Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE is putting the squeeze on Mark, things are heating up. IMO

UNM bone expert comments on Dylan Redwine investigation
Dr. Heather Edgar draws conclusions from similar cases
UPDATED 8:08 AM MDT Jul 03, 2013

<snip>
Quote:
Edgar thinks it is very likely that wherever Dylan's remains were found was not the location where he was killed.

Frankly, it would have been difficult to stand, let alone kill someone, where the remains were found. Unfortunately, the killer chose an excellent location from the point of view of making it difficult to recover the body. The picture I posted earlier is from the search, but the actual location of the remains appeared to be even steeper (based on a video I saw earlier but haven't re-found since). I wonder if the killer even left the road, or just let the body fall.

IMO
If someone wanted to make it look like Dylan walked away they could remove his shoes and if too tight for their feet remove laces and slip them on. Walk to the end of the driveway leaving prints like Dylan walked away or met a car at the end of the drive. If they harmed Dan they could then drive him to a remote place to leave his body. Toss the shoelaces but dispose of the shoes elsewhere. Just leaving tracks around (maybe even where his body was left) to try and fool forensics if they found foot prints.

With the mountainside being so steep, and with snow and run off down the side of the mountain, I doubt very seriously that any of the bones were found anywhere near when he started out. Between animal activity and the elements, it would be hard to pin down where he was originally placed. (I hate typing that.)

Just a thought, if MR had a visual of Dylan's location from his house, would he be able to also see the search teams alongside the mountain or wherever the exact location was? This way he could also keep an eye on and know if searchers were getting close.

gitana1
Thx for all your analysis & input here on the DR threads, esp you 17 pt list of factors pointing toward a MR as a suspect.

re your post 124, on Mon July 1, (Below, S...BM & BBM)
"To me, everything together indicates they have a prime suspect, ...
And if he did it, I hope he does the right thing by letting it go and confessing. ...
if he is involved, he needs to do this not just for everyone who loved Dylan, not just for justice, but also for himself. Otherwise, all his years as a father, all his years fighting for Dylan will be meaningless."

In some other cases in which a parent has been suspected, arrested, and/or convicted of killing their own child, the suspect/perp parent had engaged in long, ugly custody fights. Why?

Not because relevant, material, reliable, objective evd that parent offered showed the other parent posed danger to the child, or was a 'lesser' parent, etc.

It was because, based on flimsy or no corroboration, the suspect/perp parent hurled nasty accusations at the other parent, and wanted to "win" custody of the child to "show the other parent." Or to "show the world."

Although I have not read much about their divorce and custody fight, if ugly and protracted, I don't forsee MR confessing, at least not before conviction of a crime re Dylan's death (if that were to happen).

Maybe MR's confession would give meaning to MR's custody fight for Dylan. IDK.

RIP Dylan. Sending healing thoughts for his family & friends.

Frankly, it would have been difficult to stand, let alone kill someone, where the remains were found. Unfortunately, the killer chose an excellent location from the point of view of making it difficult to recover the body. The picture I posted earlier is from the search, but the actual location of the remains appeared to be even steeper (based on a video I saw earlier but haven't re-found since). I wonder if the killer even left the road, or just let the body fall.

Hi Mitsana!

Are you looking for the video with the drain pipe? I have a screenshot. The video is from CBS4 Denver. I have been unable to locate the video on their website.

ETA - I found the video with the drain pipe, link below.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9041384-dylan-redwines-father-says-hes-been-accused-in-teens-death/

Hi Mitsana!

Are you looking for the video with the drain pipe? I have a screenshot. The video is from CBS4 Denver. I have been unable to locate the video on their website.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/9041384-dylan-redwines-father-says-hes-been-accused-in-teens-death/

And from the looks of it, the site shown in that vid is NOT near the edge of the road. One would have had to walk a ways to get there. I, too, thought dumping off the side of the road at first but that's not what I am thinking now.

Is it just me or does it sound like he went to the lawyers as an alibi?

Dylan planned to spend time with his father and friends when he arrived for his court-ordered visit and obviously Dylan can’t vanish when he is in their company so leaving Dylan alone Monday to run errands was the only time Dylan could “disappear” while he was with Mark.

LE confirmed that MR visited his employer's office before he went to see his lawyer first thing Monday morning but what they haven’t said is whether these visits were absolutely necessary.

We know the papers had already been filed by the lawyer so Mark did not have to go in and sign papers on Monday in order to meet a deadline and tmk, most payroll issues can be handled over the phone.

If Mark didn’t have errands to run Monday morning, he would have been home to drive Dylan to Bayfield whenever Dylan was ready to go and there would have been no reason for Mark to leave Dylan alone but because Mark was out running errands, he can claim he doesn’t know what happened to Dylan.

MOO

We had discussed earlier how knowing people personally with certain types of personalities can provide insight into cases like these (I had mentioned that MR reminds me of my ex bf).

I just wanted to reiterate this, that knowing someone, watching someone, listening to someone and studying someone with certain personality types is very educational. Each person is different, but certain behaviors, etc can definitely be looked at collectively as being indicative of certain potentialities (for example, the capacity to abuse, etc.)...I'm not sure how much other member's "WS type stuff" extends out there in the "real world", but for me it does extend out into reality beyond cyberworld (in scary ways sometimes, wish I could elaborate further :().

Anyway, what I'm getting at is last night I had to make myself suffer the misfortune of having to sit through a conversation with a narcissist (that's putting it midly) in an effort to better "understand" a certain situation(s). I was scared and amazed listening to someone knowing that they really believe the things that come out of their mouth, the justifications...the thought processes...ugh, hard to explain...I guess what I'm saying is if one has ever known a narcissit, abuser, or whatever it is personally, then that can make one more adept at identifying others as having possible similar personality types / behavior potentials, IMO JMO.

Hi Mitsana!

Thanks for the video, I hadn't seen that. The one I saw actually had searchers roped for rappelling down a very steep slope, I think just off the side of the road. The searchers may had had to rappel to get down to that area though.

Dylan planned to spend time with his father and friends when he arrived for his court-ordered visit and obviously Dylan can&#8217;t vanish when he is in their company so leaving Dylan alone Monday to run errands was the only time Dylan could &#8220;disappear&#8221; while he was with Mark.

LE confirmed that MR visited his employer's office before he went to see his lawyer first thing Monday morning but what they haven&#8217;t said is whether these visits were absolutely necessary.

We know the papers had already been filed by the lawyer so Mark did not have to go in and sign papers on Monday in order to meet a deadline and tmk, most payroll issues can be handled over the phone.

If Mark didn&#8217;t have errands to run Monday morning, he would have been home to drive Dylan to Bayfield whenever Dylan was ready to go and there would have been no reason for Mark to leave Dylan alone but because Mark was out running errands, he can claim he doesn&#8217;t know what happened to Dylan.

MOO

Bingo. IMO now and always has been Dylan never made it to Marks home.

Bingo. IMO now and always has been Dylan never made it to Marks home.

LE confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark's house though. I think the swabs taken in the home will turn out to be significant. :moo:

But have they REALLY confirmed it?

From the press report:

"Investigators confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark’s home on Sunday at about 8:00 PM after stops at Wal-Mart and McDonald’s in Durango."

So, unless they are intentionally deceiving the public, yes. And the presser seems to be confirming the time as well (which is why I thought it must have been due to network activity at MR's house).

From the press report:

"Investigators confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark’s home on Sunday at about 8:00 PM after stops at Wal-Mart and McDonald’s in Durango."

So, unless they are intentionally deceiving the public, yes. And the presser seems to be confirming the time as well (which is why I thought it must have been due to network activity at MR's house).

Must've been driving quite fast. Locals say getting from McD's at 7:22 to 2343 CR 500 at 8:00 PM is quicker than normal. As I recall, texts to R end at 8:01.

Maybe the LE thinks Dylan was there at MR house cause the phone iPod pings, but maybe Dylan's things were there without him

Maybe the LE thinks Dylan was there at MR house cause the phone iPod pings, but maybe Dylan's things were there without him

At this point, I'd want skill cells from Dylan on a pillowcase, fingerprints on the DVD player, fingerprints in bathroom etc.

But have they REALLY confirmed it?

Not imo so I'm not convinced that Dylan made it to his father's house.:fence:

And don't forget, MR's behavior Sunday evening was quite bizarre. He said he was pacing the floor and couldn't concentrate on the movie, and he ran upstairs to bed around 10 o'clock.

Not imo so I'm not convinced that Dylan made it to his father's house.:fence:

And don't forget, MR's behavior Sunday evening was quite bizarre. He said he was pacing the floor and couldn't concentrate on the movie, and he ran upstairs to bed around 10 o'clock.

For those who think that Dylan never made it to MR's house, do you think MR planned to murder him or do you think he struck Dylan in anger and accidentally killed him? I think it would be difficult to do the latter in a car; it just seems more likely to me to happen at a house where there's more room to swing and the victim isn't sitting in a seat with a headrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto