Evidence -- Body, Blood, Clothes, etc.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Probably not that important, but I wonder where they found her swipe card?

I've wondered that, too, because I think if I'd been him, I would have taken it and swiped around the building.

This article, published this morning, says he broke her bones getting her into the space, that he used her card in addition to his to walk around the building (? contrary to what we've heard before), and that he accidentally tripped the alarm with one of the swipe cards. Take with however many grains of salt you see fit, considering the source:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/slain_grad_bones_broken_m4kbEBcSjtrH2luFH8HrtI

Why were the LE there before AL was declared missing-for another reason? or are they called when there is a fire alarm?

sad they didn't put two and two together the moment they heard she was missing

This article, published this morning, says he broke her bones getting her into the space, that he used her card in addition to his to walk around the building (? contrary to what we've heard before), and that he accidentally tripped the alarm with one of the swipe cards. Take with however many grains of salt you see fit, considering the source:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/slain_grad_bones_broken_m4kbEBcSjtrH2luFH8HrtI

Thank you Ski!! More detail from the article:

Le's body, the source said, was found in a utility space in a bathroom wall near the basement lab where she had been working the day she vanished.

The space where Le was found -- 8 inches deep and covered by a metal panel "the size of a computer screen" -- houses a vertical and a horizontal water pipe.

Her killer had to maneuver her body around the pipes, according to the source.

Is there any picture of Annie with her engagement ring? A nice, big, solitaire stone maybe? Set in prongs??? They would make really nice, deep, scratches. And you couldn't have forced me to take my ring off five days before my wedding - :twocents: She was dressed in regular clothing when she entered the building. I see no reason not to think she was wearing her ring. Does anyone know if the scratches were more on one side of RC, say his right side??

As far as the shoe covers go, that requirement is in place to prevent cross-contamination from one lab to another, and to prevent the spread of disease. It is for everyone's best interest. Considering what they were doing down there, I'm glad someone is/was a little anal about it. Everyone who works there knows they should have them on and why. If RC was having to ride people about it, I can see why he would be P.O.'ed about it. If the researchers where that bright, they should have been able to understand the need to control contamination without the lab tech having to remind them. :twocents:

The New Haven police chief made a statement today specifically denying that AL's body was mangled to fit it into the wall. He also said that they are done with their investigation - this has got to be the fastest homicide investigation I've ever heard of.

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...tigation-over-chief-says-0921,0,2304773.story

The New York Post reported: "The space where Le was found -- 8 inches deep and covered by a metal panel "the size of a computer screen" -- houses a vertical and a horizontal water pipe. Her killer had to maneuver her body around the pipes, according to the source."

I'd have to ask the New Haven police chief is he needs glasses or a dictionary!

I'd have to ask the New Haven police chief is he needs glasses or a dictionary!

Or maybe the space is bigger/more accessible than the NY Post is reporting?

The card swipe thing bothers me, because anyone can use it. If there was a pass code required, then it would be difficult to fake that. But if Clark was the one who killed her, and he's a lab tech, he'd clearly know about the tracking of card use. It still doesn't explain how he was able to kill someone and move the body to another location without anyone hearing or seeing anything. They make it sound like they were all alone down there, when there must have been a lot of people. They would have seen something, even blood or broken equipment, if not some screaming and yelling. Then to conceal the body, it would have required even more time alone, which he wouldn't have had that same day. By the next day, he wouldn't have had any chance whatsoever. So maybe the hiding occurred overnight.

They say his card was swiped during the night. But they don't mention if he was seen on video entering the lab area. Wouldn't they have said that by now? You only hear about him entering the morning, and seen leaving at the alarm.

Or maybe the space is bigger/more accessible than the NY Post is reporting?

Discussions from Nancy Grace regarding the space where Le was found... (see links for full names of discussants).

From Nancy Grace 9/17/09
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/17/ng.01.html

"GRACE: Dr. M. Bell, I`m going to have to go back to you, although you were a little vague when I asked you the first time. You started talking about suitcases. How can you get a human body in a 24-inch space?

BELL: Well, she is rather petite, I believe under five foot, less than 100 pounds.

GRACE: Yes.

BELL: You just keep pushing and pushing until it fits.

GRACE: OK. "

From Nancy Grace 09/21/09
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/21/ng.01.html

"Dr. G. Feigin, out of New Jersey. Dr. Feigin, how would you put a woman`s body in a spot that`s reportedly two by two if you don`t mangle and break the bones?

FEIGIN: You can`t put a square peg into a round hole. And you have to make it fit. Usually, the shoulders are the widest part of the body, and it has to be manipulated either by fracturing or squeezing, one way or another, to get into a small opening.

GRACE: T. Kaplan with the "Yale Daily News," what can you tell us, T.?

T. KAPLAN, EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, YALE DAILY NEWS, NEWSPAPER BROKE STORY OF MISSING YALE STUDENT: Well, the state`s attorney actually took a very unusual step today in instructing the police to speak publicly about this and shoot down this report.

We know there actually were a couple of other inaccuracies in the "New York Post" report. The story also said that Raymond Clark triggered the fire alarm himself accidentally. The police told us today on the record that the false alarm was not triggered by Raymond Clark and had nothing at all to do with the murder.

GRACE: Just last week they suggested that he did trigger it.

To D. Altimari with the "Hartford Courant." D., they left the crime scene open for days. In fact, the "Yale Daily News" reporters -- photographers actually got down in the basement and looked around.

D. ALTIMARI, REPORTER, HARTFORD COURANT, COVERING STORY (via phone): Yes, they did.

GRACE: So what`s the truth? How big is the opening in which her body was hidden?

ALTIMARI: It`s about two feet, Nancy. The problem today is her bones were not broken. She was stuffed into the tiny crawl space. It`s in a -- it was behind, in a mechanical room near a bathroom. The -- it took police five days to find her because they couldn`t really bring the dogs down there initially because there are, my understanding is, literally thousands of mice and rats down there and it was difficult for the dogs to do any searching.

So it took until the body started decomposing.

GRACE: Right.

ALTIMARI: . for the dogs to be able to hit on the spot where she was found. "

I understood it (in other reports) to be approximately 2'. :waitasec: MOO

I'm not as small as Annie, and I could easily fit in a space that was two feet wide. I don't think we know for sure how tall the space is. I would imagine that if it's like other buildings on campus, it's made so that electricians and other tradespeople can get in fairly easily and do work on the mechanicals without having to tear apart the walls. The ones like that that I've seen (in a new building several blocks away) aren't particularly small, though you would have to maneuver around the wires and pipes to work on something specific in there.

The V-neck on these scrubs look pretty low especially if no undershirts are worn. A nail scratching and angling downward would go across his chest. The scratches on his back are perplexing to me. The idea of the engagement ring causing the scratches is food for thought.

image5314764.jpg

photo from page 4 of this link: http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/09/16/crimesider/photoessay5314972_1_4_photo.shtml?tag=page

(Note: I wonder if that is the infamous green pen in his pocket?)

The card swipe thing bothers me, because anyone can use it. If there was a pass code required, then it would be difficult to fake that. But if Clark was the one who killed her, and he's a lab tech, he'd clearly know about the tracking of card use. It still doesn't explain how he was able to kill someone and move the body to another location without anyone hearing or seeing anything. They make it sound like they were all alone down there, when there must have been a lot of people. They would have seen something, even blood or broken equipment, if not some screaming and yelling. Then to conceal the body, it would have required even more time alone, which he wouldn't have had that same day. By the next day, he wouldn't have had any chance whatsoever. So maybe the hiding occurred overnight.

They say his card was swiped during the night. But they don't mention if he was seen on video entering the lab area. Wouldn't they have said that by now? You only hear about him entering the morning, and seen leaving at the alarm.

If RC's card had been lost or stolen then it seems likely that he would have immediately reported it missing and asked for a new one. Otherwise, how did he get into work every day? Also, I'm not convinced he knew that the card swipes could be traced. I think he overlooked that possibility.

In addition to stealing his ID card, someone would have needed to steal his cell phone… as well as his green pen.

"Investigators have gathered more than 250 pieces of evidence in the case, sources told ABC News, including text messages exchanged between Clark and Le arranging to meet on the day she disappeared."

http://a.abcnews.com/m/screen?id=8598755&pid=248

I wonder about her engagement ring.

If it was left on her body, it would have his DNA probably on it. If he stole it off her body, I wonder where he put it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919
Back