Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know who has been slipping lsd into my food, because this can't be real. They can't be keeping a dead body on a ventilator and thinking it will come back to life.

I've now lived to see everything, and I'm not even thirty for a few more months.

Uncle claims to see Jahi smile as they took her out of CHO.

I just can't with this guy...

OMG! The uncle claims she smiled when they left. :doh:

"I think I saw her smile when they took her out of Children's Hospital." - Jahi's uncle.

:banghead:

There was a medical extraction.

welp..y'all were right. Military extraction. No misquote or misspoke

"bla bla bla to have Jahi die".... dude, newsflash, she has been dead for 25 days.

I'd like to share one way it is possible to "adjust" the interpretation of what the family of Jahi McMath is doing with their efforts at sustaining her physical body in the presence of absolute brain death. This is what I think the mediation agreement is.

The coroner always has the authority and leeway to allow families to perform various cultural and religious/ personal rituals with the bodies of their loved ones, as long as not prohibited by law or the situation. The coroner also is the authority to allow transport of dead bodies by family members, under certain circumstances, and in accordance with laws.

It helps me a lot to "frame" what the family is doing in this manner-- as "personal religious and cultural rituals".

In that manner, the coroner has perhaps decided to view the potential trach and feeding tube as "religious rituals" performed on the dead for the benefit of the family, rather than desecrating a corpse. I think the coroner has magnanimously bestowed the gift of patience and time on this family, to perform whatever rituals and transportation they discussed. To be sure, none of the "things" done to Jahi Mc Math's body at this point will be considered medical care.

I believe that if any licensed health care providers are involved with inserting tubes and whatnot, they will claim that they performed these as "religious rituals" that were discussed with the coroner, and approved. I don't believe any health care providers will be charged with anything. They are too smart for that. Presumably any HC providers involved have considered the impact on their reputation, insurance, and career future, and still wish to participate in these "religious and cultural rituals" on Jahi Mc Math's body.

It would help a lot, IMO, if the NB place in NY would also consider and market themselves a cultural and religious "institution", instead of pretending that they are some kind of licensed authentic health care facility (instead of the truth that they are a nonprofit that rents physical space to consolidate services). They are offering to provide a temporary place for the family to move and store the body, while they continue to carry out their version of personal, religious, and cultural rituals on the body of their loved one.

It maybe sounds a bit blunt to put it this way, but it really fits with state laws, and helps to reframe some of the astonishment and other extreme emotions some of us are feeling about what the family is doing.

Ta-Da! Yes, this is a cultural thing, and it goes back more than you might think. Days ago I alluded to it but now it's clear. I'm not going to be verified, but I know a little something of cultural anthropology and it's my uncertified unverified opinion, you are correct. Cultural, Ritual, Spiritual
I really hope this gives her family the clarity.

We don't want to condemn the hospital but we just think that certain administrative people wanted to drive this to a certain conclusion, to have Jahi die.

It wasn't the hospital who kept Jahi alive, it was the courts and the media.

Dolan is slamming CHO & the treating physicians there right & left.

Despicable.

I'm starting to wonder if they've handed her over to something like the Scientologists.

Every opportunity to snipe at CHO is being taken. There is no grace in this at all

Surely there is some law against housing a person considered dead being maintaine by artifical means. It simply can't be legal. CPS should be notified and these children checked out. I am sorry but this is more insane than mom's not accepting the situation.

I would like to see pictures of her actually being taken in to the home. I can't believe there aren't any. It may not even be true. jmo

I am waaaayyy behind you all on these threads...

and have only been following this case on the news...

But... I have similar questions that are presented in this post...

Burials (IMO) are performed for a multitude of reasons... Ceremonial... Emotional closure... Etc.

But a very important reason for burial (or cremation, etc.) is for health reasons... Deceased bodies are not healthy to be living/eating/breathing around...

I cannot imagine this family thinking of taking the daughter into their home...(though they may be making this most unfortunate decision) ...

I do wonder, too, if CPS Has been called for the other children... Especially if the daughter is brought to the home... But even if this doesn't happen I believe CPS (And possibly other professionals) should be alerted, if this hasn't been done yet...

there must be some code (terms) in the CPS protocol that would protect the siblings from the behaviors they have been subjected to by the mom and others in the family....

Yet... This is a unique situation... And therefore, it may be difficult to follow established practices...

All in all... Needless to say... I am just astounded at this case! :gasp:

All JMO...

Constitutional rights were violated? The ADA was violated???? GMAB

Dolan, you just said that Baby K had a brain injury... Jahi does not. She is brain dead.

Apples and oranges.

I've had to stop listening, he's making me want to punch my monitor.

FWIW... the Physicians at CHO stopped treating her when she was declared brain dead. Ventilation is not treatment.

Uncle claims to see Jahi smile as they took her out of CHO.

I just can't with this guy...

Well now... wouldn't THAT have been an important (possibly irrefutable) moment to catch on camera? Jahi smiling...

WTF- this man is not right in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member