Emotional Toll

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh Kat...not doing great either. I know exactly how you feel.

I feel like there is no way to let her go, and honestly I don't think we should.

Been thinking about you both allot this weekend ( and FaerieB!) and sending all the warm fuzzy energy that I can (I don't have much!)

I don't feel that we should either, Oriah. Not until she can be returned home to Emily, whole... and ALL persons responsible for, and involved in the cover-up of-- this heinous crime, are put to justice.

THEN we can let her go to fly with the Angels.

Been thinking about you both allot this weekend ( and FaerieB!) and sending all the warm fuzzy energy that I can (I don't have much!)

I don't feel that we should either, Oriah. Not until she can be returned home to Emily, whole... and ALL persons responsible for, and involved in the cover-up of-- this heinous crime, are put to justice.

THEN we can let her go to fly with the Angels.

Noetic, I"ve got some extra warm fuzzy energy if you need it (insert warm fuzzy-love here...we need a dog with a cold nose and a wagging tail emoticom type thing... :)

If there isn't absolute and complete justice for this child after all is said and done, I don't know what I'll think about anything anymore. :(

Woke up cranky worried about that. I think I'll bake all day.

If AB gets to mosey on back to AU with NO accountability for ANYTHING, I will lose all faith in the justice system (especially local).

THEN, I will spontaneously combust of unbridled rage.

ETA: Been catching up on the HD case, too. OMG some people should never be allowed around computers!!

Woke up cranky worried about that. I think I'll bake all day.

If AB gets to mosey on back to AU with NO accountability for ANYTHING, I will lose all faith in the justice system (especially local).

THEN, I will spontaneously combust of unbridled rage.

ETA: Been catching up on the HD case, too. OMG some people should never be allowed around computers!!

I woke up cranky worried about that also.

(Oh wait- that would have meant I slept. But I can't, because Noetic you are so right- some people just should not be allowed around computers. Or children. Or both.)

My little guy's birthday party today (another tomorrow, and one on Tuesday, too - long story), so I am not around much these days.

I hope everyone is holding up, though. :grouphug:

Cake for all!

baby-shower-duck-cake.jpg

Birthdays are wonderful days, aren't they Duckie? Thank you for sharing. And thank you for loving your child so much that the joy of their birth is first and foremost to you.
Happy birthday, duckling! (Now I have Make Way for Ducklings in my head....) :)
Cake for all!

baby-shower-duck-cake.jpg

I bought a flat of little bottles of bubbles with wands for his daycare party tomorrow. The teachers will hate me for it, I think, but his party there should be barrels of fun.

24 three year olds blowing bubbles! I can't imagine the noise and magic of that. :)

I'm mostly just incredibly angry. And frustrated because I don't have the means to go search for the rest of this child myself. Need to let it go.

Now...how are YOU doing. Honestly.

Good morning, I understand the frustration for I am there also. Why hasn't there been a massive community search (including Lake Hickory/Catawba River)?

IMO someone knows where the rest of Zahra's remains are located and that someone is where my anger is being directed.

I have thought, more than once, about traveling to Hickory (my hometown) and searching myself.

I bought a flat of little bottles of bubbles with wands for his daycare party tomorrow. The teachers will hate me for it, I think, but his party there should be barrels of fun.

24 three year olds blowing bubbles! I can't imagine the noise and magic of that. :)

Add to the magic by throwing in 24 noise makers!

Good morning, I understand the frustration for I am there also. Why hasn't there been a massive community search (including Lake Hickory/Catawba River)?

IMO someone knows where the rest of Zahra's remains are located and that someone is where my anger is being directed.

I have thought, more than once, about traveling to Hickory (my hometown) and searching myself.

Right there with ya, Hickory Born.

Right there with ya, Hickory Born.

:nods in agreement: Me too. I'm only a few hours away from Hickory, and believe me, I've thought many times of driving over the mountain to have a looksie. I'm not foolish enough to assume I could find what LE hasn't been able to find, especially if remains are buried , but I still entertain the thought of going. To what end, I don't know.

:nods in agreement: Me too. I'm only a few hours away from Hickory, and believe me, I've thought many times of driving over the mountain to have a looksie. I'm not foolish enough to assume I could find what LE hasn't been able to find, especially if remains are buried , but I still entertain the thought of going. To what end, I don't know.

Yeah I agree, Mountain Kat. I'm not that foolish either, but buried remains can be found. And am very frustrated that it appears they have given up after 'finding' just enough to identify.

Yeah I agree, Mountain Kat. I'm not that foolish either, but buried remains can be found. And am very frustrated that it appears they have given up after 'finding' just enough to identify.

That grinds my gears too, Oriah! Settling for bits & pieces?

I still have the same knot in my gut that I did after LE went BACK to the Baker house to tape it off as a crime scene AFTER AB's little 'lets gather in a circle around the woodpile" vigil.

Then again SO MANY other times... how could they leave room for so many mistakes!!??

</end rant> and back to baking fattening things...

Me too, Oriah. I understand the money and manpower that would be needed to find remains when you haven't a clue where to even begin looking. What I don't understand is, at this point, why not ask the public for help? It's not as though LE can say, well, we've found enough to show cause of death, so we just have to let the rest go at this point. Do they have some evidence that suggests the rest of Zahra's remains have been destroyed and therefore can never be retrieved? Are they still actively looking for remains? If not, why not?

:waitasec:

That grinds my gears too, Oriah! Settling for bits & pieces?

I still have the same knot in my gut that I did after LE went BACK to the Baker house to tape it off as a crime scene AFTER AB's little 'lets gather in a circle around the woodpile" vigil.

Then again SO MANY other times... how could they leave room for so many mistakes!!??

</end rant> and back to baking fattening things...

Yeah, when I think about the belated taping of the house I feel the need to throw my kitchen aid against the wall. Glad you are actually being productive and producing actual food.

Looks like a good day for a big ole pot of soup :(

Attachments

• soup.gif
    soup.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 1
Me too, Oriah. I understand the money and manpower that would be needed to find remains when you haven't a clue where to even begin looking. What I don't understand is, at this point, why not ask the public for help? It's not as though LE can say, well, we've found enough to show cause of death, so we just have to let the rest go at this point. Do they have some evidence that suggests the rest of Zahra's remains have been destroyed and therefore can never be retrieved? Are they still actively looking for remains? If not, why not?

:waitasec:

I understand that too.
But really??
(And this not a bash against LE at all) but I would have a hard time looking anyone who loved this child in the eye, and saying 'we found what we could.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12
Back