Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that shoestrings were found... But no shoes mentioned...

JMO

Dylan was wearing black Jordan tennis shoes per the missing description. No shoes-didn't walk to the location on his own?

LE seems to have planned and organized this search very carefully, IMO, involving various LE agencies and not requiring public assistance. I can't help but think they worked off some specific information; the area is just too vast to be "lucky" enough to locate him.

I've been out all day and just now reading this thread. So I apologize if I am speaking out of turn.....

I just wanted to add that I think all of the official LE searches were by design, based on cell pings and such. They just seem targeted and not just random searching to search.

RIP young man. Prayers for everyone you left behind. Elaine, I am so sorry for your loss.

Interesting that shoestrings were found... But no shoes mentioned...

JMO

I was just going to make that same comment.

Also interesting that MR says LE found "only found four or five of his son's bones" (http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_23553442) yet according to Melissa's twitter that Dr. Know posted above, MR told her LE found two femurs and a shoulder blade (Melissa Colorado ‏@melissacolorado 3m Dylan Redwine's father tells me authorities found his son's 2 femurs and a shoulder blade in woods. The investigation is now a homicide.)

Now one shoulder blade and two femurs = 3 bones. Not 4 or 5 bones.

Maybe I'm being too picky about consistency and semantics. Maybe he heard something different earlier about it being 4 or 5 bones that were recovered and then found out later it was only 3 bones. Also, I see no reason why one would obfuscate about what bones were or weren't found among the remains. But I also don't see why anyone who has been told not to talk about the specifics of the remains & what was found with them to the press at this point would do so.

I think it's more likely LE made that statement so Mark would feel more comfortable. More likely to talk to the media, to LE, and less likely to be a flight risk.

Maybe, but they specifically asked him not to talk to media.

And, I must have missed something along the way somehow -- who is the one saying MR's has been cleared? Did that come directly from LE? And, if so, when and by whom was it stated?

Dylan was wearing black Jordan tennis shoes per the missing description. No shoes-didn't walk to the location on his own?

The terrain in that area is such that I don't think he could have walked there on his own, or would have attempted to anyway, but then we don't know where the animals may have come across his remains...

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

Tonight will be a long sleepless night for both ER and MR. Yet in my opinion it will be for very different reasons.

I would hope that if LE thought Mark had nothing to do with Dylan's murder, they would issue a press release to all local media outlets and also make sure to tell Elaine exactly why they cleared him. Also, how exactly did LE clear Mark? No one has been arrested for Dylan's murder. It will take weeks before DNA testing is back. So I am just wondering how LE found Dylan's remains just a few days ago, and have been able to figure out since then that it wasn't Mark who did it.

All I can find on this is KT's tweet, and then his oddly phrased question in the Bender press conference.

@kevinltorres: La Plata Co. Sheriff's Dept.: no reason to believe family had anything to do with Dylan Redwine's disappearance.

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2513818990001 about 2:55

Has anyone seen anything else about the family not being involved? I'm disappointed KT did not get that as a statement on air. He did get the "all family members are extremely cooperative" quote though.

Also interesting that MR says LE found "only found four or five of his son's bones" (http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_23553442) yet according to Melissa's twitter that Dr. Know posted above, MR told her LE found two femurs and a shoulder blade (Melissa Colorado ‏@melissacolorado 3m Dylan Redwine's father tells me authorities found his son's 2 femurs and a shoulder blade in woods. The investigation is now a homicide.)

Not many parents would be able to announce/discuss on the day of discovery which bones were found from their dead child.

Maybe I'm being too picky about consistency and semantics. Maybe he heard something different earlier about it being 4 or 5 bones that were recovered and then found out later it was only 3 bones. Also, I see no reason why one would obfuscate about what bones were or weren't found among the remains. But I also don't see why anyone who has been told not to talk about the specifics of the remains & what was found with them to the press at this point would do so.

Yulp. The reporting is everywhere today. Best to let it settle some.

If you have a clear view from your home to where your loved one is found, a straight shot in your view, so to say...well. Binoculars or not, it's stinks right now.

All I can find on this is KT's tweet, and then his oddly phrased question in the Bender press conference.

@kevinltorres: La Plata Co. Sheriff's Dept.: no reason to believe family had anything to do with Dylan Redwine's disappearance.

Has anyone seen anything else about the family not being involved? I'm disappointed KT did not get that as a statement on air. He did get the "all family members are extremely cooperative" quote though.

No, I haven't seen anything else except that statement which was in Kevin Torres' line item posting that I linked from his FB earlier - the same in which it was said that family members have been asked not to talk to media.

That's what has me scratching my head. Who said MR was "cleared"?

No, I haven't seen anything else except that statement which was in Kevin Torres' line item posting that I linked from his FB earlier - the same in which it was said that family members have been asked not to talk to media.

That's what has me scratching my head. Who said MR was "cleared"?

Nobody said that MR is "cleared." But then police always claimed he is neither a suspect nor a PO.

Maybe, but they specifically asked him not to talk to media.

And, I must have missed something along the way somehow -- who is the one saying MR's has been cleared? Did that come directly from LE? And, if so, when and by whom was it stated?

BBM - was any context provided with that? All I've seen is a tweet. I'm wondering if that was timed between announcement that there would be a press conference, but before the press conference. Perhaps LE just didn't want them to tell the media that the remains were confirmed as Dylan's because they wanted to control that information. IMO, then MR and ER would be free to discuss after the press conference.

Wouldn't LE want to keep MR thinking he's in the clear? So that's why they don't "suspect" anyone, are they worried MR would try and flee the area/country? Whereas previously they didn't want to spook him bc he could move Dylan/hide evidence/etc?

I don't know, just a question. Trying to understand why LE does the things they do........ (as in so many cases.....sigh)

I don't know why LE does the things they do. In some cases someone who is the last known person(s) to see the victim have been named at least a person of interest. Here they never named MR anything.

Nobody said that MR is "cleared." But then police always claimed he is neither a suspect nor a PO.

Ok, I must have read something wrong earlier on the thread, my apologies for any confusion that may have caused to others!

Not many parents would be able to announce/discuss on the day of discovery which bones were found from their dead child.

This! I don't think I would be able to say the words....I feel nauseous just thinking it.

BBM - was any context provided with that? All I've seen is a tweet. I'm wondering if that was timed between announcement that there would be a press conference, but before the press conference. Perhaps LE just didn't want them to tell the media that the remains were confirmed as Dylan's because they wanted to control that information. IMO, then MR and ER would be free to discuss after the press conference.

The post was put up on Kevin Torres' facebook page immediately before the live interview with Dan Bender where the announcement was made. As I was waiting for the PC to begin Bender said something about having sent out a release immediately before he came outside, so I'm not sure if that's where Torres got the point by point list, or not. It was almost simultaneous with the conference though so I don't think the request would have changed simply because it was confirmed the remains were found. BUT, I wasn't there, so it's all jmo, of course...

:cow:

I'm thinking it's a misstatement by media --- interpreting the sheriff's statement that all family members are cooperating to mean none are suspected to be involved. Since MR revealed many of the details about DR's remains against the wishes of LE, revealing details that the sheriff refused to release, I wonder now whether the sheriff would claim that all of the family are cooperating.

A certain family member seems so eager to bury DR, rather than encouraging the investigation to determine what happened to DR and finding his killer. I almost changed my mind about MR when I heard his voice cracking as he talked about DR, but I've quickly started to think his voice cracked out of nervousness, knowing that remains and other evidence have been located, and not out of sorrow knowing that Dylan is gone. :moo: MOO MOO MOO

Condolences to the family and all of Dylan's friends.

No one has been arrested because they are still investigating. The B thinks he got away with it. WTH does press a conference right after hearing that their son's bones were found, and he wants to "focus" on getting in contact with EH to arrange a memorial to give Dylan a proper burial and show him respect. MR should have thought about giving Dylan a proper burial and respect on November 18th.

<modsnip>

I extend my deepest sympathies to your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28