Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, just peeked in to see if they came to their senses yet. Sometimes it takes a strong person to face the truth. I can imagine the shape of her body! Maybe they silently buried her. Will be hard to say she is dead all of a sudden.:seeya:

Curious as to what you think she looks like now?
I'm sure she's thin, and looks like anyone else unconscious and on a ventilator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone here following soc med sites of Jahi's mom or brother?

Anything that can be summarized here?

Thx in adv.

Curious as to what you think she looks like now?
I'm sure she's thin, and looks like anyone else unconscious and on a ventilator.

My X mother n law died after being on a vent for about 4 months. She was a very thin lady before being put on the vent and when she passed she was so blowed up. It was horrible to watch her die that way.

She was unconscious the whole time but not brain died.

If she had that miracle recovery we would have heard about that already. I think she may have been quietly released already. :moo:

Hi All, just peeked in to see if they came to their senses yet. Sometimes it takes a strong person to face the truth. I can imagine the shape of her body! Maybe they silently buried her. Will be hard to say she is dead all of a sudden.:seeya:

I have wondered the same!

Update:
http://m.catholic-sf.org/ns.php?newsid=22&id=62449

----------
Hi Linda, I dont know how to say what I mean.LOL. To me a brain dead body being alive by artificial means is not alive, This ventilator is cauing part of the body to try to act normal.i e breathe because our brain tells us to. Walking, waking, sleeping, eating, are all caused by a command of the brain. with no brain I feel the body just goes through the motions. Once the brain is dead~no bringing it back. So her body "functions" to a degree but only because the machine is going through the motions. There is no real life. I wouldnt be afraid to bet her brain is by now totally liquefied.(sp). This is so hard to explain. I do see we are on the same track. :seeya: Enjoy the Spring.
'[j

Until this case I'll admit I never realized brain-dead people decomposed - now that I think about it, clearly the brain would, but I'm guessing because of the lack of bacteria, it's not typically how we view it - it collapses more than 'rots.' And I think that can cause issues for nearby structures that end up destroying them. And it seems like it's difficult to keep adequate blood pressure, so very slowly there is death and decomposition on certain parts of the body that don't get enough oxygen. It's definitely isn't as apparent as with a corpse, so she could look reasonably fine for a while, but I don't know how long. Sad situation.

To me, keeping a brain dead person on extended life support is much like keeping a decapitated body on life support. There is no need for it , the essence (mind, spirit, ability to think, remember , hear, see, respond ) of that person is gone.

On another note. My brother in law was in a serious accident over a month ago. He was pretty much under induced sedation for a week or two and took another 2 weeks to come around and respond. During that time he lost 75 lbs. He is a big guy so that was about 25% of his body weight.

I imagine that Jahi has also long very significant weight loss and has undergone significant changes in her appearance. Her wrist in the hand pic weeks ago seemed quite thin.

Sad that her mother and family is still in such denial. Jahi has long departed this earth and keeping her body alive will do no good. Her mother is not asking a miracle, she is asking for a medical impossibility.

To me, keeping a brain dead person on extended life support is much like keeping a decapitated body on life support. There is no need for it , the essence (mind, spirit, ability to think, remember , hear, see, respond ) of that person is gone.

On another note. My brother in law was in a serious accident over a month ago. He was pretty much under induced sedation for a week or two and took another 2 weeks to come around and respond. During that time he lost 75 lbs. He is a big guy so that was about 25% of his body weight.

I imagine that Jahi has also long very significant weight loss and has undergone significant changes in her appearance. Her wrist in the hand pic weeks ago seemed quite thin.

Sad that her mother and family is still in such denial. Jahi has long departed this earth and keeping her body alive will do no good. Her mother is not asking a miracle, she is asking for a medical impossibility.

My Great Aunt is going home to hospice today after a major stroke. She has only one side of her brain functioning and is just not going to live much longer on her own. Her family has chosen to let her die and move on.

This family is only keeping a corpse alive. No one is there, No one is coming back. She is gone. And they are really being cruel at this point.

Sorry about your aunt, ScarlettScarpetta. I don't know what to post... I've stayed away from this conversation for a long time. I don't necessarily find it cruel, but I do find it fruitless. Final Death will come, surely, and probably at great expense. I hate to bring that up, because it implies that I can put a dollar assessment on one's value in "life". I lost my dad hard and quick. It's not easy to watch someone go. I can understand the family's feelings and wishes and hopes, but I fear it's a lost cause (again, I hate to type the words). Nothing will change the inevitable, they can only prolong it, and it's been a long time. I still admire her family for their love and dedication, but at some point you have to realize that the miracle is not likely going to happen.

How long can someone be kept in this condition? This has probably been asked. Any other comparable cases?

IIRC, the comparable cases were few and far between, and discussing them usually led to people being offended due to the graphic discussion of what state Jahi's brain is probably in now. But in short, I think there were very few comparable cases because dead people are usually not artificially kept alive, because it's unethical.

Let's not go there then. I agree it, dead people aren't usually kept alive artificially.

I would imagine her fingers and toes would decompose first as there poor circulation there anyway and then her limbs but they may last longer due to muscle exercises that can be done to her. She continually become thinner and thinner, even with a feeding tube. Muscles that are not exercised would begin to decompose as well.

Eta: this is an ok article talking about how her body has decomposed. I advise reading with caution.

Every day, everyone, is one day closer to death. We all get there eventually.

Hearts still ticking...

The internal organs don't mean much without the brain to drive them. You can live and be alive (and run in races, as I read recently) with an artificial heart. Brain, not so much.

The internal organs don't mean much without the brain to drive them. You can live and be alive (and run in races, as I read recently) with an artificial heart. Brain, not so much.

For me personally, I'd want my chips cashed in...but...I would want out too if I was dx'd with Alzheimer's. IMO but this isn't about me or my beliefs. It's about someone else's child whose heart still beats.

Parental rights are sacred IMO. This is just such a bizarre story. It stretches the limits of my critical thinking. I'm really on the fence. I guess it's none of my business as long as Jahi is not being harmed.

What a fine line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members