Evidence subject to Frye - *UPDATED* 2011.05.09 (ATTN: ALL ORDERS IN!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was answered in the lawyers thread. It seems that the evidence was tossed because they did not provide training logs for the dogs which gives credance to certification even though Florida has no standard. In other words, if the SA provides training logs as they did in the Frye hearings, the evidence is considered good, admitable.

This is not the Anthony case. And I think the dogs will come in JMO.

Old...new?

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6376106&postcount=3"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.04.22-24 Today's Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

I wondered if it was in response to the judge's ruling that came out yesterday about the stain.

Don't forget that AH in her defense depo just released said that CA stated to her in the car on the way to pick up ICA that the car smelt horrible and that they had thought it was either ICA or Caylee in the trunk before they opened it. So now there is confirmation that this was not just a way of getting the police to show up.

Really? I stopped reading about page 37 so I missed that gem.

Really? I stopped reading about page 37 so I missed that gem.

Yep! And it is a great reinforcement about the smell, and CA's thoughts on it before she called LE later that evening. :rocker:

:great: :great:

Judge Perry has done an Oustanding Job handling this case, the evidence, the DT ... as well as he has been "very fair" to all the parties.

I believe Judge Perry knows that poor little Caylee was in the trunk and the "stain" in the trunk is evdience that she was there !

I also believe Judge Perry will allow in the "smell of decomp" and maybe the "hair banding" and "chloroform" ...

Judge Perry has had enough of the DT's "shenanigans" and the DT should be "ashamed" of themselves for "insulting" the Court's "intelligence" !

HHJP has heard Cindy's 9-1-1 call and knows what she said about the "smell" and "that it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car" ... and he knows what LE has said and has seen all the scientific evidence to prove this.

I believe HHJP has put all the "pieces of the puzzle" together and knows ICA killed her daughter and he knows Caylee was in ICA's trunk and then thrown in the woods like a piece of trash. And Judge Perry wants the Jury to see ALL OF IT !

He is a very fair Judge and I am so happy that he is in control of this case !

Justice is coming soon for Caylee !

Have been missing everything! boo. Are we expecting the rest of HHJP's rulings in today or next week? TIA!

Have been missing everything! boo. Are we expecting the rest of HHJP's rulings in today or next week? TIA!

The rest will be posted on Monday. The courthouse actually has them, but the court official couldn't post them all yesterday (I'd love to know why. Was it because of HHJP, or does it take a lot of time to put documents on the court docket? I don't know how that works), and the court is closed for Good Friday today. So we'll have to wait until Monday for the other rulings.

The rest will be posted on Monday. The courthouse actually has them, but the court official couldn't post them all yesterday (I'd love to know why. Was it because of HHJP, or does it take a lot of time to put documents on the court docket? I don't know how that works), and the court is closed for Good Friday today. So we'll have to wait until Monday for the other rulings.
Thanks! Monday is a looooong way away ;)

I don't think this is accurate to assume the orders were filed with the clerk's office on Thursday. I interpreted the statement released as HHJP was expected to file more rulings on Thursday, but he had not done so yet.

I can totally understand why, too. There were several issues to be ruled upon and I feel sure HHJP wants to research them carefully. He seems like the kind of guy who is careful to cross every t and dot every i. If he approves the Body Farm air sample one, it would set a new precedent. That one alone would take a lot of research. Not to mention, Judge Perry has been tied up with budget issues (totally unrelated to the Anthony case) that appear to be crucial and time sensitive.

I know we're all anxious and he said the 21st, but I am willing to cut the man a break and give him the Easter weekend to make sure he gets it right.

Yep! And it is a great reinforcement about the smell, and CA's thoughts on it before she called LE later that evening. :rocker:

I get the warm fuzzies just knowing that CA will not be able to lie her way out of the 'dead body' statements she made. She and GA are long overdue to get their comeuppance and LDB is just the person to do it.:great:

I don't think this is accurate to assume the orders were filed with the clerk's office on Thursday. I interpreted the statement released as HHJP was expected to file more rulings on Thursday, but he had not done so yet.

I can totally understand why, too. There were several issues to be ruled upon and I feel sure HHJP wants to research them carefully. He seems like the kind of guy who is careful to cross every t and dot every i. If he approves the Body Farm air sample one, it would set a new precedent. That one alone would take a lot of research. Not to mention, Judge Perry has been tied up with budget issues (totally unrelated to the Anthony case) that appear to be crucial and time sensitive.

I know we're all anxious and he said the 21st, but I am willing to cut the man a break and give him the Easter weekend to make sure he gets it right.

bbm

I think he may keep the air sample out of the trial. I think it makes for an automatic appeal and gives the defense too much potential ammunition. But I think there is enough evidence without it so we will be okay. And maybe it will be better in the end if the jury does not get bogged down into too much scientific baggage and boring arguments back and forth.
It may be better just to focus on the 31 days and the duct tape and the stain and the odor in the trunk. Oh, and the party pics and the tattoo. AND the Blockbuster video.
To me it comes down to the 16th of June. Casey had custody and possession of her toddler. She was seen with her that very afternoon. Then she is seen on a date in the early evening WITHOUT her child. It is up to her to explain to the jury where the child was at that time. Where was Caylee while you were on a movie date with TL? It is a very simple question and she has not answered it truthfully yet.

I apologize. I guess I interpreted this differently. I figured HHJP has had his research done for awhile. He seemed to know how he was going to rule at the Frye Hearings. I probably need to stop assuming things, don't I? Again, I apologize. It wasn't my intention to give any false information, and I feel bad about that.

I apologize. I guess I interpreted this differently. I figured HHJP has had his research done for awhile. He seemed to know how he was going to rule at the Frye Hearings. I probably need to stop assuming things, don't I? Again, I apologize. It wasn't my intention to give any false information, and I feel bad about that.

No worries. :hug:

You could be right, I really just don't think he got them all done and filed them. When I look at HHJP's schedule and all that man does in addition to the Anthony case, I wonder how he manages to EVER sleep. He is one busy man.

bbm

I think he may keep the air sample out of the trial. I think it makes for an automatic appeal and gives the defense too much potential ammunition. But I think there is enough evidence without it so we will be okay. And maybe it will be better in the end if the jury does not get bogged down into too much scientific baggage and boring arguments back and forth.
It may be better just to focus on the 31 days and the duct tape and the stain and the odor in the trunk. Oh, and the party pics and the tattoo. AND the Blockbuster video.
To me it comes down to the 16th of June. Casey had custody and possession of her toddler. She was seen with her that very afternoon. Then she is seen on a date in the early evening WITHOUT her child. It is up to her to explain to the jury where the child was at that time. Where was Caylee while you were on a movie date with TL? It is a very simple question and she has not answered it truthfully yet.

I think he'll let the air sample testimony in at trial. Even if the court of appeal finds that it's admission is in error--that would not automatically result in a reversal of any conviction. Since it is merely corroboration of other admissible evidence that there was a decomposing body in the car, it's highly unlikely the appellate court would reverse based on the admission of the air sample--the law simple does not support a reversal in such an instance.

This may be old news to some but I just found it and it was interesting - Talks about the "Body Farm":
Here is a excerpt: One research study examined the effects of the elevated temperatures—and the limited insect access—to which a body in a car would be subjected
http://www.jeffersonbass.com/index.php

I think he'll let the air sample testimony in at trial. Even if the court of appeal finds that it's admission is in error--that would not automatically result in a reversal of any conviction. Since it is merely corroboration of other admissible evidence that there was a decomposing body in the car, it's highly unlikely the appellate court would reverse based on the admission of the air sample--the law simple does not support a reversal in such an instance.

Yes, and wasn't it about completing the "four pillars of admissibility", which it did, rather than the actual content. Baez is still able to argue against this evidence at trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove