Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh of course, I agree! I wouldn't like to have someone I suspected at a funeral. However as it stands Mark is considered innocent and so should be treated that way IMO.

I've seen a couple of cases now where someone has been turned away from a funeral and I'm just praying it doesn't happen here. It's about Dylan and given what we know about him, he wouldn't want people fighting :(

In that other case, assuming you mean LF, I can not understand why her mother was denied the right to attend her funeral but I don't think I could hold it against Elaine in this case. Mark didn't exactly make life easy for her before Dylan disappeared and things haven't improved since. I find it very ironic that he goes to the media immediately after the identification and talks about wanting to get in touch with her to make arrangements when early on he couldn't be bothered to answer hers & Corey's texts/calls.

It will be interesting to see how it is handled . If Elaine and her family still believe Mark is responsible then I can't see them wanting Mark there as would anybody else in that situation ?? :cow:

This would be a struggle at the best of times but I honestly have no idea how they will deal here

IMO

I would hope if LE really does not believe Mark has anything to do with Dylan's death, they would provide their reasoning to Elaine so they could begin to work together during this horrible time.

I would hope if LE really does not believe Mark has anything to do with Dylan's death, they would provide their reasoning to Elaine so they could begin to work together during this horrible time.

I think that is a wonderful thing to hope for. In fact, if the investigators most familiar with the case can go to Elaine and say that their "gut" tells them that Mark isn't involved I hope that she would be able to accept that and move forward in a way that she feels best honors her baby.

I have no idea what LE actually believe . Somebody just posted something up the page and LE are telling people not to be overly concerned after Dylan's remains are found . So it makes it sound like they know this person is not a threat to the local community and IMO that points to one person . A predator does not kill just once and would be a threat to people living in the area so the fact LE don't seem concerned in that reguard makes me wonder :moo:

LE seems to have planned and organized this search very carefully, IMO, involving various LE agencies and not requiring public assistance. I can't help but think they worked off some specific information; the area is just too vast to be "lucky" enough to locate hum.

Perhaps someone's cell phone pinged in the area?????

Kevin Torres ‏@kevinltorres 16s Coming up on #9NEWS at 5: the investigation in to the death of Dylan Redwine -- what deputies are saying. Report from Durango in 8 mins

I don't know if they stream live news though

http://www.9news.com/

I haven't posted much on this case, but I've lurked almost daily. I didn't expect Dylan to be found alive, but confirmation of his death is still difficult to accept.

I hope authorities can determine when Dylan died, and how he died. And now that he's been found, I hope enough info is discovered to enable LE to make an arrest.

RIP, Dylan.

Has anybody in the area seen the 4 o'clock news as Mark was on it from what I can gather ?.

so undeniably sad...dear Dylan, gone too soon, another child robbed of a future

I never thought the lake and mentioned back in March, I think it was,that Middle Mountain road :( up in that area

I hope some answers as to what happened will come forth- and prayers for his family and friends

here is a you tube , actually about a month before Dylan went missing, to show the area
http://youtu.be/n2lnuXfog3s

ps very lucky to have found him, there have been fires out there NE of Pagosa Springs, and no telling where those fires can start

I have no idea what LE actually believe . Somebody just posted something up the page and LE are telling people not to be overly concerned after Dylan's remains are found . So it makes it sound like they know this person is not a threat to the local community and IMO that points to one person . A predator does not kill just once and would be a threat to people living in the area so the fact LE don't seem concerned in that reguard makes me wonder :moo:

I believe that your interpretation of what LE meant is accurate but we have to consider that they may have organized this search based on credible info they had received and that they know there is no threat to the community because they know where the guilty party is (deceased or incarcerated).

IMO, LE should never say that people should not be overly concerned when the remains of a child have been found in a criminal case, unless they have a suspect and know where he or she is at all times.

Thoughts are with Mark during this painful time. Since LE overtly stated that they have no reason to suspect you, that you've been fully cooperative, that you've just lost your son evidently to a monster, and that according to LE you're a bona fide victim like Elaine and everyone else, my prayers are with you.

Maybe cell phone pings led LE to search that area?

I would think it would be too long since Dylan's disappearance for it to be cell phone pings, they had those immediately. Unless...........there were more recent ones. Just thinking outloud.

RIP, Dylan. Our little corner of Colorado will just not feel nearly as cozy and safe anymore. I feel just horrible for your family and friends, but also feel strangely relieved that at least we know where you are now.

For those wondering why they searched Middle Mountain, Sgt Bender spoke to the Durango Herald and I transcribed some of that interview regarding why the search there.

At 01:25...Reporter "Can you give us more of an exact location where the remains were found?"
Bender "Middle Mountain Road is about 12 miles long and we searched that by/through the entirety. We also searched/checked drainage's off either side and it was in one of those drainage's that we found the majority of the items."
At 01:48...Reporter "What prompted the search of that area?"
Bender "We, from the very beginning, have had a/specific areas that we wanted to search. We searched those in November and December. When snows came we could not get any further than we had and when the snows melted we...actually have been doing searches almost on a weekly bases since the snows have cleared and Middle Mountain was just one more of those areas we wanted to check."

At 03:12...Bender "The search at Middle Mountain had been planned for at least 2-4 weeks because we wanted to have it so thorough, we needed specific resources and for people to be able to plan their schedules to be able to be up there potentially for multiple days as it turned out it was 5 days. We had on each day an average of about 45 people in the searches. They included search and rescue personnel and LE personnel."

http://new.livestream.com/durango-herald/events/2212840

So the remains were found ten miles by car from his dad's house.

I am not familiar with this area. Or hiking in the mountains or this sort of terrain (I basically live in a swamp).

Does anyone know if this area could be easily access going straight "as the crow flies" from Mark's somehow other than a roadway which would taken ten miles. Is there some way Dylan could have walked from his dad's to where the remains were found that would have been shorter than ten miles and wouldn't have required walking alongside a main road where he'd be noticed? Or would the terrain make that near impossible?
I googled the distance from Marks house to the area I believe was the search base. It is 9.2 miles and 29 minutes to get there, probably due to the road conditions and twist and turns in the road. (See attachment).

To go as the crow flies would take you across the river, and up some steep and overgrown areas. It is not an area people would casually hike in.

In addition, it was mentioned by Lt. Bender that the items were found in a drainage area, so it is doubtful anyone would be casually hiking up that. (see zoomed attachment)

Attachments

• MarksHouseToMiddleMountain.jpg
    MarksHouseToMiddleMountain.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 95
  • MarksHouseToMiddleMountainZoomed.jpg
    MarksHouseToMiddleMountainZoomed.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online