Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justina Pelletier, Teen In State Custody Over Medical Dispute, To Move To Conn. Facility
By Steve LeBlanc May 5, 2014 Updated May 05, 4:56 pm
Associated Press

BOSTON — Massachusetts officials announced a plan Monday to return a teenager in a custody dispute involving different diagnoses by two hospitals to her home state of Connecticut to be closer to her family, but her family objected to it, calling it a “slap in the face.”

"But the Pelletier family said Monday that they don’t accept the plan. They said they don’t want Justina sent to a behavioral unit and want a guarantee she’ll be returned home by her birthday.

“For us, it was another slap in the face, another kick in the stomach,” Justina’s father, Lou Pelletier, said at news conference outside the Massachusetts Statehouse on Monday after a meeting with Polanowicz. “Justina needs to be home for her 16th birthday” on May 24.

More, of course...

http://www.wbur.org/2014/05/05/justina-pelletier-transfer-conn-facility

Choice of phrases that Lou uses are interesting to me. Especially the 'kick in the stomach'.

I really believe that, whether he knows it or not, Justina, and Lou have become caught up in something much bigger than just Justina's situation. With all the various circus acts, political groups, hangers-on, etc. this has become a much bigger cause than "just" Justina. I think Lou is being counseled and convinced to not work on ANY plan to get Justina home. Because then the opportunity to push their agenda goes away for all these groups. I really think they've convinced him on this. And I think he likes the attention too.

Unfortunately it is Justina who suffers due to it all. On the upside, at least she will continue to get the psychological and medical care she needs.

Is she getting the care she needs?
If she has mitochondrial disease, then she isn't. This is an msm article that has a close up photo of her.
She lost a lot of hair.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/justin...ly-year-mass-psych-hospital/story?id=23594343

Justina Pelletier, Teen In State Custody Over Medical Dispute, To Move To Conn. Facility

By Steve LeBlanc May 5, 2014 Updated May 05, 4:56 pm

Associated Press

BOSTON — Massachusetts officials announced a plan Monday to return a teenager in a custody dispute involving different diagnoses by two hospitals to her home state of Connecticut to be closer to her family, but her family objected to it, calling it a “slap in the face.”

"But the Pelletier family said Monday that they don’t accept the plan. They said they don’t want Justina sent to a behavioral unit and want a guarantee she’ll be returned home by her birthday.

“For us, it was another slap in the face, another kick in the stomach,” Justina’s father, Lou Pelletier, said at news conference outside the Massachusetts Statehouse on Monday after a meeting with Polanowicz. “Justina needs to be home for her 16th birthday” on May 24.

More, of course...

http://www.wbur.org/2014/05/05/justina-pelletier-transfer-conn-facility

Choice of phrases that Lou uses are interesting to me. Especially the 'kick in the stomach'.

He forgot to add the Nazis! Lou is slipping! I'm sure he meant to say "another kick in the stomach by nazis"

;) IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is she getting the care she needs?
If she has mitochondrial disease, then she isn't. This is an msm article that has a close up photo of her.
She lost a lot of hair.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/justin...ly-year-mass-psych-hospital/story?id=23594343

From your link:

"This case was a complex matter, presenting an array of challenges and obstacles that we cannot discuss out of respect for our patient's privacy and legal confidentiality requirements. We have been unable to provide a full and accurate picture of the case. But we are confident the treatment plan developed for our patient was the best course given the issues surrounding her medical history, the evaluations and observations of her care teams prior to arriving at Boston Children's and after she was admitted here."

So ....where is the money going that people are donating to the parents website?????

What happened to Alan Dershowitz????

Well, if I was the Gaylord Rehabilitation Center in Wallingford, Connecticut or the Hospital for Special Care in New Britain, Connecticut I would be a little bit nervous that Matt Staver, counsel for the Pelletiers might convince Secretary Polanowicz of HHS in Massachusetts that he should grant the wishes of the Pelletiers that Justina be sent to one of those two places.

Sorry but my conscience won't allow me to link to anything that comes from Liberty Counsel. It is listed as a hate group, in case anyone was unaware.

Basically they have put forth objections to all points in the Reunification Plan.

Well, if I was the Gaylord Rehabilitation Center in Wallingford, Connecticut or the Hospital for Special Care in New Britain, Connecticut I would be a little bit nervous that Matt Staver, counsel for the Pelletiers might convince Secretary Polanowicz of HHS in Massachusetts that he should grant the wishes of the Pelletiers that Justina be sent to one of those two places.

Sorry but my conscience won't allow me to link to anything that comes from Liberty Counsel. It is listed as a hate group, in case anyone was unaware.

Basically they have put forth objections to all points in the Reunification Plan.

The parents are a hot mess. IMO

“So they come to the Pelletiers and they say, ‘Accept this plan. It will be so good. We want Justina home immediately.’ There’s no date on here. How do we know? The broken promises of 15 months?” said Mahoney.

Rev. Mahoney says he met with Polanowicz twice last month and that both HHS and Justina’s state-appointed attorney agreed to a plan that would send her home to West Hartford right away.

But Mahoney says that at Monday’s meeting, the alternate plan was suddenly put forward.

Some ask why the Pelletiers are not at least grateful for Justina’s proposed return to Connecticut and why they don’t just chalk it up to “baby steps” toward getting her back.

They say their “baby” turns 16 years old this month, and after 15 months without her, their only victory would be having her back at home.

“Justina needs to be home by her birthday, May 24, and that is the ultimatum we have given the secretary and the DCF commissioner,” said her father, Lou Pelletier.
Read more: http://foxct.com/2014/05/05/justina...to-state-but-not-to-her-family/#ixzz30tzotnx9

Ultimatum? If Justina is not home by her birthday, then what are they going to do?

Maybe they see going into family therapy as an admission of guilt, and Lou would lose his platform. This has nothing to do with getting Justina home any more.They must have realized by now that there will be conditions that have to be met.

From your link:

"This case was a complex matter, presenting an array of challenges and obstacles that we cannot discuss out of respect for our patient's privacy and legal confidentiality requirements. We have been unable to provide a full and accurate picture of the case. But we are confident the treatment plan developed for our patient was the best course given the issues surrounding her medical history, the evaluations and observations of her care teams prior to arriving at Boston Children's and after she was admitted here."

And? After all this treatment, she is in a wheelchair and can barely talk (there is a new video of her on youtube). She just mumbles now. I couldn't understand a word.

They are most certainly not a hate group, that's ridiculous!

Is there a video of her speaking clearly and eloquently before?

We have been told that she has had a stroke so there could be old language problems stemming from that (the note she wrote seemed like she might have anyway) and she reportedly had slurred speech ever before she went to the hospital.

And they haven't given a valid reason as to why they've rejected the plan. I'm not sure what kind of support they expect to receive. Most Americans are pretty anti-child abuse/medical abuse. Southern Poverty Law Center does list it as a hate group and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what about this case LC is trying to latch onto. It has nothing to do with pro-life or gays or race or any other "cause" they seem to embrace. What am I missing because it makes no sense?

I think it ties into the parental rights vs the role of the state discussion. Do the parents have an unlimited carte blanche to rear their children however they see fit or does the state have a right or the duty to interfere in certain circumstances?

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-new...tate-protecting-the-child-or-denying-parenta/

Conflict With Church Teaching

While seemingly shocking, Justina’s case in Massachusetts is a high-profile example of how much power the government’s child-protective systems wield, often at the expense of parent’s rights, said Stephen Krason, a professor and director of the political science program at Franciscan University of Steubenville in Ohio.

“You have a system here, as it is now structured, that is incompatible with a Catholic understanding of the rights of parents and the family,” Krason told the Register.

“The way the system is organized is to have a monitoring of the family,” Krason added. “When I look at the [child-protective system], I frankly cannot see how it can be found compatible with Catholic teaching on the rights of parents. The Church in the United States probably needs to be more attentive to this situation.”

In his encyclical Rerum Novarum (Capital and Labor), Pope Leo XIII wrote in 1891 that “civil power” has no right to “enter arbitrarily into the privacy of the home.” While some domestic situations may require state intervention, he said the state’s actions have to be limited and respectful of the inherent rights and integrity of the family.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-new...g-the-child-or-denying-parenta/#ixzz30v3wpCvv

JMO but I think that many families could find their integrity in a much better shape after a state intervention if they could find it in themselves to try the family therapy and quit the abusive patterns, stop using the drugs and whatever other unreasonable things the state are suggesting.

So ....where is the money going that people are donating to the parents website?????

What happened to Alan Dershowitz????

Yeah, as much as I have questions right now about DCF, there is no way, no way at all I would donate money, particularly given how they've turned it into a circus.

I'm also curious about Dershowitz. If he was still working with him, I'd have to think he'd have curbed some of this. Lou is really not helping things.

And? After all this treatment, she is in a wheelchair and can barely talk (there is a new video of her on youtube). She just mumbles now. I couldn't understand a word.

Link please. All I see are Lou videos and Linda fainting..

Yeah, as much as I have questions right now about DCF, there is no way, no way at all I would donate money, particularly given how they've turned it into a circus.

I'm also curious about Dershowitz. If he was still working with him, I'd have to think he'd have curbed some of this. Lou is really not helping things.

IMO Dershowitz was against the gag order on her parents...I don't believe he ever "worked" for or with the parents.

Here is an item about one of the groups supporting (and running commercials for) the "free Justina" movement: Personhood USA, an extreme religious right group that in the past supported the so-called "personhood amendment" in Colorado, which would have declared personhood from the moment of fertilization(thus outlawing both abortion, as well as even some forms of birth control). What is their interest in this case?

At the bottom is also the video of Glen Beck, near tears, thanking god for the Justina Pelletier case, as it will be the means by which common core and other things will eventually be defeated :)confused:) :

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/very-big-deal-glenn-beck-personhood-usa-and-justina-pelletier

It is extremely important to know just who these various groups are supporting this cause, creating this circus are - and why they are doing it. These are the same people who as a rule oppose social services of the type Justina is receiving. These people do not care about Justina, they care only about getting media attention and pushing their larger agendas.

IMO Dershowitz was against the gag order on her parents...I don't believe he ever "worked" for or with the parents.

IMo Dershowitz is in need of a gag order. He's another one that loves the media spotlight. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne