Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that Teresa who was on the show last night ?

I believe these are two different women. Teresa was the friend that visited this past December. I believe the gf on the Dr. P show is the one who made the lazy statement about Dylan and that was not Teresa.

I could very much follow this theory if it wasn't for the lack of phone communication. I followed the same theory for quite awhile but kept coming back to the communication. I truly believe Dylan would have communicated with his dad or a friend before he gathered his belongings and headed outside. He would have at the least responded to R's message. I have watched a young one close to me text on their phone and IPod simultaneously.

Were any credible reasons that Dylan would have been unable to send a message put forward? I'm not talking "because he had already died" but anything related to the phone itself. e.g. phone had no battery, phone stopped working, he had no credit or anything like that

The deputy made bail but I cannot find anything that says when or if he's going to trial.

My theory:
Dylan putzed around the house Monday morning, cereal, tv, etc. Closer to 11, he got his stuff together and went outside to wait for his dad. Someone he knew came by, saw him, saw an opportunity, stopped to talk. Got him into the vehicle. It may have been an adult or it may have been some younger folk (CRs age, for instance. Old enough to drive but young enough that Dylan might know them).

The perp would turn off MRs road and head east after only a few minutes to get to Middle Mountain Road, so MR would not have seen him as he was driving up.

Purely theory. Does not explain the no-contact Monday morning, but I'm ok with that although I recognize that it is a more important fact for others here on WS.

I think information about any vehicles in the area would be critical. I hope LE has information that will help.
Then just happened to put the body right over the top of Mark's house when there are so many places to drop a body in the area, including on the opposite side of the road? Do you think that happened by accident or the perp did that on purpose? If on purpose, was the perp making a statement? Someone who didn't like Mark or Dylan? Or someone who did and killed Dylan by accident? (say, hit and run?)

Were any credible reasons that Dylan would have been unable to send a message put forward? I'm not talking "because he had already died" but anything related to the phone itself. e.g. phone had no battery, phone stopped working, he had no credit or anything like that

He had working wifi and could use his iPod touch to send texts and the computer and also his phone . He had quite a few ways to communicate with the world but as far as we are aware nothing was heard from Dylan after 9:37pm Sunday night .

ETA -also the home landline

The deputy made bail but I cannot find anything that says when or if he's going to trial.

My theory:
Dylan putzed around the house Monday morning, cereal, tv, etc. Closer to 11, he got his stuff together and went outside to wait for his dad. Someone he knew came by, saw him, saw an opportunity, stopped to talk. Got him into the vehicle. It may have been an adult or it may have been some younger folk (CRs age, for instance. Old enough to drive but young enough that Dylan might know them).

The perp would turn off MRs road and head east after only a few minutes to get to Middle Mountain Road, so MR would not have seen him as he was driving up.

Purely theory. Does not explain the no-contact Monday morning, but I'm ok with that although I recognize that it is a more important fact for others here on WS.

I think information about any vehicles in the area would be critical. I hope LE has information that will help.

Your theory is pretty much the same as mine.

Indeed. Hopefully someone remembers or saw something.

In addition, I'm afraid if there were also any tire tracks (vehicle or atv) and/or footprints, they would have been destroyed by the snow and its melting?

Most likely, but it depends. Other traffic would probably have destroyed tracks before the weather did, though, assuming this vehicle was not the last vehicle to drive that road before it was closed.

Dylan had access to a phone, an iTouch iPod (which can send messages), a landline, and a computer. Could any one of them have not been working? Sure. Could ALL of them have not been working? Doubtful.

He had a phone and an iPod Touch, with texting capabilities. He had his chargers with him, according to his mother. He had access to his father's computer, and there was wifi. There is a landline at the house. If one method of communication wasn't working, there were many others he could have used.

I cannot get past the no communication after Sunday night. He had time to eat a bowl of cereal, per Mark... He would have been respnding to his friend's text from that morning and making plans, IMO.

Yes, we thoroughly exhausted that discussion. Was there wifi, yes. Was there a landline, yes. Did his phone battery die, maybe. Did he have another device to communicate...yes. His dad's laptop and his own IPod touch that could send text messages.

Many have tried, but nothing seems credible. There was adequate cell service, he had his charger, and there was also an i-pod that texted, and wifi and a computer that he was using the previous night, and a working landline.

It would be interesting to know what your hubby's cop mind is thinking

He also runs search and rescue here. SO he started with "He must have wandered into the woods". I then reminded him that it was November, and he didn't have a coat, so he said, "Maybe he was abducted while walking to a friend's."

I think he likes playing Devil's Advocate with me, because once my mind is made up, I can't be swayed.

I keep telling him, "If MR is innocent, I will eat my clogs." (MOO)

And they are big, clunky, wooden soled clogs........

My theory:

Do you think Dylan was targeted or just in the wrong place, wrong time.

My problem with that theory, that a local perp ran into the opportunity and killed Dylan, is that there are no other missing locals. Was this a one time thing?

Do we have any evidence that Dylan ever made it to MR's house that night? I always figured something happened on the way there.

According to Mark Redwine, it wasn't uncommon for Dylan to venture into the woods where his body was found.
"He's been up here long enough that it's not unlike Dylan to go out and do his own thing," he said. "It was not uncommon for him to take off and do what he wanted to do."

Mark Redwine said late Thursday that his priority now is ensuring that everyone has a proper chance to share stories about Dylan's life and recognize his spirit, saying "everyone deserves the opportunity to remember him."
"He's been laying in the mountains in pieces for seven months," he said. "He needs to be buried properly. That's all I care about now."

-http://gazette.com/remains-discovered-near-vallecito-lake-identified-as-dylan-redwine/article/1502865

This is bothering me. Is it possible that LE knows that Dylan's body was dismembered before portions ended up in the woods? Could this be why they are so certain it was a homocide? We don't know for certain that there were only a few bones found but if this is the case then it would make sense how LE said they felt certain they found all they could in that area.

It was chilling to read MR's above statement because it sounds like he was also aware that the remains were scattered from day one (although I realize the words can be interpreted several ways).

Yes, we thoroughly exhausted that discussion. Was there wifi, yes. Was there a landline, yes. Did his phone battery die, maybe. Did he have another device to communicate...yes. His dad's laptop and his own IPod touch that could send text messages.

Sorry, I know the subject has been discussed a lot, I couldn't for the life of me recall exactly what was said. Just wanted to check.

So essentially, either the most catastrophic, coincidental chain of events occurred meaning Dylan's phone & iPod along with the laptop and the landline all failed or Dylan was physically incapable of sending a message?

My theory:

Might I inquire as to what/why in this theory the fact that Dylan suddenly ceased all communication, permanently is not a critical factor?

While yes, it is a very critical factor for many here at WS, it, too is a critical fact for investigators as well(I'm via mobile ATM but the link is posted numerous times upthread about investigators statements re: this specific issue)..the extremely uncharacteristic factor of Dylan's sudden and permanent ceasing of all communication..

IMO its not just some people on a public forum who take great issue with this fact..most importantly investigators do as well..

So, why..or what is it that makes this issue not such a big deal..OK...explainable.. or excused in the above theory involving an outside perpetrator as responsible for Dylan's murder?

**ETA: I'm not trying to be snarky here and I realize at times my attempts at inquiring or explaining my thoughts or questions are not exactly what one would call *easily understandable*, to say the least:blushing:.. Just wanted to clarify my not being snarky or ugly in my above questions/inquiry..

Sorry, I know the subject has been discussed a lot, I couldn't for the life of me recall exactly what was said. Just wanted to check.

So essentially, either the most catastrophic, coincidental chain of events occurred meaning Dylan's phone & iPod along with the laptop and the landline all failed or Dylan was physically incapable of sending a message?

Pretty much.

Also, his good friend, that he had been enthusiastically texting the previous day, and who he was supposed to meet up with that morning, sent his a couple of texts, asking where he was. He never replied to the texts.

And Mark says that he texted as well, with no reply. That seems odd, since Dylan was eagerly waiting for a ride to town to see his friends. I'd think he would answer his dad and say ' when are you coming to pick me up?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3