Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to take a moment to caution those with weak stomachs or those that have a hard time shaking images from their mind that many of the pictures being shown online are extremely graphic. Use caution when opening pics on Twitter and Instagram.

That said, we live in an amazing time for live updates, pictures and immediate first hand accounts. This is the first time I've heard of a major "event" (for lack of a better term) online before it being reported on the news. And I had the news on at the time!! Thoughts and prayers with all of you. Another terrible tragedy in the land of the free.

Probably just a rumor but some posters on Yahoo News are saying that two Saudi nationals have been arrested. Have not seen anything like that on all the media I am following.

Any tragedy like this has a lot of false reports in coverage in the first hours, just watch tape from 11-22-63 and hear all the wild stuff being reported. I'd still like to hear from anyone else who has heard this.
Mention of a suspect.
http://www.nypost.com/

The Post isn't one of my favorite papers.

NBC Sports Network ‏@NBCSN 16m
Reports of Marathon Runners that crossed finish line and continued to run to Mass General Hospital to give blood to victims

Fox News is confirming they are guarding a suspect with severe burns. Not sure if a perp or victim.

My friend's daughter was running, they can't find her, oh my!

They're saying the runners are being bused to the Boston Common. The phone number they're giving is 617-635-4500.

id suggest reading the scanner thread & tuning in..LOTS of info not being reported

I have heard nothing on LOCAL news yet about any suspects... Has anyone else?

I'vebeen pacing around my house for the last hour & a half trying to accountfor everyone up in and around Boston... no easy task with friends at the Sox game, at the Marathon and living in the area. Cell service down and spotty. Have the scanner on but that's up and down.
My heart is broken watching this terror unleashed on this beautiful city, normally so safe and such a wonderful weekend to be in town.

My thoughts are with everyone who is impacted, especially our WS members' family and friends in the area and the first responders and LE personnel who are doing the most heroic and dangerous work right now. Prayers to them all.

If this turns out true, my guess would still be a home-grown type terrorist, not part of a larger group.

How would it be home grown if it is in fact true that he is foreign national?
Home grown refers to those grown right here in US, I presume.

According to blog at Boston.com exit for Copley Square closed off Mass. pike. The Bruins game is cancelled...as well as the symphony. Trying to get more cell phone service going for Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro