Emmys will edit Kathy Griffin’s offensive speech

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no idea who Kathy Griffin is- that's a bit rough saying that about Jesus, like the 'suck it' bit...with so many Americans being Jesus lovers, she will be sure to have offended a ton of people.
lol, I don't really know who she is either. hey if you or i don't know her then she isn't that important anyways, right?:D

Maybe someday we will have an owner of a station who isn't afraid to air everything as it really is instead of hiding behind what is politically correct.

I wouldn't worry about it, SS. The people who appreciate Griffin all know how to get to YouTube.

i'd almost think you feel it is a bad thing... :croc:

sherri, I've agreed with Jeanna on so many issues over the years, I have no business pointing the finger at anybody else.

Even on those issues where Jeanna and I DISagree, I know she'll come to her senses someday and I'll agree with her then. It's only a matter of time. :D

You DO have a great point there! ^5! (Until someone comes along and decides what we can or cannot put on here. And by here...I mean the internet not HERE!)

Yeah, HERE is a problem. I suppose one could always come up with their own forum so that they could say whatever they wanted.

Maybe someday we will have an owner of a station who isn't afraid to air everything as it really is instead of hiding behind what is politically correct.
Well that owner will not have to worry about revenues then. It was a busines decision.

Well that owner will not have to worry about revenues then. It was a busines decision.

Actually, the future will be viewers buying programs individually online. This will be perfect for Kathy Griffin (just as she has benefited from the lower demand for ratings on basic cable). She's always attracted a minority audience, but a very loyal one, and her fans will find her wherever she goes.

Actually, the future will be viewers buying programs individually online. This will be perfect for Kathy Griffin (just as she has benefited from the lower demand for ratings on basic cable). She's always attracted a minority audience, but a very loyal one, and her fans will find her wherever she goes.
i will be so happy in the future then. i can not wait! keeping a eye on what my kids watch is a full time job i swear. out of 300 channels they only have 10 not blocked in the living room and i still have to say "omg what are you watching! that show is now off limits!!!"

What happens when teens grow up and can't wait to see what has been hidden from them their entire lives? Do they decide then not to watch horrible things? How does that work?

Granted, I was careful when mine were young what they saw...but as they got older...I didn't ban a show for language, for drugs, for other situations...only violence. So the news was never an option for them to see! : )

I also raised them with the theory..."If we can laugh about it...we can talk about it". Proof is in the pudding. They are all healthy, productive, and normal adults who still laugh with their mom about such things plus can talk to me about anything.

What happens when teens grow up and can't wait to see what has been hidden from them their entire lives? Do they decide then not to watch horrible things? How does that work?

Granted, I was careful when mine were young what they saw...but as they got older...I didn't ban a show for language, for drugs, for other situations...only violence. So the news was never an option for them to see! : )
i don't know what did your kids do since you hid violence from them?

LOL They still don't watch it! They hate the news or violent shows and my son is in Seminary...so he is actively against violence of any kind. And none have ever been in trouble with the law, done drugs, became alcoholics, or were promiscuous because they were allowed to see it on tv or in movies.

I am not saying it would work in other families...but it works for mine.

Too cool - no commercials

LOL They still don't watch it! They hate the news or violent shows and my son is in Seminary...so he is actively against violence of any kind. >wink<
then my plan of guarding everything they watch should work out perfect! one of my local stations not cable had "family guy" on yesterday at 5. my 9 year old did not understand why he could not watch it because it was a cartoon. now i might like some of the episodes but i really dont think it should be available to kids and i cant block the channel so i have to make the show "off limits"

I let my kids grow up watching the Simpsons. Some of those episodes had some innuendo, but the kids didn't catch it til they were old enough to get it.

My daughter and I watched Steven Lynch for the first time together when she was a mere 14. Oh, Horrors! LOL She thought he was every bit as funny as I did. (Come to find out her Drama/Music teacher was a huge fan, too!)

I let my kids grow up watching the Simpsons. Some of those episodes had some innuendo, but the kids didn't catch it til they were old enough to get it.

My daughter and I watched Steven Lynch for the first time together when she was a mere 14. Oh, Horrors! LOL She thought he was every bit as funny as I did. (Come to find out her Drama/Music teacher was a huge fan, too!)
my kids watch the Simpson's but that is a far cry from family guy or south park. at 9 my son is to young to understand that animated does not mean appropriate

I guess 9 is too young for Family Guy and South Park. I have seen some of those which were a bit much.

i will be so happy in the future then. i can not wait! keeping a eye on what my kids watch is a full time job i swear. out of 300 channels they only have 10 not blocked in the living room and i still have to say "omg what are you watching! that show is now off limits!!!"

I know what you mean, sherri. We stick mostly with the Disney channel around here. We are getting rid of cable eventually, we just have to wean ourselves first! lol

I think the worst part is when you know they are safe watching a particular tv show or movie but the commercials aren't necessarily the same rating. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back