Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

It is confusing, but that statement is not correct, imo. You don't have to drive all the way around to access Middle Mt. area. That is just ONE WAY you can access it. But there is a direct way right from Mark's house, up to the gate at Middle Mountain.

I'm sorry , I'm looking for this other way you mentioned and I'm very poor with maps. Are you talking about the road just north of the lake with the Eagles Nest Cabins on it ? TIA

This just in - I just posted it in the forensics thread but am bringing it here for those that don't want to look in that thread:

From Twitter:

Melissa Blasius ‏@MelissaBlasius 3m
La Plata County Coroner: Dylan Redwine's cause of death will likely be "undertermined" based on lack of remains found. #DylanRedwine #9News

This just in - I just posted it in the forensics thread but am bringing it here for those that don't want to look in that thread:

From Twitter:

La Plata County Coroner: Dylan Redwine's cause of death will likely be "undertermined" based on lack of remains found. #DylanRedwine #9News

So whoever did this is relieved at the moment :facepalm:

From Twitter:

So if they made an arrest, how would a prosecution even go forward with no COD ?

I was looking at the list of items taken during the search of MR's home earlier (and lost the post so sorry I am not quoting it- think it was before this new thread began.) There were swabs taken in the common areas like the sofa and I am wondering why no swabs were taken in his bedroom? If he did in fact sleep in his room that night, then why would sitting spaces be swabbed and not his bed? No bedding removed... Or did Dylan not have a bedroom/ did he sleep on the sofa? Why would they swab the sofa in the first place? Did something seem suspicious? And there were phones and ipods taken during the search. Who owned the phones and ipods? I can't imagine a teenager packing up all of his stuff and leaving behind music...

So they know for a fact Dylan was murdered but have no Cause of death . So they must know something big or the way the body was found that points to murder .

:cow:

Question by me - what happened to Mark blaming Elaine?

Dylan Redwine Update: Mother of Colo. boy, 13, found dead, points finger at dad, report says

Investigators in La Plata County are working to determine how Dylan's remains ended up 10 miles from his father's home. They reportedly met with Mark Redwine on Friday although it is unclear what was discussed. According to the station, he says authorities have asked him to retrace the case facts with them on Tuesday.

Mark Redwine had maintained that he had nothing to do with his son's disappearance and offers his own theory on what happened.

"I've always believed that one of two things happened. When he walked out the front door he set out for a destination and never made it. Or I've always thought a vehicle pulled up in front of my house and he knew who it was and he got into a vehicle with somebody," Mark Redwine told the station.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-found-dead-points-finger-at-dad-report-says/

From Twitter:

I am even more confused- They could determine from his remains that it was NOT caused by an animal... but can't determine the COD? How does that make sense, please explain? And couldn't cadaver dogs be used to try and find more of his remains, which could help determine COD?

So they know for a fact Dylan was murdered but have no Cause of death . So they must know something big or the way the body was found that points to murder .

I believe LE said they are declaring it a homicide because there is no reason for Dylan to have gone that way on his own.

Just like they declared that he was not a runaway because too much time had passed with no contact.

They were right the first time and I'm 100% certain they are right now. But it doesn't seem like positive evidence is how they are making their determinations, rather they are looking at all the circumstances to decide.

IMO

I'm hoping LE has a red herring or two up their sleeve !

I'm sorry , I'm looking for this other way you mentioned and I'm very poor with maps. Are you talking about the road just north of the lake with the Eagles Nest Cabins on it ? TIA

If you go to this article:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ay-to-remember-missing-teenager-dylan-redwine

And click, then scroll to the bottom, there is a google map. It shows where marks house is and where Middle Mt. road is, in relation to each other.

I believe that Mark had to drive about 5 miles to the lake, near Tristan's house, to get onto Middle Mt Rd and then go North to the gate.

I'm hoping LE has a red herring or two up their sleeve !

I'm watching to see if MB will do a full story on whatever the coroner is saying - I also sent her a message on Twitter asking if she has one planned today.

The problem I have with Dylan grabbing a ride off somebody that pulled up the house is

A. He had time to watch tv and eat breakfast and so most kids (IMO) would get out there phone and text there friends or go on Facebook or twitter as he by the sounds of it was in no rush

B. if he had grabbed a lift to his friends house why did he take all his belonging that he brought for this trip with him , why had he not taken some things of his bag by this point ??

C . If somebody picked him up then I would of thought he would of texted his dad to explain he did not need to rush back as he had got a lift . From all accounts Dylan was a peace keeper so why would he of worried his dad without letting him know about the ride ?

D. Its a very rual area so if there was a car up there and its one way in and one out why has nobody in that vicinity ever come forward and said they saw a random car ?!

I believe LE said they are declaring it a homicide because there is no reason for Dylan to have gone that way on his own.

Just like they declared that he was not a runaway because too much time had passed with no contact.

They were right the first time and I'm 100% certain they are right now. But it doesn't seem like positive evidence is how they are making their determinations, rather they are looking at all the circumstances to decide.

IMO

WARNING, UNPLEASANT IDEAS

BBM*
Hate to say this out loud, so forgive me - but if for instance there was a physical piece of evidence found near the remains (a shoestring, a tarp, a knife i.e.), wouldn't this also point to a homocide? Or, if the body had been intentionally dismembered after death and before it was left in the woods and there was evidence to show this, but not enough to conclude COD?

The problem I have with Dylan grabbing a ride off somebody that pulled up the house is

A. He had time to watch tv and eat breakfast and so most kids (IMO) would get out there phone and text there friends or go on Facebook or twitter as he by the sounds of it was in no rush

B. if he had grabbed a lift to his friends house why did he take all his belonging that he brought for this trip with him , why had he not taken some things of his bag by this point ??

C . If somebody picked him up then I would of thought he would of texted his dad to explain he did not need to rush back as he had got a lift . From all accounts Dylan was a peace keeper so why would he of worried his dad without letting him know about the ride ?

D. Its a very rual area so if there was a car up there and its one way in and one out why has nobody in that vicinity ever come forward and said they saw a random car ?!

I agree.

Also, if Mark 'always' thought a local friend or acquaintance had pulled up to the door and picked up his son, then WHY was he having posters made for distribution in Germany, Australia and Mexico? Why was he telling everyone to stop searching the local area and wanting everyone to focus on his Super Tour
of the Southern states?

And why was he pointing the finger of blame at those in Colorado Springs?

The new story....

http://www.9news.com/news/article/343074/222/Redwine-death-will-likely-remain-undetermined

KUSA - The La Plata County coroner says it is unlikely a cause of death will be determined in the Dylan Redwine case. Coroner Jann Smith says she will probably have to rule the cause and manner of death as "undetermined."

The remains of Dylan are still at a Colorado Bureau of Investigations lab, and they may be examined by both the coroner and an anthropologist before an autopsy report is completed.

I am even more sad and disheartened. I hated to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June