Emmys will edit Kathy Griffin’s offensive speech

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will take back what I said about it being Rightwingers only. : ) Sorry, to all the Righ...uhm...people who are ultraconservative and liberals, too..for clumping. I know better than to "clump". My apologies.

Hi SieSie :p I agree.. I'm not sure how I feel about her though.. I can't remember her stuff.. hehe She must not have impressed me much if I can't remember :p . I love good humor and I'm not that easily offended but I do believe there are some things that don't need to be said to get a laugh if it's going to cause upset in others. You are right we do have freedom of speech but somethings really don't need to be said. Why? Why say something knowning it's going to probably offend many just to get a possible laugh by not so many.. :twocents: :p
Hiya PD!! :waving: I don't know much of her stuff, either (standup wise) - I've seen a few of her D-List t.v. show and find that very funny. On that show she's done some standup in Iraq and in some men & women's prison somewhere - I thought that was all funny, too. I don't remember her getting rude about religion, though.

O/T - Stephen Lynch:
You guys would really hate Steven Lynch. (chuckling)
:D I think Stephen Lynch is hysterical!!! :D

not meeeeeeee!....i love his "lullabye":p
I like "Lullabye" too, but my fave is "Special Fred". Not politically correct, but funny as all get out!!!

I would suggest playing an MMORPG such as Final Fantasy or World of Warcraft but those games are VERY addictive. I played one for 3 years and was finally able to wrestle myself free.
FFXI lvl 75brd/rdm/whm... i still need WS!!

I will take back what I said about it being Rightwingers only. : ) Sorry, to all the Righ...uhm...people who are ultraconservative and liberals, too..for clumping. I know better than to "clump". My apologies.
Oh, it's okay SS.
I don't get offended by what people say (or type). :)

Great, SieSie! Now I will have that song stuck in my head today! LOL I will break out singing it at work and people will have fits.

You guys act like she doesn't have a right to freedom of speech! If people can thank Jesus all day long on stage while accepting a trophy or an award...she can say whatever she wants as well!

If the Rightwingers keep this up...no one will be able to say anything in reference to religion in any context. Shooting her in the foot for pushing her right for free speech will simply blast the basis of free speech for everyone down the line. She is an American, after all, and is entitled to her opinion and right to say it in public! If it offends some people...she is still within her rights to have said it.

I am offended they are censoring her! Double standard!

The media also has a right to EDIT what they wish.

Well, that stinks! Nobody heckled him at all when we saw him. I was disappointed that he really didn't have anything new in his routine (this was about 7 yrs ago I think) though.

Nova, next time I listen to his routine I'll be thinking about your view of his act. I never thought of his routine that way. Interesting.

I hope it was clear that *I* don't think he does anything wrong. I was just saying that even seemingly "existential" comedy such as his does rib somebody and encroach on subjects that somebody doesn't find funny.

Here we go again. No one is saying that she can't say whatever she wants. However, the network has the right to air whatever it wants and they made their decision. If someone wants to reserve their right to freedom of speech, they must accept the freedom of the public to respond to it, thus exercising their own freedom of speech. Right?....

I agree that E! has a right not to air Griffin's acceptance speech. Since I have defended her at length on this thread, I feel compelled to say this.

But please don't think I'm a suck-up like sherri. ;)

I hope it was clear that *I* don't think he does anything wrong. I was just saying that even seemingly "existential" comedy such as his does rib somebody and encroach on subjects that somebody doesn't find funny.

No, I didn't think that at all. :blowkiss: It's just that what you said got me thinking (as usual).

This has always been one of my favorite SW quotes:

"For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier... I put them in the same room and let them fight it out."

:)

I agree that E! has a right not to air Griffin's acceptance speech. Since I have defended her at length on this thread, I feel compelled to say this.

But please don't think I'm a suck-up like sherri. ;)
i'd almost think you feel it is a bad thing... :croc:

Yes, they do. However, censorship is censorship...whatever you call it.
yes it is but that does not make it a bad thing. when the guy from seinfeld said the n word most news shows beeped it out. shows censor what is said on their programs all the time. most the time we never know. news papers decided to edit out part of a story because a editor thinks it is to graphic or shows a reporters slant on it. censorship can be abused by people in power but can also be a valuable tool to control the content of a program that is privately owned.

Kathy Griffin has the right to say whatever she wants and the network has the right to edit any or all of it.

I see you disapprove of the word "clump." LOL I'll try harder next time!!

Maybe someday we will have an owner of a station who isn't afraid to air everything as it really is instead of hiding behind what is politically correct.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back