Early Parole and Missed Opportunities-What happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I too believe, and have always thought,the girls need to start getting exposed to more and more people, especially people their age. This progress has already started with them meeting their aunt, Jaycee's mom, Jaycee's stepdad and I recall some other person have meet them. But they need more. It was a help that they all had each other and Jaycee started from a normal life.

See the link in the media thread!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I disagree with you, unless the girls have been physically abused or have mental issues (a real possibility considering who their father is and his family) there is no reason why they couldn't adapt pretty quickly. But they do need to be exposed to other people so that they can learn and develop social skills, and that has to be done soon, especially for the older girl. Learning those skills once you are an adult is extremely difficult if you don't have them by then.

The girls have a different life experience from most people, that isn't the issue you think it is since so does everyone else, and everyone else gets by just fine. I think the main issue the girls are going to have is an ingrained "us v the outsiders" mentality (this is what was causing the "odd" behaviour observed by the Berkeley cops - it wasn't something sinister), and for them it will be all to easy to slip into another cloistered world, which is probably what is happening to them now. I think that environment has been constructed for their mother but they will get sucked into it as well even though it is not in their best interests, since they have no choice in the matter and in any case are not sophisticated enough to know different. Their needs are going to be very different from what their mother needs and at some point the family is going to have to decide who is more important if they stay together: Jaycee or the girls, and go on from there. Sacrifices will have to be made by someone, and IMO it is not right that it should be the young ones.

Not exactly sure which part you are disagreeing with as I agreed with you that socialization needs to be started in a safe way that will allow the girls to become a part of society.

As for an "us vs them mentality", that is not at all surprising, considering who their father is and the fact that he taught them fear of the outside world.

I don't think it is the goal of Terry, Jaycee or psychologists. to lead the girls to a spot where they have to "sacrifice" a normal life, so their Mothers best interests are looked after. I think there will be a give and take for the three of them to get their needs met in a safe and positive way. At least that is my hope.

I will try to take the high road and believe that everyone involved in their lives at this point, have all three of these peoples best interests at heart and are not at all trying to cause any one of them to be stuck "in a cloistered world."

As for this:

"I disagree with you, unless the girls have been physically abused or have mental issues (a real possibility considering who their father is and his family) there is no reason why they couldn't adapt pretty quickly. But they do need to be exposed to other people so that they can learn and develop social skills, and that has to be done soon, especially for the older girl. Learning those skills once you are an adult is extremely difficult if you don't have them by then."

Their life was abusive, if for no other reason then they were kept isolated. So, not sure which part of my previous post you disagree with, since we are saying the SAME thing in different words!?

We can expect more parole information to be released soon, as per this report. Apparently some of the documents were withheld for privacy reasons and a judge has ruled on appeal to release them. They are going to be reviewed by the judge and probably at least some of them will be released sometime after March 15.

Apparently the terminator has decided that termination is bad, so he has ordered that SO parole records no longer be destroyed a year after parole is ended. Frankly, I'm surprised that they do that with any parole records, let alone SO ones.

Does anyone know the actual Parole Officers who failed to investigate Garrido through all of his years on parole? The media claims that one was actually reassigned due to threats (which implies that his name became public) but I am unable to find any articles with his name.

Does anyone know the actual Parole Officers who failed to investigate Garrido through all of his years on parole? The media claims that one was actually reassigned due to threats (which implies that his name became public) but I am unable to find any articles with his name.

Why would you want to know that?

Btw, it wasn't the PO who was threatened, it was his children.

Nothing nefarious -- this forum is called Websleuths, after all -- but the media has reported that the officer, his wife, and children were all the targets of death threats. If I knew his name then I could better perform my research.

Nothing nefarious -- this forum is called Websleuths, after all -- but the media has reported that the officer, his wife, and children were all the targets of death threats. If I knew his name then I could better perform my research.

I dont think a name was released at all.
I think there is a lot of BS floating around and not enough changing things.
That county had the most corrupt department from the head on down......and should have had 80% of the LE department removed. They should have given people who need a job and want to do a good job a chance to clean up that county.
That county is heaven to every illegal, every fugitive, every murderer, pedophile and god knows what else. BEST HIDING PLACE because nobody gives a chit.

WHAT PO he had more then one during the 18 years. They never released a name. So he must still be on the force.

They did say who the last PO was. One of the federal is also known, he is retired and gave an interview on TV. During the period California was supervising him there were about half a dozen . We don't know who many there were during the federal period, those records weren't released.

Does anyone recognize the following names as pertaining to this case:
Edward Santos
La Grossa
G. Sims

I think PO names were listed in the report published by the state of CA, if I am not mistaken.

Does anyone recognize the following names as pertaining to this case:
Edward Santos
La Grossa
G. Sims

"State corrections officials have hailed Garrido’s parole agent as a hero in the case but have declined to identify him. They also have declined to make him available for interviews to discuss what he may have seen during visits to the home while Dugard and her daughters were held in a secret section of the backyard.

Corrections documents obtained by McClatchy Newspapers identify the agent as Edward Santos. An official at Santos’ office Monday said he was not in. Santos did not respond to telephone messages seeking comment on his role in the case."

Police hunt origin of bone found near captive’s compound
http://news.bostonherald.com
8/31/2009

One was reassigned to Sacramento, not sure if it was Santos or not.

Also see:

Human Drama : Actors In This Narrative
http://kl-mall.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=194

Agent Edward Santos - Parole Agent I, Fairfield II/GPS Unit, CDCR
Agent La Grossa - Parole Agent, CDCR
G. Sims - Superior from CDCR
Officer Von Savoye - Police Officer from Concord Police Dept.
Officer Kaiser - Police Officer from Concord Police Dept.
Sergeant Hoffmann - Police Sergeant from Concord Police Department who extracted the confession from Phillip Garrido that he is the father of Angel and Starlit (Scarlett).
Officer Lisa Campbell - Police Officer from University of California, Berkeley.
Officer Ally Jacobs - Police Officer from University of California, Berkeley.

Now that some time has passed, who exactly where the Parole Officers who "dropped the ball" on the Dugard case and failed to perform their duties? And "where are they now?"

Here it is, nearly 2016 and I repeat my question -- what are the names of the Parole Officers who were negligent in their duty?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back