Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of patient called CDC with concerns

According to CNN, a close associate of the patient had to call the CDC during his second visit to the hospital. The doctors still weren't taking the case seriously. The friend called the CDC and told them of the patients illness, symptoms and risk factors saying he probably had Ebola. The CDC told them to call the state health department, who then called the hospital and told them to put him in isolation and test for Ebola.

Were it not for the patient and his friend's insistence, the diagnosis could have been delayed much longer.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/health/ebola-us/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I am more angry at the selfishness of this patient to fail to disclose that he handled a woman dying of Ebola more than I am at the hospital for slipping up and releasing him thinking he had the flu. How many more people will he take down with him because he didn't bother to tell anyone and emphasize that he was from Liberia??? I also think for now, until it is contained we should close our borders to those flying from countries who have had the outbreak recently.
There is very little vaccine to cure Ebola and it is hemmorragic fever- you bleed from every orifice, extremely deadly!!! Robin Cook didn't make this one up!
I'm also not convinced it can't be airborne when health professionals wearing Hazmat suits have still managed to contract it. I was exposed to TB and had to take medication for a year, and still can only do chest x-rays, after an infected patient coughed on me.

Friend of patient called CDC with concerns

According to CNN, a close associate of the patient had to call the CDC during his second visit to the hospital. The doctors still weren't taking the case seriously. The friend called the CDC and told them of the patients illness, symptoms and risk factors saying he probably had Ebola. The CDC told them to call the state health department, who then called the hospital and told them to put him in isolation and test for Ebola.

Were it not for the patient and his friend's insistence, the diagnosis could have been delayed much longer.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/health/ebola-us/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

And then they have a gull to tell us they are ready. How pathetic is that?

DR Sanjay Gupta just said on CNN the Friend stressed to the hospital he was from liberia and he could have been exposed and he was sent home with a z pak!

Hospital also acted in a very irresponsible way. And they claim they were prepared. Pretty pathetic.

Ebola can be transferred through contact with sweat. This is the body fluid that concerns me most. Some people with fevers, and who are also afraid, will sweat. Sweaty hands touching doors, sweaty back, sweaty arms on chairs. Sweat would probably be the body fluid that people would most likely come in contact with in this situation. JMO < Is that a run on sentence? Sorry the wording is really bothering me. <

I sat through the DFW media pressers today from 11 AM til 12:30 PM CT.
The hospital doctor lied and lied and then stopped answering direct questions.
I didn't know at that time that the Duncan patient had been discharged from ER to a Dallas apt. 2 days prior to ER admission at the time. I heard it later on in the press conference when the various health officials of TX were responding to reporter questions and HAD to disclose that YES, he was seen and sent home through a series of miscommunications. With antibiotics.

It would take about 2 hours to reformulate every ER/ EMS triage sheet to add the question: Have you or has anyone close to you been in Africa in the past 30 days? ( 30 days being a more standard measurement here in the USA than 21 days, thus probably easier for staff and respondent to recall.

I think the guy came here to the US to get treated for Eobla. In the article that I read that someone posted in this thread it mentioned that his son lived in the US and had been trying for years to get him to come out here. I wonder if he didn't go the US to save his life because he knew he was going to come down with Ebola and more than likely die due to there being no room in hospitals Ebola Unit?

Mr. Duncan had lived in the neighborhood, called 72nd SKD Boulevard, for the past two years, living by himself in a small room that he rented from the Williams couple. He had told that them and his neighbors that his son lived in the United States, played baseball, and was trying to get him to come to America.

From: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/02/w...html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

Two days after he was sent home from a Dallas hospital, the man who is the first person to be diagnosed with Ebola in the United States was seen vomiting on the ground outside an apartment complex as he was bundled into an ambulance.
&#8220;His whole family was screaming. He got outside and he was throwing up all over the place,&#8221; resident Mesud Osmanovic, 21, said on Wednesday, describing the chaotic scene before the man was admitted to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on Sunday where he is in serious condition.

http://www.srnnews.com/dallas-ebola-patient-vomited-outside-apartment-on-way-to-hospital-4/

Oh dear. Yoda, that is simply just no good.

This whole thing is just no good. I'm just very glad I am now out of "the big city"...kwim?

Best
Hc

Who cleaned the puke? I'm guessing some animals are infected now as well and dogs lick kids ugh!

I think the guy came here to the US to get treated for Eobla. In the article that I read that someone posted in this thread it mentioned that his son lived in the US and had been trying for years to get him to come out here. I wonder if he didn't go the US to save his life because he knew he was going to come down with Ebola and more than likely die due to there being no room in hospitals Ebola Unit

From: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/02/w...html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

I think we can expect many more to come here for that very reason.

Two days after he was sent home from a Dallas hospital, the man who is the first person to be diagnosed with Ebola in the United States was seen vomiting on the ground outside an apartment complex as he was bundled into an ambulance.
&#8220;His whole family was screaming. He got outside and he was throwing up all over the place,&#8221; resident Mesud Osmanovic, 21, said on Wednesday, describing the chaotic scene before the man was admitted to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on Sunday where he is in serious condition.

http://www.srnnews.com/dallas-ebola-patient-vomited-outside-apartment-on-way-to-hospital-4/

omfg....

I do think this man was extremely selfish. He should have immediately, at the first symptom, gone to the hospital and told them he had direct contact with a person who died from ebola. He not only brought the disease to the US, but he put his own family at risk. Very selfish.
On a larger scale, the US is now focused on him. Just as the US was starting to take the outbreak in West Africa seriously, he has now diverted attention away from his country, a country that is in desperate need. SMH JMHO

Duncan's former boss in Monrovia, Liberia, said the patient had been his driver for the last year or two until he abruptly left his job in early September.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/texas-ebola-patient-thomas-duncan-prayed-family-phone/story?id=25885934

"I really don’t know," why he left, Henry Brunson, general manager of Safeway Cargo, told ABC News. "He didn’t resign. He just left the office. He just walked away.”

Brunson didn't know where Duncan went until he saw him on the news as the Ebola patient in Dallas, Texas.

Duncan's identity emerged as Texas health officials outlined efforts to track and monitor as many as 21 people Duncan had been in contact with since becoming sick over the weekend.

See how easy this is.....

this is crazy.....

I am going to play devil's advocate here for a minute: if I'm this guy living in Liberia amongst this Ebola outbreak & I carried an infected dying pregnant lady to the hospital & then had the opportunity to fly to the US, no doubt I would have jumped on the first plane headed west. Upon my arrival and with the first inkling of a symptom I would have been in the ER, BUT here is where I would have a change in plans-they would have had to have security haul me out kicking and screaming and every person in the place would be hearing I came from Liberia, I hauled an infected dying lady to/from the hospital, I have Ebola! There is no way I would go across the globe to seek the best chance at survival only to allow doctors to discharge me, no way. There is no way this guy divulged the WHOLE story and it's really easy after the fact to say hey the hospital didn't take my friend serious, I had to do XYZ to make things happen. The hospital is not in a position to argue about what they were or weren't doing for privacy reasons. Does the hospital bear fault, absolutely but this guy has a whole lot of explaining to do and further more the questioning before boarding a plane in Africa needs to get a lot more attention. He either blatantly lied or lied by omission in regards to his contact with infected persons-That CANNOT be allowed to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member