Explosion Boston Marathon #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sources confirmed to FoxNews.com that the apartment being searched in connection to the bombings is on the fifth floor of the building.
A source close to the investigation confirms to FoxNews.com the man whose apartment was searched is considered a person of interest in the case, and is the same person of interest Fox News confirmed earlier authorities are guarding at a local hospital.
The source stressed that the person of interest, not a suspect, and said he suffered serious injuries in the explosion.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/1...boston-marathon-spokesman-says/#ixzz2QcsDd2n8

One snippet I heard/read was that the cellphone service was intentionally interrupted to keep the bomber from activating any more bombs.

What time did the race start? Did the race start at the same area it ended?
The race starts in a town called Hopkington about 26 miles away, begins around 10:00 AM.

Very interesting about all the bomb sniffing dogs. I would assume quite a few people run that race every year so they would notice if the security was suddenly increased.

The news media keeps saying there was "no chatter" ahead of time but if the feds were tipped off it seems that would provide clues as to who did this. How would they get tipped off of if it was a lone nut job?

The course is very thoroughly searched several times before the race starts, but once it's under way, it's open to spectators. Anybody who runs the race or lives in the area (about a million and a half people) knows the general operation because it's 26.2 miles through suburban and rural roads that are blocked off, severely hampering transit throughout the area. People who aren't running the race often take the day off or work from home just so they don't have to deal with the hassle.

The race has always had fairly heavy security, though it's generally more targeted at crowd control and medical emergencies.

The local news is saying this morning that none of the suspected devices that were found last night were actual bombs and as far as they know, it was just the two that went off.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 2m
New photo of 8-year-old child Martin Richard killed in Boston Marathon bomb blast (WBZ-TV) - pic.twitter.com/yH2Uedtmyi

BH-KkLqCQAAzDbL.jpg

I will say this, I am very thankful is morning that the bombs were not at the start of the race.

LE needs facebook posts, tweets, pictures...anything from people who were in the area. They have to be able to collect statements some way and piece it all together.

PLEASE-if you were in the area, please call LE with instagram, twitters, photos on facebook. If you had someone there who was txting you, tweeting you please call LE
10:04 PM
FBI: ‘No Piece Of Information Or Detail Is Too Small’

We reported earlier that the FBI has taken over the investigation, but here's the information on the special FBI public tip line:
The FBI has set-up 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324), prompt #3, for anyone who has information, visual images, and/or details regarding the explosions along the Boston Marathon route and elsewhere. No piece of information or detail is too small.

New photo of 8-year-old child Martin Richard killed in Boston Marathon bomb blast (WBZ-TV) - pic.twitter.com/yH2Uedtmyi

BH-KkLqCQAAzDbL.jpg

What a beautiful boy :rose:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This is for everyone.

[video=youtube;uXRE3JbWWxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXRE3JbWWxs[/video]

May God bless us and keep us all safe.

JMHO

No Death Penalty.

Pretty sure this is going to be tried on the Federal level so there will be the DP for the &^%*%^s who did this. Would like for those responsible to be locked in a room for 30 minutes with family members impacted by this terrorist act.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 5m
Just obtained this third photo of Martin Richard, the 8-year-old child killed in Boston bomb blast - pic.twitter.com/uSFTCqE4vJ

BH-NydYCQAEZ8ow.png

BH-KkLqCQAAzDbL.jpg

Sweet baby this is him making his First Communion. My daughter makes hers on Saturday. How could someone ever donsomrthing so evil and take this beautiful child away?!? God Bless his family and loved ones.

the radio show i listen to in the mornings and i follow on facebook just posted a link to unedited photos....i can't even bring myself to click on it and at the same time wondering they even posted it.....uggggggg, so tragic.

Pretty sure this is going to be tried on the Federal level so there will be the DP for the &^%*%^s who did this. Would like for those responsible to be locked in a room for 30 minutes with family members impacted by this terrorist act.
Yep, I wrote that before the Feds were involved.

Sweet baby this is him making his First Communion. My daughter makes hers on Saturday. How could someone ever donsomrthing so evil and take this beautiful child away?!? God Bless his family and loved ones.

My eight year old son will be making his a week from Sunday too.

Look how proud little guy is with his banner. What a sweetie.

Asking my mom - again - to give this little guy lots of hugs and sing him songs as she did for all my kids, all the kids in our fam, until he is reunited with his own loved ones one day. :cry: :rose:

Totally agree with you if I witnessed a horrific tragedy in front of me the last thing on my mind would be to take photos or video. I only hope the videos of the blasts help the authorities find out about the explosive devices used and how the detonated.

While it is disturbing, I wonder if the photographers were just clicking away to capture the moment (which could certainly help with gathering evidence) and were not prepared to see what they actually saw.

The poor guy with the missing legs was conscious...I imagine the photographer saw some guys rushing towards him pushing a person in a wheelchair and it was a bang bang thing.

If I were a photographer covering the event, I wouldn't be able to continue doing my job under those circumstances. I'd be looking to help as many injured people as possible.

However, I do believe that those who continue to do what they are trained to do (taking pictures) absolutely could be beneficial to the end game...catching the pricks who are responsible for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit