but after watching NG tonight covering the Somer Thompson case I had an odd feeling . I map quested the locations from Haleigh's home to Somer's home in Orange Park , it's 50.5 miles . Up until now I believed Misty was most likely involved in some way . I just can't help but think it's strange that 2 little girls about the same age go missing from the same area in so little time . The other thing that's drawing me in that direction is the dumpster hits in the Haleigh case and little Somer's body being found in a landfill .

Am I out to lunch or is this a possibility ?

It might be a coincidence. Lots of kids seem to go missing and/or get killed in Florida.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...act=usMapSearch&missState=FL&searchLang=en_US

But maybe it's best to rule nothing out as a possibility until the perps are caught. LE did say that they don't think it's a stranger abduction and I believe they must have some evidence to point that way but perhaps they're wrong. This possibility may be way out there but if whoever killed Somer wasn't a stranger to Haleigh LE could still be correct and the cases connected.

The dumpster hit might easily be a coincidence because unrelated criminals often dump bodies in dumpsters. Back when the dumpster was searched someone said that cadaver dogs hit on most dumpsters. I don't know if it's true but I remember because the thought was so chilling.

It might be a coincidence. Lots of kids seem to go missing and/or get killed in Florida.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...act=usMapSearch&missState=FL&searchLang=en_US

But maybe it's best to rule nothing out as a possibility until the perps are caught. LE did say that they don't think it's a stranger abduction and I believe they must have some evidence to point that way but perhaps they're wrong. This possibility may be way out there but if whoever killed Somer wasn't a stranger to Haleigh LE could still be correct and the cases connected.

The dumpster hit might easily be a coincidence because unrelated criminals often dump bodies in dumpsters. Back when the dumpster was searched someone said that cadaver dogs hit on most dumpsters. I don't know if it's true but I remember because the thought was so chilling.
IMO, just because LE says it's not a stranger abduction doesn't mean it wasn't. There is room for error in a LE theory. I have been leaning toward family abduction in Haleigh's case, mostly because there has been no body found, but also I would like her to be alive. But when Somer was found in a landfill and knowing the 3 dogs hit on a dumpster in Haleigh's neighborhood, it made me sick to my stomach. I think it is a very strong possibility that there is a sexual predator/serial killer loose in Fla. LE is very leery of saying this might be the case, in any city, because it causes widespread panic. But it does seem entirely plausible to me.
IMO.

IMO, just because LE says it's not a stranger abduction doesn't mean it wasn't. There is room for error in a LE theory. I have been leaning toward family abduction in Haleigh's case, mostly because there has been no body found, but also I would like her to be alive. But when Somer was found in a landfill and knowing the 3 dogs hit on a dumpster in Haleigh's neighborhood, it made me sick to my stomach. I think it is a very strong possibility that there is a sexual predator/serial killer loose in Fla. LE is very leery of saying this might be the case, in any city, because it causes widespread panic. But it does seem entirely plausible to me.
IMO.

Curve, it could be possible. If a serial killer, then we have to examine whether the modus is getting better or sloppier. In one instance, we could say sloppier, because Haleigh wasn't found, and Somer was. But then we look at technique, and Haleigh was sloppy...so many risks involved in snatching a child in the manner Haleigh disappeared (according to the current story thrust out from Misty et al). Somer was an opportunistic grab; the perp couldn't know she'd get into a fight with the other kids and run off. She was taken from wherever she ran off to, and the perp grabbed her from there.

Serial killers keep to MO...they have patterns, because patterns work for them. They kill in specific ways because they're driven by a necessity to fill a need. One could say disposal of the child is the pattern. But then we have to look at acquisition, as well. We have no knowledge of how Haleigh may have been taken by a perp (in this scenario) but no evidence was found.

(p.s., since the heat in a landfill can become very very high, the possibility of finding anything of Haleigh in one would be nearly impossible. Not a pleasant thought, but it is realistic if one wants to consider a landfill search.)

Having found Somer, LE will have a better idea of what happened. I will not be surprised if they discover that her wounds are minimal but were enough to cause her death, and the perp panicked and hid her in the dumpster.

Because of all the discrepancies between the two cases, I have dismissed the possibility of a serial child killer......for now.

The thing about searching through grabage with a dog....dogs hit on any & all human remains. Like a used sanitary nampkin for instance.

IMO.

There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of this :http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/off...personId=54368

sexual predator. His whereabouts are still unknown and it is disturbing to read and do research and discover that this predator was previously convicted in Putnam County and his modus operandi involved breaking into a mobile home to molest his victim under the age of 12.

The sad reality is that with all the other "dramatic" developments in this case, any predator has had an over abundance of time to cover any tracks or clues possibly left behind.

IMO.

I think we can count on several sexual predators and killers being loose in Fla.

I think we can count on several sexual predators and killers being loose in Fla.
Really, several sexual predator/serial killers? Do you think it is ones that have already been established as SO's?

The thing about searching through grabage with a dog....dogs hit on any & all human remains. Like a used sanitary nampkin for instance.
I tried googling that yesterday, about cadaver dogs and sanitary napkins and I didn't come up with anything. Although I can see it as being a possibilty.

Really, several sexual predator/serial killers? Do you think it is ones that have already been established as SO's?

Dunno, some may be registered, some unregistered. Hopefully serial killers are rare but looking at all the cold cases there have got to be some predators who have got away with it.

There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of this :http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/off...personId=54368

sexual predator. His whereabouts are still unknown and it is disturbing to read and do research and discover that this predator was previously convicted in Putnam County and his modus operandi involved breaking into a mobile home to molest his victim under the age of 12.

The sad reality is that with all the other "dramatic" developments in this case, any predator has had an over abundance of time to cover any tracks or clues possibly left behind.

ELLE1919: Are you referring to Chad Reynolds?

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=54368

Every ounce of me believes he's involved...directly.

If cadaver dogs hit on sanitary napkins, they would be stopping at every trash can in the neighborhood. I am not believing this one.

If you ask me what happened, I am going to say that one of the handlers mis-used a cadaver scenting sample.. Find out who left their duffle bag of goodies which contained the sample at the dumpster or who disposed of it in the dumpster. And, I think LE knew this and that is why we see a search but not one we would expect with a true hit.

They had to look to be sure, but already knew it was a flub-up by a handler.

JMHO of course.

If cadaver dogs hit on sanitary napkins, they would be stopping at every trash can in the neighborhood. I am not believing this one.

If you ask me what happened, I am going to say that one of the handlers mis-used a cadaver scenting sample.. Find out who left their duffle bag of goodies which contained the sample at the dumpster or who disposed of it in the dumpster. And, I think LE knew this and that is why we see a search but not one we would expect with a true hit.

They had to look to be sure, but already knew it was a flub-up by a handler.

JMHO of course.

I'm reading, following and agreeing. Lost on the "duffle bag of goodies" and who are you thinking may have left it? LE, the perp, the dogs handler, family? I couldn't get that part. TIA nice post Darlin

ELLE1919: Are you referring to Chad Reynolds?

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=54368

Every ounce of me believes he's involved...directly.

Hi Beatrice, so sorry I missed you earlier. Weekend hours = family for the most part around my house so I spend a lot of time during the week doing research and sleuthing. To answer your question, yes, the RSO that I referred to is the person that you linked as well. CR does not have an active thread in Haleigh's forum. There is a closed thread here:Reynolds, Chad Eugene *RSO* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I have never stopped researching this RSO because of the simple fact that HE HAS NEVER BEEN FOUND. He has a direct link to Satsuma and the investigators assigned to Haleighs case were notified by officials in the town where he was required to register, and where he lived with his mother, that he was MIA. As recent as 9/29 I posted a question and reminder here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Q & A ABOUT THE CASE**ask a question, leave an answer**NO DISCUSSION**

This RSO is constantly on my mind and while PCSO continues to push the idea that Misty has answers in this case that they want, I can't rule out the chance that she very well could have left the trailer that night and left the children alone. Even if only for a short period of time. Also, a scenario that Misty left and took the children with her, or even perhaps left the children in someone else's care at another place hasn't been ruled out. Months ago it was easier to bring up the conversation of CR and sleuth out possible scenario's or a possible link to him and this case. But, IN MY OPINION, people have no wish to explore an avenue unless it involves Ronald Cummings and Teresa Neves responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. I said that's my opinion, but I just can't understand what harm there would be in discussing this RSO and sleuthing him out. Personally I want the darn truth. And I would be willing to go to any lengths to find it. Even if that means drawing a connection to RC and TN. But rather than looking and investigating Haleigh's disappearance we have been following a soap opera with a revolving cast of characters. JMO.

This was my long way of agreeing with you about CR. lol.

I live in Florida. One day in February I was buying cigs at the local gas station. A young man came flying in the back door asking where a certain town was. All he was wearing was a pair of shorts. (it was cold out)

I realized that I recognized him. But couldn't pin point it.
He said he drove 3 hours on the Interstate from Gainesville. All he had for his destination was the town name & a fast food restaurant. I told him I found this unusual to drive so far with no address/cross streets. He turned & left quickly. I should've gone outside to see his vehicle & who was in it. I didn't. Something told me it wasn't safe.

A couple of days later, the MySpace/personal photos of Chad Reynolds were online...I believe it was him.

I live in Florida. One day in February I was buying cigs at the local gas station. A young man came flying in the back door asking where a certain town was. All he was wearing was a pair of shorts. (it was cold out)

I realized that I recognized him. But couldn't pin point it.
He said he drove 3 hours on the Interstate from Gainesville. All he had for his destination was the town name & a fast food restaurant. I told him I found this unusual to drive so far with no address/cross streets. He turned & left quickly. I should've gone outside to see his vehicle & who was in it. I didn't. Something told me it wasn't safe.

A couple of days later, the MySpace/personal photos of Chad Reynolds were online...I believe it was him.

very interesting Beatrice, great post. What do you mean exactly by "couldn't pin point it"? So you think it was this Chad dude? What city and address was he specifically inquiring about? I'm nosy, sorry.

I couldn't figure WHERE I knew him from...His booking photo is quite dark. This young man matched the MySpace/personal photos to a tee! Plus all the info he provided. CR has relatives/friends in this area. Also, remember Ronald driving 3+ hours to get a tattoo? Well, that's Pinellas Park/St. Pete where Chad also has relatives.

This nervous, sweating young man in the gas station had a "tattoo" on his right bicep. What it looked like was if a child had scribbled on his arm with a pen.

I couldn't figure WHERE I knew him from...His booking photo is quite dark. This young man matched the MySpace/personal photos to a tee! Plus all the info he provided. CR has relatives/friends in this area. Also, remember Ronald driving 3+ hours to get a tattoo? Well, that's Pinellas Park/St. Pete where Chad also has relatives.

This nervous, sweating young man in the gas station had a "tattoo" on his right bicep. What it looked like was if a child had scribbled on his arm with a pen.

I search every data base I can find in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee and Florida for Mr. Reynolds at least once a week. I also google for news stories about missing children or attempted break-ins to mobile homes once a day. I want to know where this guy is so I could say without a doubt once and for all that he was not involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

Interesting. Did you report it?

Interesting. Did you report it?

Yes, but because I had no vehicle description, they couldn't do much.
I explained Chad had friends/relatives in this area (Pasco/Pinellas county)

I even called his mother..I found her to be very "confused"

I always wondered why Ronald & Misty drove 3 hours to Pinellas Park
for a tattoo.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member