Emotional Reactions to the Autopsy Report

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[snipped because I don't have an opinion about all that password stuff]

What baffles me is why would KC or JB want the body discovered? It is devastating to her case. Of course IMO, Jose has been handling this case in a very dyslexic type of way.

KC was known to be a fan of crime shows. She no doubt was doing what she had seen on TV. What she failed to realize is like her life, TV is fiction and she had no clue that the items she left would give the detailed forensic evidence of Caylee's murder. She thought that Caylee's remains would be just that and all the other stuff KC left would POOF disappear into the muck of the land, never to be seen again.

No comment on JB, he is what he is.

What baffles me is why would KC or JB want the body discovered? It is devastating to her case. Of course IMO, Jose has been handling this case in a very dyslexic type of way.

I think they were concerned that someday Caylee's body would be stumbled upon and they wanted to get her out of there before that happened... oops. I'm really surprised they didn't make more of an effort to find her because this is what will convict Casey.

I think, unlike Cindy who wanted Caylee to remain an alive, missing child (so KC hopefully couldn't be convicted of murder-reasonable doubt!!)-KC wanted Caylee's remains found. Remember she said to TonE something like "If they NEVER find her guess who gets to spend eternity (or something like that) in jail?" Just like KC underestimated LE and thought they would buy her BS about working and the nanny-she probably also thought they would find Caylee so decomposed that nothing could be learned from her remains that could convict her! Stoopid, stoopid girl!! She thought looks and BS would work because it had for 22 years with her co-dependent family-why not on seasoned, trained, intelligent LE?:crazy:

Neither do I. But KC was hoping he would. He couldn't do it, even with her EXACT instructions on where Caylee's body was located. RE: her telling Lee and/or her mother in a jailhouse visit that she changed her computer PW to Timer55. The day Caylee's remains were found, someone posted a Pic of a Mapquest page showing driving directions from the A home to the "dump site" and it read 55 seconds drive time. Coincedence? Me thinks not!!!![/QUOTE]

I don't think it was a coincidence either. Remember, Casey always said Caylee was close to home..she felt she would be home for her 3rd birthday knowing that LE and others were searching for her. Casey was probably laughing behind bars that Caylee was not found. I still find it odd that in 6 inches of water the body was not found in Aug...that is not that deep, heck people do dive searches in rivers and larger bodies of water why was this area not searched properly? IMO, I feel someone that is familiar with LE and knows how long it takes a body to decompose was the master mind in keeping this body from being discovered. I wonder what ever happen to this nut case that claims she was with TES and has pictures of the area and Caylee was not there? Investigators reviewed the photos and took her statement. http://www.wesh.com/news/18299352/detail.html

Maybe that is why Casey is so mad at Cindy? It would of been easier for Casey to blame a nanny if the body would of been found right away. Maybe when DC was out there in Nov he was instructed to move the remains, but when he found them he could not bring himself to do because there was nothing left but Caylee's little bones. (could this be why DC filed a report to the bar about Baez?)

I, also recall that Nejame quit around this time and the Anthony's started to have a very distinctive look about themselves. November 20, 2008: NeJame Quits As Anthonys' Attorney Nejame stated he only agreed to represent George and Cindy , so long as there were no restrictions placed on me whatsoever as to finding Caylee, regardless of where this might lead. Quite simply, this meant that I could do whatever I needed to find Caylee whether she was alive or not. http://www.wesh.com/news/18025590/detail.html

Also, Remember Casey wanted to be allowed to travel to assist in the search October 6, 2008 when Baez filed a motion for him and Casey to go out and do their own private search? The motion was denied...

Again, parents that kill there children usually dispose of them close to home and Casey did say she didn't lie about everything and I always believed her when she said Caylee was close to home....I also felt that Timer55 meant something just was not sure what.

The simplest clues gave away Caylee's location. I think I need to go back and look at the Haleigh case because it's always the simple clues that hold value. Sorry to get off topic. :too much info::offtopic::sheesh:

One of the things reading these posts does for me, is assures me that we here, & " Jo Public" who hears about this case, and this senseless death are truly horrified, and that is a 'good thing" . . . in that is is A NORMAL REACTION, to something that is an abomination! And I have to believe that folks here pretty much represent the cross section of people from Florida, from whom jurors will be chosen. Caylee had some small voice with the publishing of the autopsy report, and the jurors will speak in ONE VOICE for her as well. This is my hope. This is my prayer.

What bothers me most, is WHY the multiple layers going from ear to ear. Why not instead, grab her head with one hand and wrap the duct tape all the way around head over and over with the other. This bugs me.

My first thought to your question is that Caylee was laying on her back (out) and to lift her head to get the tape to go round and round was just too much work for "precious KC" and that to do it that way may have not been possible if she found some way to work that roll of tape w/o getting her prints on it. (I know that we have canvas/suede work gloves in our garage right now that would probably work in working with duct tape. I never thought of them before, I was always thinking along the lines of medical or household rubber gloves, but I just had a garage sale and was going thru everything when I came across these gloves. But I bet if her prints aren't on that tape, thats the kind of gloves she used. And she had 31 days and countless places to get rid of them!) Dirty Rat!!! JMO

I tried to go to the report threads---just can't do it. I have seen a lot of in my life and am really having a hard time with this case. Once there was an 18 mo old baby lived across the street from me. I sat on my porch many times and watched as he played with his older bros and sister---not to much older---but not in diapers. He was taken via ambulance to the hospital and was doa. I never did find out who did it to the boy---the man was taken away in hand cuffs and the woman was pg. then they moved.

I wished I had been more involved with the peeps---they were younger then me---I just always felt that the sweet lil thang was safe as long as I was watching him play outside---I would have never thought he was being abused. He seemed like a happy lively boy. He wore mostly diapers but that was ok because it was in Texas and hottier n blazes and wished I could run around in a diddy. The other kids had on clothes but I never thought that was any sign. I was certainly in shock.

The woman was a shy kind of girl but not e-body has a big mouth like me n mine. The man seemed friendly and outgoing and they would sit out in lawn chairs with the kids in the evenings. The only thang I member bout the trauma to cause death was trauma to the belly area and multiple insect bites. The insect bites didn't bother me much cuz where we lived---e-kid had them.

Poor lil babies of this world. I guess I know to much about this case. Am just having a hard time shaking this sick feelin. I am really glad I don't live in Orlando---honestly---I might go ballistic on a few peeps, down there. Then I could go to the nut house and they would bring the snack cart in every night at 9:00.

The skeleton dispersal report was the worst for me. The mere thought of animals disarticulating that poor, innocent child's remains is too much to bear. :(

My first thought to your question is that Caylee was laying on her back (out) and to lift her head to get the tape to go round and round was just too much work for "precious KC" and that to do it that way may have not been possible if she found some way to work that roll of tape w/o getting her prints on it. (I know that we have canvas/suede work gloves in our garage right now that would probably work in working with duct tape. I never thought of them before, I was always thinking along the lines of medical or household rubber gloves, but I just had a garage sale and was going thru everything when I came across these gloves. But I bet if her prints aren't on that tape, thats the kind of gloves she used. And she had 31 days and countless places to get rid of them!) Dirty Rat!!! JMO

:waitasec:Maybe my brain is on over load. But wasn't there a discussion way back about gardening gloves? Maybe Casey used Cindy's gardening gloves so that she wouldn't get her hands dirty or maybe the tape was placed after Caylee was dead or chloroformed in the trunk? Or, when Casey borrowed the shovel from the neighbor and it was quicker to tear off several pieces of tape, rather than tape around Caylee's little head. God I am so sick...this is just so heart breaking and to make matters worst...there are so many other lives that are taken to soon by their parents. Where is the justice in the Country?:furious::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Since a year ago when we learned that Caylee was missing, I held out hope that if she did pass away, that it was painless and quick. Then, I read the report below and my heart is just breaking. I can't fathom how a human being could do this to another human being. To think that Caylee spent the last moments of her life in a dark, scary trunk is too much for my mind and heart to handle.

"Whoever did this put the duct tape over the child's mouth. I wouldn't be surprised if the child actually died from suffocation, but what's more important I think is when you bring in the chemical analysis of the trunk into play, when you actually read the analysis from the trunk, it says there's higher levels of a certain compound that is present when a person is dying from suffocation -- which is a lack of oxygen. All in all, I think that's why the state is seeking the death penalty is because Caylee Anthony, no matter how she died, whether it was from the duct tape of from being in the trunk, suffered. For a few minutes, she knew she was dying. She knew she was in pain. She suffered tremendously," defense attorney Richard Hornsby said.

(Bold my own)
==============================

Here's the link:
http://www.wesh.com/news/19801945/detail.html

================================

UPDATE:
RH has got his facts wrong. The reports do not refer to high levels of a compound which is present when a person is dying of suffocation - they refer to a decomposition event that appears to have occurred in oxygen-deprived (anaerobic) conditions.

It's no wonder I'm totally confused by what I read in news reports!

The skeleton dispersal report was the worst for me. The mere thought of animals disarticulating that poor, innocent child's remains is too much to bear. :(
Sarah,
I wrote about this once before.I hope it helps.
After my son died we got a great children's book about death called The Light of Stars,by Phyllis Glowatsky .It's about a little girl who goes to the beach with her dog.Hundreds of starfish have washed up on shore and the girl spends all afternoon tossing them back,only to have them wash up again.
She's so sad as evening comes .She wanted to help the starfish.
Her dog begins to talk to her. He tells her the starfish began as stars in the night sky.They looked upon the earth and oceans,saw the dolphins and whales playing ,and wanted to join them.They became starfish.When it was time for them to return to their heavenly home they cast their earthly bodies aside.They were heavy and weighed them down.No longer needed their "bodies" washed up on shore,but as night fell ,the little girl could look up and see the true light of the stars shining down,even more beautiful than what was on left in the sand.
I am very much paraphrasing and going by memory,so my apologies to the author if I messed that up.
Once Caylee passed, the body was shed like an old suit.I mean no disrespect by that,but the real Caylee lives on ,and was not harmed by animals.Just hang on to that.
We got this book for our [then] 5 year old,but it was so beautifully done,it helped me ,also.

The autopsy was unbearable for me to read, and if it were my family member, I definitely could not have looked at it at all! The poor little baby -- God rest her soul!

Maybe to plant something with the body to frame someone else. Can we think of anyone the might of had in mind?

I think, unlike Cindy who wanted Caylee to remain an alive, missing child (so KC hopefully couldn't be convicted of murder-reasonable doubt!!)-KC wanted Caylee's remains found. Remember she said to TonE something like "If they NEVER find her guess who gets to spend eternity (or something like that) in jail?" Just like KC underestimated LE and thought they would buy her BS about working and the nanny-she probably also thought they would find Caylee so decomposed that nothing could be learned from her remains that could convict her! Stoopid, stoopid girl!! She thought looks and BS would work because it had for 22 years with her co-dependent family-why not on seasoned, trained, intelligent LE?:crazy:

I have to disagree, I don't think KC wanted the body to be found by LE.That's why she freaked out when she knew Caylee was found. It;s called a panic attack.I think JB was telling her not to worry because as long as there was doubt about weather Caylee was alive she woulden't be convicted of murder. If the body was found by LE after the trial, oh well, remember double jeopardy?

Maybe to plant something with the body to frame someone else. Can we think of anyone the might of had in mind?

To what end? To help a narcissistic, hateful, ingrate who murdered her child? In a case with national attention no less? I can't understand why various players in this case would chance giving up their freedom and go against all decent morals to help KC.

I'm not a fan of JB, but I doubt even he would move a body or plant evidence for a client. He may have wanted warning when the body was found to better position himself with LE, buy a new suit for the press conference, who knows, but he is out for number one also. I find him to be as narcissistic as KC. It's clear to me he doesn't have her best interest in mind.

I feel badly about the way little Caylees body was attacked by insects and animals and allowed to lie in that dark dismal place in the wind and water. Surrounded by garbage and debris.
This may not have harmed little Caylee.. (although I am not so sure that the deceased don't care about their former bodies) .. but what bothers me is the lack of respect shown. Even if I hated someone, I would not toss their bodies into a place like that. If I killed my worst enemy, I would still try to place or bury them in as respectful a manner as I could manage under the circumstances.. I think most of us would.

It probably was just a convenient place for her to leave the remains, with no particular disrespect intended, but I wonder if it WAS intended..
'Right into the trash with you little girl! '

I wish these thoughts wouldn't occur to me, but they do.

Sarah,
I wrote about this once before.I hope it helps.
After my son died we got a great children's book about death called The Light of Stars,by Phyllis Glowatsky .It's about a little girl who goes to the beach with her dog.Hundreds of starfish have washed up on shore and the girl spends all afternoon tossing them back,only to have them wash up again.
She's so sad as evening comes .She wanted to help the starfish.
Her dog begins to talk to her. He tells her the starfish began as stars in the night sky.They looked upon the earth and oceans,saw the dolphins and whales playing ,and wanted to join them.They became starfish.When it was time for them to return to their heavenly home they cast their earthly bodies aside.They were heavy and weighed them down.No longer needed their "bodies" washed up on shore,but as night fell ,the little girl could look up and see the true light of the stars shining down,even more beautiful than what was on left in the sand.
I am very much paraphrasing and going by memory,so my apologies to the author if I messed that up.
Once Caylee passed, the body was shed like an old suit.I mean no disrespect by that,but the real Caylee lives on ,and was not harmed by animals.Just hang on to that.
We got this book for our [then] 5 year old,but it was so beautifully done,it helped me ,also.

I am so sorry for your loss :(

Thank you for sharing that, it was beautiful and did help. I've tried to keep the same mindset that you have, and hang on to knowing that Caylee's spirit does live on, but reading that report shook me to the very core.
Thank you again for sharing that. :blowkiss:

While I knew that Caylee was murdered, reading the reports was heart-wrenching. It is hard to reconcile the beautiful little girl we've seen in photos and videos with the hard and ugly science.

She deserved so much better.

I hope with all of my heart, that Caylee didn't know what was happening to her when her life was taken from her. I hope that when the time came a benevolent entity came to her, surrounded her with love and gently carried her spirit to a place where she knows no unhappiness or pain, only love and light.

And I hope she is blissfully unaware of what is happening here on Earth, with her family.
She deserves to be free from all the ugliness.

I am somewhat immune to reading autopsy reports because I work in pathology, however, I became enraged reading this report. I was so angry and enraged I had to get up and walk away from my computer and take breaks. It was just too much for me. How a mother could do that to her child, I will never know. It just breaks my heart. I am waiting and waiting for a conviction of KC and I am really hoping she gets the death penalty.

Reading the reports has been horrible for all the reasons mentioned. I am grateful for them, because all put together, they will nail the killer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back