Explosion Boston Marathon #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporters being moved to Seaport Street, which is even further away. Possible Bomb Squad coming.

OMG what does this mean?

BOSTON: CODE RED INSIDE BOSTON FEDERAL COURT HOUSE, COURT HOUSE AND BRIGHAM HOSPITAL BEING EVACUATED. MCI DECLARED! #911BUFF

MCI - Mass Casualty Incident
This is from the same source that claimed all of Boston was being evacuated on Monday. Caveat emptor.

Reporter at courthouse saying they keep getting moved further and further away. Federal Marshalls are there, swat teams, building evac'ed, and dogs are clearing front area.

WBUR ‏@WBUR 1m
MT @joespurr: Homeland security agent confirms evacuation [of federal courthouse] is because of a received bomb threat

The Boston Globe‏@BostonGlobe2m
RT @globejenpeter: All clear at the Brigham. Man left locked car at valet. Gas cans in back, according to official source. #marathon

Historically in this country's press, if a white person were sought, no indication of race was given; if a black person were sought, it was given. While it is the exception today rather than the rule, it nevertheless still occurs. Historical context is crucial in understanding the present.

You and Gardenlady are absolutely correct. In fact, I erased the part of my post where I stated since I am not a black person I don't have the historical signifigance of the designation to guide my feelings. I fully get that. So yes, my thoughts about the whole thing are somewhat skewed. I wish there was a way to erase all of that pain and start fresh for everybody - but forgetting our history is a slippery slope to no where good!

I don't know what the answer is, I just wish the conversation didn't have to happen at all.

Profiling is in fact helpful. I mean, chances are we are NOT looking for a woman here. That's just the way it is. Doesn't mean it can't be, but for the sake of investigation I think they have to focus on looking for a man without ruling out the opposite.

Chances are very good this is in fact a white man, IMO, and I have stated that like many from the start.

Bomb sniffing dogs are checking cars parked along the street, showing it now.

The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe 1m
Federal courthouse evacuated; hundreds outside. People are being pushed back from building. Coast Guard and police boats in water.

Wow, whoever called in this threat is a real <modsnip>Hope they get this one fast and perp walk him through downtown. :furious:

Media needs to start being more careful with announcements of suspects in custody, arrests, arraignments, etc. something really ugly is going to happen with all these crowds forming waiting in places to see the suspect. :(

WBZs reporter says she has very good sources, and was told there was NEVER an arrest.

I hope we don't find out that this is another eff-up by CNN. They were the initial reporting outlet on an arrest, and they have been really bad lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required