Explosion Boston Marathon #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pics I haven't seen before in these tweets. Different views of items.

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 1h
Photo: Blood-stained bomb part used in Boston explosion (law enforcement photo) - pic.twitter.com/8gKbxUJ10I

Photo: Bag believed to have been used in Boston Marathon bombing (law enforcement photo) - pic.twitter.com/tExQ0Kzw9J

Photo: Part of circuit board used in one of the Boston Marathon bombs (law enforcement photo) - pic.twitter.com/0FMShPYVSn

Photo album: High-resolution images of Boston Marathon bombs remnants (law enforcement photos) - http://bit.ly/13iZAFf

Viva Matt Keys! Best Twitter follow for news and breaking news. Glad to see he's back active.

Is there a way to resize the pictures so the margins arent blown? TIA.

That's what I'm imagining in my head too.

I think someone said said earlier that it was an Inox? Here's a 6 litre model:
Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Inox Pressure Cooker With Side Grips (22cm), 6.0 Litre: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

It could have been 20 years old. Perhaps they got them from a thrift store (which might cut down their chances of being caught on CCTV).

Someone might have said this, but I doubt they were bought at thrift stores because there were two. I would imagine they are the same model or they would have stated otherwise with the info they have released. What would be the odds of finding two of the same pressure cookers at a thrift store. I may be wrong an it is only my opinion.

Does anyone really think the perp/s would hang out so close to the bombing area? Unless they were suicide bombers, I would think they were nothing more than cowardly rats. Hoping there is something on video at the restaurant where one of the bombs was left. Just horrible!

Does anyone really think the perp/s would hang out so close to the bombing area? Unless they were suicide bombers, I would think they were nothing more than cowardly rats. Hoping there is something on video at the restaurant where one of the bombs was left. Just horrible!

Not so much 'hang out' but the going theory is that these things had to be placed fairly soon before they exploded, which means that it would of happened while the race was going on and people were crossing the finish line. Consider the fact that this would of been probably one of the more photographed/videoed areas in the world on Monday, odds are in favor of the bomber placing the bombs being caught on film.

Bomb question.

I see the pics of the batteries, bag, and circuit board are on the tree grate. Would those parts have blown there upon explosion or does the "mechanism" just heat up and the exploding part goes up and outward leaving the battery/board etc... in place?

If the parts stay in place, then the pic of the bag by the tree and mailbox could very well be one of the bombs. I thought bombs just blew all over the place.

Whoa, suspect #2 looks very possible. Check out how the straps on the bag he's holding appear to match with the destroyed bag.

I'm not so sure about suspect #1, and it looks to me like he still might have the backpack on in the photo that says he doesn't have it anymore.

But suspect #2 is very interesting. I'm not going to post the photo here in case he's not involved, though.

Yes, I saw that too!

At the link there's a comment about it, and you can see that the guy is bending down in both the 'before' and 'after' photos.

This is the quote from the link:

Just imo, I don't think the circled child is Martin Richards.

I am far behind, so if this has been stated, please forgive me. That person bent over in the picture looks like a woman tending to a child in a stroller to me. Just my opinion and I most definitely could be wrong.

Bomb question.

I see the pics of the batteries, bag, and circuit board are on the tree grate. Would those parts have blown there upon explosion or does the "mechanism" just heat up and the exploding part goes up and outward leaving the parts in place?

If the parts stay in place, then the pic of the bag by the tree and mailbox could very well be one of the bombs. I thought bombs just blew all over the place.

iirc I read that the lid to the pot was found on a roof.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...oston-victims-some-requiring-2nd-surgery?lite

Doctors have pulled fragments as large as 2 inches, including pieces of wood, concrete and plastic, from the bodies of people wounded in the attack on the Boston Marathon, a trauma surgeon said Wednesday.

The injuries have been so severe that surgeons have operated a second time on some patients, even after amputations, to fight possible infection, said Dr. Peter Burke, the chief of trauma services at Boston Medical Center.

Investigators have said the two bombs that exploded Monday at the finish line were housed in metal containers and studded with metal, including fine nails or brads, to make the devices more lethal.

Burke said that doctors are making the fragments available to police.

Figured out a better way to do this:

This photo is alarming to me (see attached photo - not sure how to embed in post). You can see the one guy in the square wearing all black is right behind one of the women that is later down on the ground after the explosion. So this guy in black was definitely right near where the explosion happened. Do we know what time this photo was taken? I've made a green arrow next to the woman in a purplish top.

You can see the lady in purple again in this image getting up from the pile of people. Definitely the same woman.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 87
Oops. Sorry. Saw my post was edited. The margins weren't blown for me??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485