Evelyn Wanek

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Uhmm.. I agree with you Cubby. Where did this photo originate from? I found this:
L.W.
City: Encinitas CA- United States of America
Offering: Private Lessons, Performing, Special Events, Recording
Lessons: violin, piano
Music: classical, celtic, fiddle

http://www.privatelessons.com/daypoint/media/editsnapshot.asp?mode=view&showmail=true&userid=5156

She's tiny. Imo, either the kid is off the charts on the growth charts, or more likely, he is an average size child and she doesn't look like she is more than 6"-7" or so taller than him. -

Annasmom, was anyone in GW's family tiny? I know in the past we thought Anna would be taller, but honestly, I've seen in families it can go both ways with ancesters well below and well above average hts. It's just the pick of the genes, so it is possible Anna could have grown up to be a tiny petite adult.

ETA: This woman is in the San Diego area. IIRC, Evelyn Wanek was in the SD area also..... not that it necessarily means they are related, but still a step in the right direction.

Can someone who has the ancestry stuff see if they can link this woman to Evelyns family tree?

Annasmom,

remember a long time ago I asked if you happen to have Annas medical records or baby book around and I asked if you have her ht for her 2nd birthday?

My adult ht is almost exactly double my ht at my 2 yr check up. (Yes, I still have my baby book.) I was taller as a child, 5"2" by the time I was 10, but am just under 5'6" now.

If you happen to have it easily available, or when you have time, it might be worth checking Annas 2 yr ht, and doubling it for a somewhat scientific estimate of her adult ht.

Also, the other measure they use to determine within 2" of adult ht, is to take both the mothers adult ht. and the fathers adult ht. Add them and then divide them by 2 for a boy. Dang I am gonna have to go find the calculations for a girl and see if they are the same.

Annasmom,

remember a long time ago I asked if you happen to have Annas medical records or baby book around and I asked if you have her ht for her 2nd birthday?

My adult ht is almost exactly double my ht at my 2 yr check up. (Yes, I still have my baby book.) I was taller as a child, 5"2" by the time I was 10, but am just under 5'6" now.

If you happen to have it easily available, or when you have time, it might be worth checking Annas 2 yr ht, and doubling it for a somewhat scientific estimate of her adult ht.

Also, the other measure they use to determine within 2" of adult ht, is to take both the mothers adult ht. and the fathers adult ht. Add them and then divide them by 2 for a boy. Dang I am gonna have to go find the calculations for a girl and see if they are the same.

Hi Cubby,

When my girls were little, the "rule of thumb" for adult height was, take a boy's height at 2 and double it and a girl's height at 18 months and double it and that would give you a rough idea of what their adult height would be. This did not prove to be true with my girls.

The other measure you pointed out also doesn't work in my family as my Mum was 5'2" and my Dad 5' 10", this does work out for my 2 sisters that are both 5' 4" (or 5") yet I am only 5' 2" (and that's when I stand up really tall and straight).

It really is difficult to judge a child's adult height.

I did spend some time on ancestry yesterday and nothing really jumped out at me. Does anyone know what this lady's middle name is? That would make it easier research her on ancestry.

You're right, you refreshed my memory, I think it was 18 mo's. Whatever it was, it was right on the money for my adult ht.

I will pm you the middle name.

I just did the integrascan check..... her birth year is 1970. Could be she is too young to be Anna.

integrascan.com a background search engine which lists addresses for potential search free, as an option to verify the user has the right person they are searching.

integrascan.com a background search engine which lists addresses for potential search free, as an option to verify the user has the right person they are searching.

I see, thanks. I am not sure what other people would say about her age, in my opinion, I think that 1970 is close enough to 1967 to consider. Let's say the W's adopted Anna, they could have changed her birth year, it's not a far fetched idea considering the magnitude of this entire situation we're dealing with here. The only thing is they can't change a birth certificate, she must have one, in that regard I'm stumped....

Uhmm...

I see, thanks. I am not sure what other people would say about her age, in my opinion, I think that 1970 is close enough to 1967 to consider. Let's say the W's adopted Anna, they could have changed her birth year, it's not a far fetched idea considering the magnitude of this entire situation we're dealing with here. The only thing is they can't change a birth certificate, she must have one, in that regard I'm stumped....

Uhmm...

I agree, 1970 is close enough for me. As we've discussed before, they could have got a fake birth cert for her.

Is there any way to do a search to find out if she has a SSN? And if so does that give any details of age etc?

I agree, 1970 is close enough for me. As we've discussed before, they could have got a fake birth cert for her.

Is there any way to do a search to find out if she has a SSN? And if so does that give any details of age etc?

Veromi ~
Looking at L.W. in Veromi, potential parents are now 68 and 69 yrs old, in 1973, they would have been 29ish... we have to somehow link L to Evelyn because that is the initial connection unless Evelyn passed her on to other Waneks..

Is there anyone who can put a side by side photo of Anna and L on here?

Veromi ~
Looking at L.W. in Veromi, potential parents are now 68 and 69 yrs old, in 1973, they would have been 29ish... we have to somehow link L to Evelyn because that is the initial connection unless Evelyn passed her on to other Waneks..

Is there anyone who can put a side by side photo of Anna and L on here?

Hi SideKick,

What are the parents names. PM me if you don't want to post them. I can check them on ancestry.

Hi SideKick,

What are the parents names. PM me if you don't want to post them. I can check them on ancestry.

Just to confirm, is this the same L.W. I posted earlier, the musician in the vintage strings band?

Just to confirm, is this the same L Wanek I posted earlier, the musician in the vintage strings band?

Hi SideKick,

Yes, it's the L.W. from vintage strings that we are looking at but the pic you posted looks to be a different person. Where did you get that pic from? Have you looked at the pic that Raf posted the link to? And also the pic on vintage strings website.

Hi SideKick,

Yes, it's the L.W. from vintage strings that we are looking at but the pic you posted looks to be a different person. Where did you get that pic from? Have you looked at the pic that Raf posted the link to? And also the pic on vintage strings website.

Ozziemum, yes I looked at both but they didn't look the same to me therefore my question. I thought the L in the band had bangs and glasses, but I'll look again. Busy season!! LOL

Thank you! x

WebSleuths, all the Wanek stuff is coming up on Google search, so I recommend that we refer to this young woman by her initials only. I have found one post in which she recalls kindergarten memories; she apparently has brothers and sometimes wears glasses. She is registered for an August wedding. Until we get some possible link to Evelyn, it seems that it's unlikely that she would be Anna, but wouldn't it be fantastic if she was? Regarding height: You can't really tell from the photo's perspective. In pictures of her playing, she appears to be average height, about 5'6", which would fit with the family profile (average to tall).

You are right Annasmom. I will notify a mod so they can edit the full name out to initials only. We should have done that to begin with.......

WebSleuths, all the Wanek stuff is coming up on Google search, so I recommend that we refer to this young woman by her initials only. I have found one post in which she recalls kindergarten memories; she apparently has brothers and sometimes wears glasses. She is registered for an August wedding. Until we get some possible link to Evelyn, it seems that it's unlikely that she would be Anna, but wouldn't it be fantastic if she was? Regarding height: You can't really tell from the photo's perspective. In pictures of her playing, she appears to be average height, about 5'6", which would fit with the family profile (average to tall).

Good call Annasmom. I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

Ozziemum, yes I looked at both but they didn't look the same to me therefore my question. I thought the L in the band had bangs and glasses, but I'll look again. Busy season!! LOL

Thank you! x

Hi SideKick,

I got a bit confused with the photo's. I researched LW all day yesterday and also went back and re-read this entire thread. I think the photo of LW on the vintage strings website and the photo of LW the teacher are the same person. I think the photo on vintage strings may have been taken some time ago, when she was younger. I was getting confused with the photo of the lady ruled out (the one we thought had blue eyes).

I did find the parents, PM and PL on ancestry (marriage record) but just to add to the confusion, there is another LW (LRW) who is a lawyer in the same area and I haven't been able to verify if PM and PL are her parents or the parents of the LW we are looking at.

Interestedwoman posted some fantastic info early in this thread (post #10) and I looked up all of the people in the post on ancestry. There is no one that Evelyn could have given Anna to in her immediate family and have her retain the surname of Wanek. Evelyn only had 2 sisters, Florance and Lorreta. I can't find anything to show that Florance ever got married and had children. Lorreta did get married and had 2 children but if Anna was given to one of them her surname would not be Wanek.

The only way I can see that Anna would have the surname of Wanek would be if she was given to a son of a brother to Evelyn's father (or some other more distant relative). So far, I have not been able to confirm what siblings Evelyn's father had, but I will keep looking.

Bottom line is that I can't find any way to link LW to Evelyn and I think the only way this is going to be possible is to contact LW and ask her.

thanks Ozziemum,...

I'd like to add to your theory. The possibility still exists that Anna could have been given to a single mother and retained the mothers surname. I'm a single mom and my son has my last name, not his dads last name........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator
Back