Extreme eater, 24, DIES during livestream of 10-hour food binge after her stomach ripped open.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

From 2019

" 'Food turns me on':

How young women are earning a fortune

by eating giant plates of takeaway on camera

as part of a bizarre social media fad."

:oops:

1721690871744.png

Last edited:
I've never even heard of it until now.

I noticed it some time ago while watching reels on FB.

I usually seek reels of sweet mini Schnauzer puppies ♥️

But scrolling reels I came upon some videos of Asian young women eating large plates of food.

Ummm...
Devouring might be a better word :rolleyes:
They were gulping food as if there was no tomorrow :oops:

I just shook my head and rolled my eyes quickly scrolling down looking for puppies,
never suspecting it might have been such a morbid trend with people paying for watching them.

But they were not live streams,
just short (1 minute or so) videos.

Last edited:
Drank too much water after a volleyball game (we lost !).
Never had so much pain in my life.. Ugh.
Will never overindulge like that, again.
Food is almost worse as it's a solid mass and our stomachs can only take so much.

Well,
before social media/internet
we simply didn't know how many foolish and greedy people there are in this world.

Destroying the body during live streams?
For what?
A few bucks?

Health is PRICELESS !

JMO
Bbm.
Indeed it is !

Take care of and love yourself, everyone.
Life is too short to waste it on dangerous fads.

Last edited:
As a psychologist said
(link in my opening post)

"These videos center around consumption and indulgence"

Exactly!

Sign of our times.

Last edited:
As a psychologist said
(link in my opening post)

"These videos center around consumption and indulgence"

Exactly!

Sign of our times.
There was an era (late 1800s, iirc) when starving as a public act was a fad. You could buy tickets to watch people not eat. The grand finale was watching the person finally eat.

Kafka wrote a short story called "The Hunger Artist" about a man who had a circus act of not eating - and then the fad went out of style.

So strange.

jmo

There was an era (late 1800s, iirc) when starving as a public act was a fad. You could buy tickets to watch people not eat. The grand finale was watching the person finally eat.

Kafka wrote a short story called "The Hunger Artist" about a man who had a circus act of not eating - and then the fad went out of style.

So strange.

jmo
Yeah..... pedestrianists, flatulists, pole-sitters, carnival geeks, technically stylites, etc., etc.

There's a very long and storied history of people doing grueling acts of endurance and/or self-harm and self-debasement for an audience, but now that instant communication is easier than ever (and some other factors I don't feel bright enough to discuss right now) this type of behavior can be done from one's own home.

As a fat guy with a bad relationship to food, I never understood the popularity to extreme eating/mukbang stuff... And I hope the people who do it can find what they need and stop torturing themselves with junk food.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back