UK Eudine, 6, last seen playing alone at Defence Close Thamesmead London, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I used to live in SE London for 20 years and it's not unusual for little kids to be allowed to run around on their own all day. So that would explain why no one took any notice and why she was still in her pyjamas and wasn't reported missing until many hours later. But I don't think I can remember anyone going missing like this before. Several road accidents though. I wonder too what else was on the cctv. Did they see her walking to the river? I'm guessing if a car pulled up they would have asked for the driver to come forward. Hope she just went to a friends house and is found safe today!

Strange amount of hours to be missing and not reported. Personally, I have a 5 YO and along with all the other parents in the street we do not allow them to play alone. Everyone is different. I see kids at 6 wandering around all the time in Edinburgh - I don’t stop the car. She also could be closer to 7. Hope she is found safe and well.

Alarm bells are ringing though, but sitting on my hands for now.

As time goes on I think the possibilities are

- she was out playing, went home and something happened at home which the parents are covering up (very similar has happened several times)

- someone who meant her harm found her

- she’s in the Thames or another accident has happened

- she’s still hiding, but that seems unlikely.

Extremely concerning. Looks like she has left the house before getting dressed, she could have been out hours before the CCTV footage. The most worrying part is that she wasn't reported missing until later that night. It's summer holidays, so a few things come to mind, she is from a large busy chaotic family and was thought to be with another family member, was in the care of a baby sitter or older sibling or was left home alone whilst parents were at work. I can't understand how you wouldn't notice a 6 year old missing before evening otherwise....unless this is a case of serious neglect/abuse. All moo.

Hope she is found safe today. There's so many negative outcomes with her gone for so long, but hopefully she is just lost somewhere :(

Police have made an urgent appeal to find a six-year-old who went missing in Greenwich, London. Eudine was reported missing from the Thamesmead Estate on Monday 29 July at 10.40pm, the Metropolitan Police said.

She was captured on CCTV walking alone in Defence Close, Thamesmead at around midday.

Local people in Thamesmead and nearby areas are asked to check gardens, sheds and locked areas, as well as any CCTV or doorbell footage. Eudine is between 3’6” and 4’ tall and is thought to be wearing a light pink, long sleeved pyjama set. She also had with her a white shoulder bag with a daisy design.
"She then continues to walk along the pavement, though appears to stumble often as she walks."

I noticed that too, but then I wondered if she was trying to balance on a kerb edge or something.

Is she holding a phone in her hands? It looks like a phone. She has it quite near her to her face as if she is messaging or on a FaceTime call?

Is she holding a phone in her hands? It looks like a phone. She has it quite near her to her face as if she is messaging or on a FaceTime call?
The police said she was carrying a white shoulder bag with a daisy design, no mention of a phone.

Very worried about this little one.

If you look on Google (satellite view) maps at the direction she was walking (on Defence close) on the cctv, it leads to a high fence and in effect a dead end so presumably she turned around again and headed back in the direction she came from? The Google map image was last updated 5 years ago though, so it’s possible the layout has since changed.

Google Earth shows the area to be more open than that now. Certainly if she has turned right, within about 100 metres she can be on the footpath which follows the river for miles. Luckily there is a largely impenetrable vegetation barrier between the path and the river, although there are gaps in places.

The still image of her shown in this article, before you click play on the video, is clearly taken in a different location.

'Urgent' search under way for missing six-year-old girl in southeast London
If you look at Defence Close on Google Maps, you'll notice the same pattern of paving (dark slabs, interspersed with lighter ones) as can be seen in the still. I agree the still isn't *exactly* the same location as the video, but I think it's very, very close by. I think the still is taken from a ring doorbell nearby, and I imagine they haven't yet got clearance to release the video. In the still, you can also see a dash of blue on the side - I think this is the blue lid of a dustbin on the street (which you'll see on Google Maps).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 09.45.39.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 09.45.39.png
    483.7 KB · Views: 0
Well thank goodness. And how lucky are her family? This heat alone is dangerous enough right now. Let’s hope the authorities make sure she is being looked after safely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back