Elderly woman being evicted for feeding stray cat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a luxury building that went up behind my husband's store that houses the elderly. Those people are out of control too, so many sold their home to move in there and the mass exodus is unreal. There are also a number of people who are unable to get out due to the economy. My personal fav: Thou shalt not flush the toilet, take a shower or run the dishwasher/washing machine after 11 PM.

Now this same senior citizen complex, which almost kicked a lady out for feeding a stray cat and then made the residents pull up all their flowers and gardens has forbid residents from having Christmas decorations!

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/news/seniors-at-mayfair-cry-humbug-964654.html

This place has got to be stopped. What kind of life do they expect these poor people to have? I can't believe they can get away with such restrictions. My God, what a world we live in when residents can't even enjoy their lives anymore, esp. seniors. I wish they were all able to picket or move out...The little comforts of life are not even afforded to these people...Now what is the problem with the managers here??? Just plain nasty bullies.:furious:

Thanks for the update.
Really pisst off.:banghead::banghead:

Gozgals

“Some people are looking forward to the holidays and what they used to do when they had their own home,” she said.

Now this same senior citizen complex, which almost kicked a lady out for feeding a stray cat, shut down their community center and then made the residents pull up all their flowers and gardens has forbid residents from having Christmas decorations!

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/news/seniors-at-mayfair-cry-humbug-964654.html
Citing it as a fire hazard seems ridiculous as there are outdoor plugs for the lights. It sounds more like utilities are included in the rent and someone doesn't want to pay the increased electric bill. I disagree with a comment posted at the link about moving ~ most seniors who do have to live in this type of housing don't have anywhere else to go. Their rights definitely seem to be trampled on at this place. Feeding a stray cat is harmless and flowers and gardens don't use any more water than normal irrigation for lawns and such. :banghead: MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back