Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure why LE finding Dylan's remains would make Mark feel more comfortable. Does he think LE has done all the testing and hasn't found anything to link him to Dylan's murder? Does he think that all murderers are arrested as soon as their victim's bodies are found? I really think he is making his comments to taunt Elaine.

Here's the thing...if they only found 4 or 5 bones how did they confirm it was Dylan so quickly? Most of the cases I've seen it takes them more than a day or two to come out and say it was indeed that person. This leads me to believe there was more found than they are letting on. JMO

Per Dan Bender's initial media conference, the remains were sent to the lab and identified via DNA. It seems they were successful in putting a rush on the testing, thank goodness. Due to the location they were searching and with archaeologists on board, they could probably guess by the size of the femurs that there was a very strong chance it was Dylan. Also, the piece of the shirt...

As far as finding other items they are not letting on, highly possible.

I am not sure why LE finding Dylan's remains would make Mark feel more comfortable. Does he think LE has done all the testing and hasn't found anything to link him to Dylan's murder? Does he think that all murderers are arrested as soon as their victim's bodies are found? I really think he is making his comments to taunt Elaine.

I think LE pretended to be buddies with him. Maybe told MR something like "We've reviewed the items we've found, and have confirmed it is Dylan. We have no reason to believe you or any of the family had anything to do with this."

Maybe they're tricking MR into believing that they've cleared him???

Ok bear with me . KT tweets LE says no reason to believe family is involved

https://twitter.com/kevinltorres/status/350333424898277377

https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres/posts/10151659970733954

Bender, when asked DIRECTLY about MR fails to say one way or another .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsOjaB3OoGk&feature=youtu.be

So , could KT have misspoken? Could Bender have misspoken? That's confusing , right?
Or am I missing the obvious ?
IMO, Tweets are one liners trying to get the information out as fast as possible (or before someone else beats them to it). To a question like "Is there any reason to think the family is involved", an answer of "The parents are not considered suspects." (which does not mean they aren't being considered for possibly being suspects) could be interpreted and Tweeted as "no reason to believe family is involved ".

Elaine was all over the media while Dylan was missing with the sole purpose of trying to find her precious child. She was sometimes criticized for this as if it was meant to be for attention for herself. Now that the horror of Dylan's body being found is upon her, she has spent this time out of the spotlight. It was never about her. It was always about Dylan. Now suddenly MR is all over the media, and it's all about him or about the divorce, but not about finding justice for Dylan. I just can't get over that chuckle--and how his words are all focused on his own victimization at this hour. "They can call it a homicide all they want--but if they think I had anything to do with it... blah blah" He could have said, "We will find out who did this!" or made the focus be all about justice for his beautiful child. Instead as always it's all about Mark. JMO

Also he said the focus should be on proper burial for Dylan and NOT on ...... other speculations ( who did it? ) . What parent wouldn't want to know who did this to my child ? Has he said a word about how, who, why , justice, finding a killer ? If everyone focuses SOLELY on what MR says , burying the baby , then no one can focus on who did it to the baby .
I'll go back to the words of Phil, if MR didn't do this, there is something seriously wrong with him.

Random thought:

This area could still be accessible via ATVs if indeed the road was closed off. Many people have ATVs up here.

Also he said the focus should be on proper burial for Dylan and NOT on ...... other speculations ( who did it? ) . What parent wouldn't want to know who did this to my child ? Has he said a word about how, who, why , justice, finding a killer ? If everyone focuses SOLELY on what MR says , burying the baby , then no one can focus on who did it to the baby .
I'll go back to the words of Phil, if MR didn't do this, there is something seriously wrong with him.
Yes, it's interesting that MR says that his main focus is giving Dylan the proper burial, the respect he deserves. You'd think his main focus would also be getting justice for Dylan, finding out who was responsible for this.

Respect seems to be a reoccuring theme with MR. Cory was disrepectful to him, etc.

Is this area a "majestic" location? A mountain overlooking...a special, grand, scenic place to be buried? Can this location be seen from MRs residence? We know that the residence can be seen from the location.

I wonder if LE has been able to determine a possible grave site from which the animals scavenged? I think it is important to determine if the body was buried or not bc how the body was originally laid to rest can give a lot of clues about the person responsible.

I wonder what the exact square area is of the official crime scene, how far about the remains were scattered.

I feel the same way. Mark has already stated matter of factly that Dylan was on the mountain for seven months (paraphrased by me). Dylan could have been held somewhere else and dumped there later--unlikely, but who knows for sure how long Dylan was where he was found?

According to Mark Redwine, it wasn't uncommon for Dylan to venture into the woods where his body was found.
"He's been up here long enough that it's not unlike Dylan to go out and do his own thing," he said. "It was not uncommon for him to take off and do what he wanted to do."

Mark Redwine said late Thursday that his priority now is ensuring that everyone has a proper chance to share stories about Dylan's life and recognize his spirit, saying "everyone deserves the opportunity to remember him."
"He's been laying in the mountains in pieces for seven months," he said. "He needs to be buried properly. That's all I care about now."

-http://gazette.com/remains-discovered-near-vallecito-lake-identified-as-dylan-redwine/article/1502865

warning graphic: / scroll past if you need to

The fact that they can rule out death by animals so soon is amazing to me. Surely they are not basing this on the fact that they think Dylan would not have ventured off into this area on his own bc while this is likely, it is not a smoking gun and enough to make this "forensic" determination imo. There must be some sort of scientific basis for this declaration. At least I would hope so! Without an official COD and only partial remains, there must be something for them to be able to make this determination. This is awful to write, but could they be making this assumption based on a theory of dismemberment, and physical evidence on the bones which support this? Sorry for the graphic nature of this post. Sorry Dylan sweetheart :(.

I still can't grasp how someone could kill this precious boy. I am the mother of two boys, so this case has been especially hard - as is Kyron Horman's case. :tears:

According to Mark Redwine, it wasn't uncommon for Dylan to venture into the woods where his body was found.
"He's been up here long enough that it's not unlike Dylan to go out and do his own thing," he said. "It was not uncommon for him to take off and do what he wanted to do."

Mark Redwine said late Thursday that his priority now is ensuring that everyone has a proper chance to share stories about Dylan's life and recognize his spirit, saying "everyone deserves the opportunity to remember him."
"He's been laying in the mountains in pieces for seven months," he said. "He needs to be buried properly. That's all I care about now."

-http://gazette.com/remains-discovered-near-vallecito-lake-identified-as-dylan-redwine/article/1502865

Just bouncing off your post. So I conclude from MR's latest statements that Dylan forfeited friend time. Went off himself to a desolate area because he would. So MR no longer believes an abduction theory? If this wasn't so sad I would laugh. IMO

warning graphic: / scroll past if you need to

The fact that they can rule out death by animals is amazing to me. Surely they are not basing this on the fact that they think Dylan would not have ventured off into this area on his own bc while this is likely, it is not a smoking gun and enough to make this "forensic" determination imo. There must be some sort of scientific basis for this declaration. At least I would hope so! Without an official COD and only partial remains, there must be something for them to be able to make this determination. This is awful to write, but could they be making this assumption based on a theory of dismemberment, and physical evidence on the bones which support this? Sorry for the graphic nature of this post.

That is specifically what I was wondering. Also struck by MR's saying he's been laying out there in pieces for 7 months. If animals did it ..... he was very likely whole at first . :( Forgive me Dylan :(

I still can't grasp how someone could kill this precious boy. I am the mother of two boys, so this case has been especially hard - as is Kyron Horman's case. :tears:

Adding to my own post - I really thought Dylan ran away and then succumbed to the elements. :tears: I am really upset someone could actually kill him.

Look at his pic with the baseball bat! He should be playing baseball right now! :tears:

If Dylan ventured into the woods where he was found and its 10 miles then that would take him all day to venture there AND back, so I 'm wondering , according to MR, how often Dylan did this ? Did he go alone or take some friends? Would any of his friends confirm that they'd gone up there with him?

ETA If it's not uncommon for Dylan to go to that area, then why would that area be a 'stupid' place to search? Where your child
hangs out frequently or even occasionally is a pretty SMART place to search, right?

I'm also struck by the word " SCATTERED" as in MR says 98% of him is scattered across the countryside.

ETA again, In fact I'm not even sure that a small kid could walk 20 miles uphill and in rugged terrain. Does anyone know ?
I thought I would mention, as the crow flies from Mark's house to the area where Dylan was found, it's maybe a mile or so but half of that would be at a severe grade (Mark's house is around 7900 ft above sea level, Middle Mt Rd is about 9200-9400), meaning you'd be hiking up 1300 feet or so at (absolute best if you went around the long way) a 30 degree or better grade, though heavy trees and brush.

See attachment with the area I think was the search base and drainage areas marked. It's steep.

Attachments

• TerrainMap.jpg
    TerrainMap.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 58
Just bouncing off your post. So I conclude from MR's latest statements that Dylan forfeited friend time. Went off himself to a desolate area because he would. So MR no longer believes an abduction theory? If this wasn't so sad I would laugh. IMO

BBM ok here I go again . Could MR be in absolute utter denial about what's gone on , as in almost delusional ? He hears what LE says but disregards it because he's having a ' psychosis ' of some kind , related to grief? I'm not trying to give him a way out here, but I'm thinking this would explain all of his strange talk. Listening to the video with his audio of ' they can call it a homicide', he was so disconnected from what he was saying, I thought at the time ' does he even realize what he's saying' ? Unlikely yes, possible, yes? Thoughts ?

OT I may have said this before, but some years back I had to have a dear horse put down after a long illness. It was a very VERY hard decision. The next day I felt compelled to call the vet and say " I changed my mind'' . Ok I knew it was irrational and could not be done and that she was already gone and that my vet would think I was nuts, but for a minute I just wanted a ' do over'. So make that grief 1000000 times worse over a child and what do you have ?

I have a boy Dylan's age and I struggle with this one too. Mine is invited to a sleepover tonight and I'm down to the wire on making a decision. I've never let him stay with anyone but family, my best friend and his bff (son of the local elementary school principal and JDR judge) before. I had decided to let him go because I know the birthday boy's family well but after Dylan being found I'm ready to back out. I just want to hold him close (and maybe bribe him with a kitten). Elaine should be pulling her hair out over Dylan's summer plans, not planning a final goodbye to her precious son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck