Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the current financial aspect ...

IIRC, it was stated that it could cost $7K to $10K per month to keep JM in a nursing/care facility.

*If* JM is currently in a private residence which allowed her to be there ?rent?-free, what would be the additional/associated costs of caring for JM in her current state?

Round the clock nurse or capable family member/s?
Doctor who makes house calls or would JM have to be transported to Doctor?
Supplies?
Hospital bed?
Special equipment?
???

Approximately how much could all of that cost per month? TIA

And they do have a RMH at the Children's Hospital of Cleveland Clinic. I really do wonder if that's the connection, or if there are any hospitals w/ a McD's and no RMH affiliation...hmmm

http://www.rmhcleveland.org/ronald-mcdonald-family-room-at-cleveland-clinic-childrens-hospital1

eta: this from another link (snipped and bbm)

The children’s hospital where I work recently announced it will be getting rid of its onsite McDonald’s. The restaurant will be out by the end of the year. It joins a long line of hospitals that have ejected their golden arches, including Parkland Hospital in Dallas, Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville, Lurie Children’s Hospital in Chicago, and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. The Cleveland Clinic once tried to do so, but couldn't get out of its contract.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...onalds-belong-in-a-childrens-hospital/281398/

I'll stop with the o/t after this...promise :). I find this interesting, though

---------

Have you checked University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Childrens hospital? Fantastic babies hospital. I think they have a McDonalds house. There is a McDonalds hospital part of University, for maternity. McDonald House. This is in Cleveland Ohio. I would want a child here..

Google map of "McDonald's near Children's Hospital Oakland, CA":

http://goo.gl/maps/EYzJj
EYzJj

Green arrow is hospital
"A" pointer is McDonald's
maps

bbm

Researchers looked at California's 14 major children's hospitals - including Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford, Benioff Children's Hospital at UCSF, and Children's Hospital Oakland - and found that many of them did provide healthy options on their cafeteria menus, but fell short on encouraging people to eat those foods.

The hospitals were scored on a scale of 0 to 37, with 37 being the best score; on average they came in at 19. Children's Hospital Oakland had the lowest score, 13. The UCSF and Stanford hospitals tied for second place, at 23.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/UCLA-study-on-healthy-food-at-children-s-hospitals-2345148.php

"Yes, we have to practice what we preach. We do have a responsibility to be healthy," he said. "At the same time, people are here for a reason. Maybe they have a sick loved one upstairs. I don't know that I'm the one to deny them that hamburger and fries if they want it."

I also prefer to take a walk and kill time by going to the cafeteria. But I know some people prefer to stay glued to their waiting room chair.

I used to be that way, but when I was waiting for my mother's surgery, and the surgeon came out very quckly and told me we need to call in hospice, I almost died. Truly, it was such a shock and I was totally in shock. They hit you with something you never expect and I was in shock. I never expected that in three days she would be gone.

But, I will also add that we are Christians, and she believed in the love of the Lord. She was ready to go and see Him and all the loved ones before her. There was family in the room, and there was singing, and there was prayer. I will say now that I miss her so much, but I know that she is much happier than I am and in a much better place. I love and miss her so much, and I would never keep her here in a state like Jahi. The thought never entered my mind. jmo

My goodness! I have been out visiting (quietly as a mouse for my own protection!) the wilds of Facebook and other social media, blogs, etc. and this family is BY NO MEANS alone in their impassioned belief that CHO wanted to murder Jahi by turning off the vent and that she is still alive AND that CHO killed her and should be ashamed of themselves and forced to close down. All I can say is that we might be ourselves in a little bubble of (sane) reality and there are a lot of angry, irrational people out there who do not know or apparently care about the differences between being in a coma and being dead in the brain.

So I tucked my tail between my legs and scampered back to WS where we can agree or disagree without being scary people.

:rose: to all!

Thank you Donjeta, that is an excellent find.
If the familie's lawyer read these papers and explained their content to the family......how can Kahi's mom not understand what is and is not happening to Kahi's brain and body?

These documents CLEARLY state that Kahi is brain dead.
:twocents:

-----------
Just a FWIW~ funeral directors see this too. Deceased sigh, "burp" and pass gas after a fashion. Nick said it was scary at first..:seeya:

Sheeshers you should have kept quiet! That way when you were able to walk YOU could have gone into the stairwell to have a cigarette too! Course maybe because of the baby thing you weren't smoking but still, why ruin what little is left for others.

These days you have to leave the "property" to have a cigarette and that means it is impossible:doh: for patients (course these days we also have e-cigs, the hospitals will no doubt eventually try to ban those too but until they start strip searching patients they won't be able too).

Off topic. :twocents: I dislike the off property policy. Why can't there be a smoking area on the property somewhere? I've seen people standing by the sides of roads near hospitals, in the middle of the night, so they can smoke. Scares the begeezes out of me when driving by. Dangerous! And :blushing:I also have a medical center/urgent care across the street from my business. Guess where all the smokers now come? To sit on the wall 10 feet from my door. Every. Day. :doh:

My goodness! I have been out visiting (quietly as a mouse for my own protection!) the wilds of Facebook and other social media, blogs, etc. and this family is BY NO MEANS alone in their impassioned belief that CHO wanted to murder Jahi by turning off the vent and that she is still alive AND that CHO killed her and should be ashamed of themselves and forced to close down. All I can say is that we might be ourselves in a little bubble of (sane) reality and there are a lot of angry, irrational people out there who do not know or apparently care about the differences between being in a coma and being dead in the brain.

So I tucked my tail between my legs and scampered back to WS where we can agree or disagree without being scary people.

I made that mistake yesterday and was sorry that I did. I knew there was a reason why I don't do social media and rarely even read sites that are open to the public. There's a word for much of what I read; it has something to do with the moon. ;)

Off topic. :twocents: I dislike the off property policy. Why can't there be a smoking area on the property somewhere? I've seen people standing by the sides of roads near hospitals, in the middle of the night, so they can smoke. Scares the begeezes out of me when driving by. Dangerous! And :blushing:I also have a medical center/urgent care across the street from my business. Guess where all the smokers now come? To sit on the wall 10 feet from my door. Every. Day. :doh:

There is at Children's in Dallas.

Turn to the dark side, you must not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members