Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how steep the area where Dylan's remains were found is, is it possible that someone drove up that road and threw his remains down the side of the mountain? That would perhaps cause part of the scattering of the remains. (sorry about that last comment, but it is a possibility).

If so, then MR would not know exactly where to look.

Elaine screaming ' murderer' at MR out the car window....... fact or fb rumor ? tia

It is a statement MR made in one of his interviews. It was also discussed on Tricia's show last night, with Raine giving it some color. Another similar incident was observed by a news photographer.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20130627/NEWS01/130629581/Dylan-Redwine’s-remains-found-
A Durango Herald photographer saw someone drive by Mark Redwine's home Thursday, turn around and yell “murderer” before driving away.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...edwine-remains-found-middle-mountain-colorado
Mark Redwine said that after Thursday's announcement, his ex-wife was driving on a street in Durango when she spotted him, rolled down her window and shouted, "Murderer!"

In my opinion, these describe two separate incidents, due to locations given (Elaine in Durango, unidentified at MRs house)

Elaine screaming ' murderer' at MR out the car window....... fact or fb rumor ? tia

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_23553442

Mark Redwine said that after Thursday's announcement, his ex-wife was driving on a street in Durango when she spotted him, rolled down her window and shouted, "Murderer!"

Read more: Dylan Redwine's remains found near Vallecito, sheriff says - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-found-middle-mountain-colorado#ixzz2XXT2In00
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

BBM ok here I go again . Could MR be in absolute utter denial about what's gone on , as in almost delusional ? He hears what LE says but disregards it because he's having a ' psychosis ' of some kind , related to grief? I'm not trying to give him a way out here, but I'm thinking this would explain all of his strange talk. Listening to the video with his audio of ' they can call it a homicide', he was so disconnected from what he was saying, I thought at the time ' does he even realize what he's saying' ? Unlikely yes, possible, yes? Thoughts ?

OT I may have said this before, but some years back I had to have a dear horse put down after a long illness. It was a very VERY hard decision. The next day I felt compelled to call the vet and say " I changed my mind'' . Ok I knew it was irrational and could not be done and that she was already gone and that my vet would think I was nuts, but for a minute I just wanted a ' do over'. So make that grief 1000000 times worse over a child and what do you have ?

Great post! One problem here, I think, is so many are sure MR did it that everything is being made to fit into that theory instead of looked at neutrally.
It's all fantastic to say "oh that's weird, he should be doing this and that" but people are different and react in different ways. It could be that MR is literally in a world of his own as you say, but it could also be his way of dealing with this, particularly as he knows everyone thinks he done it.

I remember the murder of Joanna Yeates here in England. Her landlord was arrested for her murder and everyone was certain he did it (he did look pretty creepy). Once that happened a lot of people didn't consider anyone else and so facts were looked at in context with the landlord instead of as standalone details. It turned out it wasn't the landlord and his life was turned upside down.
My point is I'm worried everyone's eggs are going into the same basket, so to speak, and if it's proven MR did not kill Dylan then a lot of damage has been caused to him.

All my opinion - also to note I'm not saying here that MR didn't do it (I'm on the fence) and that I fully appreciate he is an odd character and his actions are weird but I have a feeling LE know more than they are letting on about him and must have some info which makes them fairly sure he is not a suspect. Just my :twocents:, feel free to pick me apart :p

According to Mark Redwine, it wasn't uncommon for Dylan to venture into the woods where his body was found.
"He's been up here long enough that it's not unlike Dylan to go out and do his own thing," he said. "It was not uncommon for him to take off and do what he wanted to do."

Mark Redwine said late Thursday that his priority now is ensuring that everyone has a proper chance to share stories about Dylan's life and recognize his spirit, saying "everyone deserves the opportunity to remember him."
"He's been laying in the mountains in pieces for seven months," he said. "He needs to be buried properly. That's all I care about now."

-http://gazette.com/remains-discovered-near-vallecito-lake-identified-as-dylan-redwine/article/1502865

the stmt by MR that Dylan has been laying in the mountains in pieces for seven months is sort of a "dead giveaway" of MR's involvement IMO because...

if he wasn't responsible for Dylan's death - how does he know that Dylan's been laying there for 7 months? I mean, if Dylan had been abducted by someone else, he could have been held for a mo or 2 before being killed. I think MR's statements continue to implicate himself in Dylan's disappearance & death.

And how often, exactly, would a 12-13 yr old boy venture by himself, into that remote area, which was full of cougars, mt. lions and bear? Even the searchers were armed for their own protection.

Yet Mark tells us that his young son would OFTEN venture into that dangerous area, all by himself, unarmed, with no emergency supplies, and not leave a note saying where he was going?

One of my boys would do that if I didn't watch him 24/7. He was my more challenging child. :eek:

The issue here is that I don't think LE would say this was a homicide without having some evidence to the fact. Like I said, I really wanted to believe he ran away and got lost and succumbed to the elements, but LE is saying that's not what happened. They would not just say that without cause, IMO.

What did Dr. Phil say? Either you did this or there is something wrong with you? Why can't both be true?

His words defy belief. I don't think that Dr. P. or anyone else could explain the things he is saying. He is truly one of a kind, not in a good way.

Maybe he has convinced himself that Dylan "wanted" to be in the mountains. Or maybe he is going with Dylan being killed by animals in advance of a defense. But I have a feeling LE has something extra that told them he had been murdered/killed by a person and MR does not know they have it.

And how often, exactly, would a 12-13 yr old boy venture by himself, into that remote area, which was full of cougars, mt. lions and bear? Even the searchers were armed for their own protection.

Yet Mark tells us that his young son would OFTEN venture into that dangerous area, all by himself, unarmed, with no emergency supplies, and not leave a note saying where he was going?

And the searchers could barely get up there, had to wait for months. It is beyond ridiculous to believe Dylan placed himself on that mountain, or IMO, that he ever intended to go anyplace other than to R.'s.

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_23553442

Read more: Dylan Redwine's remains found near Vallecito, sheriff says - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-found-middle-mountain-colorado#ixzz2XXT2In00
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

He sure is savoring his chance to play VICTIM. He has been on a nonstop media blitz, discussing his dead child's bones, the mangled body, Elaine's cruelty, their
contentious divorce, and his lack of an arrest. :frown:

It's late here, and I'm feeling a bit ill, and tired, and sad...

But I feel I couldn't rest until I got this thought out of my head:

That %^&* fishing pole.

It's somehow always stuck in my mind as a set-up for the event that Dylan's remains were ever found. From the get-go, a set up. For some reason, that one claim was what really turned the tide of opinion, for me. "Oy," I thought, "What's the bet the poor boy will turn up in or around that lake now.."

Then, as Katydid just pointed out, there was the "Dylan can see everything" comments. When his body's so close...

Right, well. There it is. I feel a little better..

I had a very strange dream last night, that I was investigating a murder and there was a boy on my sofa (alive but very quiet and still), wrapped in an old blue blanket - one side of it, the side facing out, was extremely worn like it had been out in the weather..

I wonder if Dylan's backpack is somewhere far away in an attempt to be a red herring, as we've seen in other cases (Jessica Ridgeway, Kathlynn Shepard)...

I wish I knew whether or not the landfills were ever checked.

Just for the record, the specific remains that MR mentioned do not include an additional small bone (carpal?) discussed in Tricia's radio show around the 32:00 mark (again, not for all ears, graphic)

Just an idea...maybe we need a separate thread to discuss the forensic / medical aspects of this case? I know not everyone here wants to talk about that stuff, understandably. I don;t either, but we all know the forensic aspects are going to be very very important, especially if there is a trial.

Just for the record, the specific remains that MR mentioned do not include an additional small bone (carpal?) discussed in Tricia's radio show around the 32:00 mark (again, not for all ears, graphic)

Just an idea...maybe we need a separate thread to discuss the forensic / medical aspects of this case? I know not everyone here wants to talk about that stuff, understandably. I don;t either, but we all know the forensic aspects are going to be very very important, especially if there is a trial.

Great idea. I'm sure the forensic facts will be hard for some to read, but important to discuss.

Maybe we should wait until there is an arrest to start making more threads. It could come soon or may be a while. I doubt we will get much more info in the meantime, IMO.

If you guys want to make a forensics thread, that's fine by me.

According to Mark Redwine, it wasn't uncommon for Dylan to venture into the woods where his body was found.

"He's been up here long enough that it's not unlike Dylan to go out and do his own thing," he said. "It was not uncommon for him to take off and do what he wanted to do."

So apparently Mark is sticking to the story that Dylan wandered up there himself and was not abducted or killed by anyone. How convenient.

Source: http://gazette.com/remains-discover...e-identified-as-dylan-redwine/article/1502865

So apparently Mark is sticking to the story that Dylan wandered up there himself and was not abducted or killed by anyone. How convenient.

Source: http://gazette.com/remains-discover...e-identified-as-dylan-redwine/article/1502865

Even when he had very firm plans with his friends to visit them. He does seem to be trying to pass the buck IMO!!

And without a coat. In shorts. Through the brush and trees. Up a steep hill. Without calling his friends after missing the morning meet first. I guess I should no longer be amazed at what some people think would be normal. Life is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman