EVIDENCE - Pro and Con #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did KT ever explainthe nearly 5 minute phone call from Heather's phone to SM's when she was at PT Landing? He said the first time the spoke it was to tell her to stop calling him but I don't remember him explaining the second one.

No, he didn't.

Did KT ever explain the nearly 5 minute phone call from Heather's phone to SM's when she was at PT Landing? He said the first time they spoke it was to tell her to stop calling him but I don't remember him explaining the second one.

No, KT didn't defend that one - except maybe I'm crazy, but do I remember in closing arguments him saying something about it possibly being TM arranging a meeting with HE and them getting together and [emoji769] saying Sidney is a$$hole? I was listening to the audio while driving my daughter to/from camp so I might be wrong. I'll need to YouTube it.

No, KT didn't defend that one - except maybe I'm crazy, but do I remember in closing arguments him saying something about it possibly being TM arranging a meeting with HE and them getting together and [emoji769] saying Sidney is a$$hole? I was listening to the audio while driving my daughter to/from camp so I might be wrong. I'll need to YouTube it.

He did say that and said maybe Heather met TM at Long Beards for a drink, as if they are open at 2am. He was all over the place, imo.

All this talk about Wal-Mart got me wondering . . . why that Wal-Mart? The one in Surfside is about 4 miles closer to their house. So if he was going out to get a pregnancy test for his wife in the middle of the night, why would he drive farther than necessary? Come to think of it, why would he need to buy a pregnancy test for his wife in the middle of the night at all? Why couldn't it wait until the next morning? Or are we now believing the story that he was out working that night?

I think to understand the signifigance of the phone calls, one would need to know more about Heather's phone habits prior to that morning. And SM's phone habits prior to the week it was off. DId Heather normally stay on her phone between 1 - 3 in the morning ? Did she normally text or call other people during 1-3 in the morning ? Was she normally on social media at that time of morning ? Did she normally drive around at that time of morning ?

Did SM use his phone every day prior to turning it off ? Did he use his phone at all hours of the night ? Did he use his cell phone after the 18th ? ( I don't recall LE confiscating his phone till Feb..but could be wrong about that ) What did he use in place of his cell phone the week it was turned off ?

I seem to recall during the trial that LE developed information that SM had been at Walmart. I wonder how? It wasn't because of a debit/credit card transaction.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There was a receipt entered into evidence but I didn't catch if it was generated by Walmart or found in their messy house. If in their house, then the PT test should have been there also.
Someone on another thread noted that the cheap Walmart PT test is messy to use and doubtful that TM would want that particular test. I agree. She would have told him what to get and it would have been an easy, reliable one, not the cheapest possible.

There was a receipt entered into evidence but I didn't catch if it was generated by Walmart or found in their messy house. If in their house, then the PT test should have been there also.
Someone on another thread noted that the cheap Walmart PT test is messy to use and doubtful that TM would want that particular test. I agree. She would have told him what to get and it would have been an easy, reliable one, not the cheapest possible.

It was a Bi-Lo receipt and never brought up in trial. It was just mentioned on the search warrant I believe.

Thanks to Madeline:

• The phone calls and times are fact.
  • The videos and times are fact.
  • The shopping at Walmart, what was purchased, by whom, and the time for that is fact.
  • The date Sid bought the new truck is fact.
  • The features of that new F150 are fact.
  • Heather thinking she might be pregnant due to sudden weight gain is fact (unless you think she was lying to all her friends)
  • Heather being on a date that Dec 17th night is fact.
  • Picture of Heather taken as she learned to drive stick shift is fact.
  • Heather being home in time to receive that 1:35am call from SM on pay phone is fact.
  • Heather receiving pictures of SM and someone engaged sexual conduct is fact.
  • Heather receiving multiple calls and harassing texts is fact.
  • SM calling Heather's cell phone around 1:35am from that pay phone is fact.
  • SM parking his black truck behind some dumpsters/bushes and walking through them and up to the pay phone is fact
  • The movement of HE's phone and the movement of her vehicle ending up at PTL is fact.
  • The DVR/security system being removed and a new one being purchased by the M's is fact.
  • The 'black box' SYNC system not having data for Dec 18th is fact.
  • Heather calling Bri at 1:44am is fact.
  • Heather's vehicle spotted at PTL around 4:15am Dec 18th by an office on duty is fact
  • Heather never being seen or heard from again is fact
  • Heather's phone never connecting to any tower again after 3:41am Dec 18th is fact
  • A black truck matching the description of the F150 appearing on security video twice the morning of Dec 18 and analyzed by a known and regarded expert to match the physical characteristics of SM's truck is fact.
  • A black truck matching SM's truck driving by a neighbor's security camera around 3:50am* Dec 18 (*corrected for EST instead of DST) is fact.

But wait there's more:

• Sidney lying more than a couple times to police during their investigation of a missing person is fact (and it's on audio as well)
  • Sidney locking his truck upon exiting and taking the remote/key with him while at Walmart and then unlocking it upon return is fact (and is seen on video).
  • Movement of Heather's phone is fact (and is corroborated by GPS and/or Google locations at every point.)
  • Heather's phone never before pinging from the tower near PTL until Dec 18 2013 is fact.
  • Heather moving in with Bri and the time frame of that happening is fact.
  • Heather interviewing for a new job and getting that new job is fact.
  • Heather posting on social media and date/times of that is fact.
  • SM & TM being on a trip to CA for upwards of 3 weeks is fact.
  • SM's phone pinging off various towers as they travel is fact.
  • SM's phone being powered off or unable to transmit at various times is fact.
  • SM's phone being powered on and connecting to towers at various dates/times is fact.
  • Phone call dates/times/duration/towers pinged are fact.
  • Location of phone(s) while phone calls made/received are fact (towers pinged + GPS + Google Locations when available)

Just showing what type of "cigar" was being purchased. It's in the details (as it should be in a case such as this IMO)!

If I was an "expecting father", I certainly wouldn't purchase a "real" cigar from Wal-Mart.

SLED Agent said that SM purchased a "cigar-like cigarette". Whatever that is.

A pregnancy test - $0.88
LTL Cigar - $3.63
SUBTOTAL: $4.51
TAX: $0.41
TOTAL: $4.92

Most Google searches for LTL points to Swisher brand and a few other brands with a quick search. (aka little cigars).

13:41 - https://youtu.be/HqMQmSul1j4?list=PLR2JAGZzf3U29fLzrfr5Wi6WCGE48Nqel
Also, not saying the "cigar" purchase was not a cigar, but screen-cap really looks like a pack of Marlboro Reds or newer 72's to me. :thinking:

de9nxd.jpg

Swisher Sweets!

3ba408ca056f39655920f90e5fc4e5bd.jpg

That def implies they were purchased for marijuana use. IMO

ETA: The time lapse between the purchase at Walmart and the phone call might have been used to roll the blunt and smoke it (or part of it). Maybe to ease his nerves about calling and setting things in motion?

Thanks cujenne and PeterThomasFan

SM's Dec 20 interview transcribed from the poor audio. May not be exact. This is the source of SM's obstruction charges.

KC- Hi there I'm officer Canterbury what's your name sir?
Sidney- Sidney. I know why you're here. At least it's assuming to know why you're here. Got your voicemail I was getting ready to call you back.
KC -what's your relationship with Heather Elvis?
Sidney- there is no relationship there was a relationship and I broke it off. The other night called my phone, blew it up like...
KC -stop you right there and let you look it over. Already got phone records for the last month. 360 something texts between your phone number and her phone number.
Sidney- I can tell you what happen my wife is the only one with my phone. I'll be honest, my wife found out I ended it because we both said this ain't right, this ain't right for our kids. So we decided to patch it up. My wife actually took my phone and put a lock on it. I will show you this is the last message I sent to her and a . is what she sent back. I talked to her either last night or the night before I can't remember.
KC- if we find out you're lying and you're hindering an investigation we need to find her.
Sidney -First time she called I didn't answer then the second time I answered and told her not to call anymore she said fine *advertiser censored** it and she hung up.
KC- that's all she said was *advertiser censored** it and hung up?
Sidney yes.
KC- (inaudible)
Sidney- I have no idea I don't know where she was when she called look I'm trying to fix things with my wife family and keep things like they're supposed to be and go on.
KC- I was just told that her dad called?
Sidney -yes and I actually have text messages where he was like return this call immediately I won't ask you again where Heather is but I want you to know I'm going to get answers. Then he called me. I answered he said “but you have kids you better watch (inaudible) or I'll find you”. I have a loaded gun sitting by my bed in the house if someone comes in the house they're not going to leave house.
KC -he's just trying to find his daughter
Sidney -I'm not denying me and her having a relationship but I ended it. We were getting ready to go on vacation and all the s*** hit the fan. I said look this is gotta stop, its gotta end. Went on vacation, went to Disneyland the whole thing came back, while we were out there we did a lot of talking sitting in the car she, cried I cried, she smacked me a few times I didn't hit her back, but it doesn't matter she smacked me a couple times whatever, we kind of worked it out.
KC- when did you say you got back from out of town?
Sidney- two weeks ago something like that last had sex with her end of October.
KC- Where were you at this Wednesday? Give me a brief rundown of what you did.
Sidney- straightened up in the yard, work Wednesday night at Sticky Fingers...
KC - in the morning time like two or something. Where were you when she was trying to call you?
Sidney- we were in the bed. Me and my wife were in the bed.
KC- did you at any point go down around the Peachtree landing area?
Sidney- no.
KC - so nothing is going to show up on you and that area? We pull the track records where your phone's been it didn't go anywhere near Peachtree Landing?
Sidney- no
KC - just spoke to the Dad and I just let him know you must have called the police. Said he 's just worried, doesn't know where she is so we're good on that?
Sidney- yeah as long as he doesn't show up we're fine, I mean I understand.
KC he's not going to show up you know of any other boyfriend she had trouble with?
Sidney -all I know is that she dated one of the beer guys at the Tilted Kilt and that's it.
KC - drivers for the beer company?
Sidney yes.
KC- which one?
Sidney think it's better brands I wouldn't swear on it.
KC - how old is he?
Sidney- I have no idea, don't know if they have to be 21 to drive I think they do.
KC- have you heard his name before?
Sidney - Ahhh no never heard his name.
KC- she never talked to you about him?
Sidney- no it's just someone was giving me s*** one day in there because... I think some people knew we were trying to see each other.
KC- you still working at the Tilted Kilt?
Sidney- No. When all the s*** hit the fan I called and said look I can't work here anymore. My wife doesn't want me working here anymore.
KC- okay appreciate it.
Sidney- not a problem.

http://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article85452457.html

A message from Elvis’ phone replied back: “You knew what you were doing. It was no mistake. I understand that this can’t go on anymore. I just want to know that your wife isn’t going to show up at my job.”
Another message that followed from Elvis’ cellphone said: “I lost hours today because they sent me home after she kept calling.”
Sidney Moorer’s cellphone replied that Tammy Moorer had a boyfriend and didn’t care about Elvis, but was mad at him for lying, according to records shown in court.

Some recovered messages, according to Perry’s testimony, said: “I’ve been having Sidney followed since January 2012.” Another message stated: “I’ll give you one last chance to answer me before we meet in person. Only one,” according to Perry’s report.
“Hey Sweetie, you ready to meet the missus,” another message from Moorer’s phone said, according to Perry’s report.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32279...y-about-texts-between-defendants-elvis-phones
During his short testimony, he indicated he works at Beach Ford and that Moorer purchased a black four-door Ford F150 on Nov. 8, 2013.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32270...ipt-shows-sidney-moorer-bought-pregnancy-test
she noticed the girl was gaining weight, which led to Elvis eventually taking a pregnancy test. That test, the witness added, came up as an error.

He told the jury he and Elvis went on a date on Dec. 17, 2013, that included dinner at Banditos restaurant in Myrtle Beach, some time spent teaching her to drive a stick shift vehicle in an empty mall parking lot and watching a movie at his mother's house, where he was staying. The witness testified he dropped Elvis off at her apartment around 1:15 or 1:30 a.m., on Dec. 18, and was inside her residence for about five minutes before leaving to go home. SS said he and Elvis made plans to get together again. He added he tried calling her later that day and sending her Facebook messages, but never heard back.

Other witnesses who testified during the opening session on Tuesday included an Horry County police officer who was patrolling Peachtree Boat Landing in the early-morning hours of Dec. 18 and found Elvis' vehicle.
HCPD Officer Casy Guskiewicz testified that when he saw the vehicle, all its doors were locked and the windows closed and intact.

When asked if he knew of the possibility of a pregnancy, Elvis said he's been hearing the testimony from witnesses about it like everyone else and he won't believe something until he sees it

SM's Dec 20 interview transcribed from the poor audio. May not be exact. This is the source of SM's obstruction charges.

Wow Stillwatersc, thank you for transcribing that!

OMG at the sheer number of lies he told. Not only that, but he was answering questions that were not even asked, which is always a big
flag-red.png
to investigators. Just about every line out of his mouth contained a lie of some kind. "I don't even know where she was when she called me..." Notice that the cop never asked him where she was when she called him.

I posted this on the Mistrial thread but will repost here because I have no idea which thread we are using now to discuss the case. lol

If SM and TM were smart enough to

1) not use SM's phone for a week prior to powering it on at 3 a.m.
2) delete the GPS information from the truck Sync module

then it is quite possible everything else from buying the pregnancy test , the payphone call , HE's phone being tracked to different locations and Sidney's phone being turned on to ping at home at 3 a.m. is all a cover story. They can't be smart enough to know to turn off the cellphone and to delete the GPS info but dumb enough to not know Walmart has video or convience stores have videos. Why use a payphone when they could just of easily of bought a burner phone .
BBM
I'll bite...

If they had SM's phone off since the 11th because they were planning the murder since that time and they were smart enough to turn his phone off during that period of time, WHY be so dumb to turn it on at 3am? Does it somehow help them commit a murder?

BBM
I'll bite...

If they had SM's phone off since the 11th because they were planning the murder since that time and they were smart enough to turn his phone off during that period of time, WHY be so dumb to turn it on at 3am? Does it somehow help them commit a murder?

The only thing I can think of regarding that (IF this is accurate; would love a link!), is that they were trying to create an alibi of SM being at home (since his phone WAS at home...it was just his truck that wasn't).

Maybe the phone being powered off in the week before didn't have anything to do specifically with what was going to happen (and did happen) on Dec 18th. Or maybe it did. Only one of the M's can say and they aren't telling.

As for the phone being turned on at 3am on Dec 18th... someone needed to answer a call on that phone for some reason. Why they didn't have other phones they could use I don't know. If you have a phone off it's because you either don't have any battery charge left on the phone -or- you don't want the phone to ping off a tower -or- be able to be used.

Wow Stillwatersc, thank you for transcribing that!

OMG at the sheer number of lies he told. Not only that, but he was answering questions that were not even asked, which is always a big
flag-red.png
to investigators. Just about every line out of his mouth contained a lie of some kind. "I don't even know where she was when she called me..." Notice that the cop never asked him where she was when she called him.

I didn't do it. Copied from someone else, not a WS'er so couldn't give credit.

Just for clarification:
around 27:31 on this video
[video=youtube;UN53x8XyU0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN53x8XyU0M[/video]

SM's phone was used from 1:09:45 AM EST to 1:13:45 AM EST - I am attaching a screenshot where it shows the times - was trying to find someone saying that it had been turned off from the 11th until the 18th.

View attachment 97493

BBM
I'll bite...

We know Heather was trying over & over to call the pay phone. She most likely thought it was a new phone for SM or he was at a location with that phone. What if she also was sending him messages on social media that investigators did not find? Maybe he told her to call it via text. I don't know why the M's would do that either, other than show they were at home and she was harassing them in the middle of the night and make Heather look unbalanced, maybe to look like she could have run away or committed suicide. I also wonder if the PT test was a prop and they meant it to plant it but changed plans. If Tammy Moorer came up with the plan, who knows how whacked it could be? GAH - I change my mind daily about what happened to Heather! :pullhair:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back