Emotional Toll

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah baby, keep on piling those charges on!

I'm thrilled that they're still investigating, charging and indicting EB. Some days it's so hard to wait...others are a pleasant surprise.

Special note to EB: You will NEVER see the outside world again. For that I am grateful. But I'm still pizzed beyond belief that it took the world losing our precious Zahra for your evil to be uncovered. I've never been so sure that I hoped someone rotted...first on this earth and then in the hereafter.

Great news :clap: I've a feeling this will have a domino effect. I'm sure she didn't sell drugs all by her lonesome--oh and nobody around her noticed or partook with her-- in 4 years. Mmmmk. Some people got some splainin' to do!

Loose lips sink ships! Justice is coming sweet Zahra. :rose:

Hang in there friends! We need a good 'ol fashioned :pillowfight2:

Hope everyone is having a great week =)

FINALLY...Thank you Jesus...Waiting to exhale when the rest of them are charged. These charges date back to May 2006. That was long before she went to Austraila.

:great: :clap: :bow: :aktion: :highfive: :toast: :grouphug:

Each charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison, according to Anne M. Tompkins, U.S attorney for the Western District of North Carolina. The conspiracy to distribute and three counts of distribution and possession with intent to distribute also carry a fine of up to $1 million. The three counts of maintaining a place to distribute a controlled substance carries a fine of up to $250,000. Baker is facing $4.75 million in fines and 140 years in jail if she is convicted of all charges and receives the maximum punishment.

:woohoo: :skip: :party:

(snipped from http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2011/may/18/9/elisa-baker-indicted-7-federal-charges-ar-1045143/)

Wanted to share with you all that this past weekend there was a feature article with full front page pic of Zahra in the "Good Weekend" magazine that comes as a part of the Saturday edition of "The Age" newspaper (and associated interstate editions with titles such as Sydney Morning Herald) in Australia. The article was 5 pages (including the cover) and titled "Little Girl Lost" by Bernard Lagan. I admit that although he travelled to North Carolina to interview people (including Adam) there was nothing new in it's content that hasn't been discussed at length here on WS. These things, however would not all be known in broader circles, so the article will have serve a valuable role in furthering knowledge of the case. The story was predictable sad, but not what I would call brilliantly researched (there were some small errors), but it is still heartening to know that Zahra continues to be so loved, and her life has caused such grief and heartache that they will still dedicate so much high profile space to her memory and her story.

Zahra will always be remembered by Australians, along with the other little angels who have lived similarly tragic lives. There is huge support for justice in her case in Australia.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to everyone here who REFUSES to let Zahra's case go cold - complete justice MUST be served!!! I have been busy in real life and over in the Long Island Serial Killer case...... I am SO, SO glad to hop over here and know that you guys and gals are carrying Zahra's bright torch forward. Thanks to each and every one of you for still being here, and still staying on top of things.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to everyone here who REFUSES to let Zahra's case go cold - complete justice MUST be served!!! I have been busy in real life and over in the Long Island Serial Killer case...... I am SO, SO glad to hop over here and know that you guys and gals are carrying Zahra's bright torch forward. Thanks to each and every one of you for still being here, and still staying on top of things.

Bright blessings to you Reannan ;)

Caylee's case has been such a heart-wrenching roller coaster of emotions for all who follow these past few weeks. I cannot imagine what we're in store for, for sweet Zahra. But whatever it is I know we're all ready to see justice DONE. And I'll never let up until it is. I don't post much lately because of my summer school, and my kiddos activities--but I have gone nowhere. Awaiting justice for Caylee Marie, Then it's sweet Zahara's turn.

I hope everyone is having a peaceful Sunday!

:grouphug:

And another month is almost past us...

Observing the ICA trial's circus acts this month REALLY makes me afraid of what this one may be like. I don't look forward to it at all. Just had to vent.

+ bumping for Zahra

:seeya:

I have faith that the Hickory PD have done a good job, and there will be justice for Zahra. Between this, Shaniya and Caylee these have taken a toll on me. If we ever get these done, I need to take a LONG break, and forget the others for awhile I have followed. Not because they are less important. But because I am drained and in trouble here.

My only hope is that EB isn't nearly as bright as ICA thinks she is and that She and AB turn on each other like rabid dogs.

I have faith that the Hickory PD have done a good job, and there will be justice for Zahra. Between this, Shaniya and Caylee these have taken a toll on me. If we ever get these done, I need to take a LONG break, and forget the others for awhile I have followed. Not because they are less important. But because I am drained and in trouble here.

Aww Carolina Girl..it is so hard to know what happened to these precious children and to watch the "wheels of justice" and realize that the main objective is to somehow find a loophole for their murderers to go free.

But rest assured, at least in Zahra's case, they've got enough charges on at least EB to keep her in jail for the rest of her natural life.

Hope you do get a chance to have a break when the trial for Caylee's justice is done.

Oh, big hugs Carolina Girl......:blowkiss:
We all feel your pain, it has been such an emotional roller coaster. If you need to take a break, we will all completely understand; and we will all be here for you when you are refueled up on joy, and not immersed in the terrible sadness that these cases have brought down on us all. Despite the evil that sometimes seems to haunt around every corner, this world is a beautiful place, for it also has people like you in it!

We will find justice for these babies! And we will continue to crack away at each corner of evil, until there is no need for another Emotional Toll thread.

Peace, my friends. Group hug!

Oh Zahra.. after poor Caylee's travesty of justice today... I've completely lost my faith. I need your ineffable strength today. You. Must. Receive. Justice.

what is happening to this world?

:cry:

I cannot seem to get hold of myself tonight. What do todays events mean for our little Zahra, our Kyron, our haleigh? I am so disheartened, I dont know how to go on having faith in something as intangible as "justice" for our angels in light of todays verdict on Caylees case.

I'm at the same place. It is so hard to get justice for the little ones, or even find some of them. It's so tough emotionally. I'm thinking I may have to take a break from the cases to keep my sanity.

My sweet angel Zahra,

My soul is shattered. I have not felt this pain, anger and despair since I found out the horrors you suffered.

I don't know where to turn. I can't even bring myself to visit Caylee's forum, where I've been a regular visitor for three years, because it will just keep me in the pit of this darkness that I'm struggling so hard to get out of.

I put my faith in the justice system and it was totally destroyed. I vow to do my best to ensure that your case doesn't suffer the same fate.

I love you. I love Caylee. I'm sure you're together in a far more beautiful, just and fair place than this world will ever hope to be.

me

I'm such a mess. I will lay down and pray for all of us to find the strength and courage to keep going on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12
Back