FBI considering hate crime charges against Zimmerman #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the problem that I see with this line of speculation is that it can't be separated out as a racial issue because GZ's "perceived injustices" do not appear to center on any one race. He appears to be an equal opportunity injustice hound. He sees it from all angles.

JMO, OMO, and MOO.

As long as he uses race to justify his wrong thinking I believe it will be what the FBI is looking for.

It is like his dad saying if it was Asians doing all the crime then he would look at all Asians. The bad thinking I believe here is the statistics will not prove George right in his thinking and the FBI will be able to prove it.

I think his pattern is that he is against injustice no matter the skin color, if his involved with the homeless man case is to be believed. Someone who has a racial issue isn't going to go out of their way to rail about an injustice over a black man.

He was railing against the injustice of not arresting a police officers son who he thought because of that relationship he was "privileged".

As long as he uses race to justify his wrong thinking I believe it will be what the FBI is looking for.

It is like his dad saying if it was Asians doing all the crime then he would look at all Asians. The bad thinking I believe here is the statistics will not prove George right in his thinking and the FBI will be able to prove it.

I don't think they'll find anything but we'll see. IMO, this case requires such a stretch to turn it into a hate crime that I think it will make people question the validity of hate crime legislation if the FBI decides to move forward with charges. It will look more like a (government-sanctioned) lynching than due process.

JMO, OMO, and MOO.

Really when I read that 4 page statement it was not about the homeless blackman in fact I think his race was only mentioned once in the whole thing. It was really about the injustice of not arresting the perp and the dirtiness of the PD for protecting him.

What he wrote was all true it turned out and in a strange twist several of the officers in that debacle responded to the shooting.

So what you're saying is that Mr. Zimmerman didn't do like the media with this case and make it all about race because it wasn't? How dare he.

So what you're saying is that Mr. Zimmerman didn't do like the media with this case and make it all about race because it wasn't? How dare he.

No, that is what you are saying. I said no such thing.

No, that is what you are saying. I said no such thing.

I think you're being a bit too vague here to really reply to. You have not said, and I have said what exactly? There's a few different options in what I stated that you could be speaking about, would you mind clarifying?

I think you're being a bit too vague here to really reply to. You have not said, and I have said what exactly? There's a few different options in what I stated that you could be speaking about, would you mind clarifying?
The FBI will be looking for any posting or writing George might have ever made concerning race, crime and injustice. They will look to see if he ever made post or wrote letters to editors or things like that about black teen thugs doing all the crimes in his neighborhood or in life in general and combining that with false statistics. imo

I think his pattern is that he is against injustice no matter the skin color, if his involved with the homeless man case is to be believed. Someone who has a racial issue isn't going to go out of their way to rail about an injustice over a black man.

I don't think there is anything more "unjust" than going after someone for a crime that never happened and that person ends up dead because GZ decided he fit a certain profile. jmo

I believe the article says "sprayed," not blasted. It's not like he opened a fire hose on anyone. Personally, I would never call the cops on something so minor.

MOO.

It's my understanding he didn't just spray them one time, but on several different occasions.

calling the police on something minor....yeah...I'm just gonna stop myself there.

Perhaps the kid shouldn't be picking on little kids then. Then the mother of the kid your kid was picking on would press charges against you.

Do we know if GZ approached the parents of any of the children in an attempt to instigate verbal communication about the alleged bullying? Do we know if he actually witnessed these children bullying other children? If he had information solid enough to feel warranted to repeatedly spray children with a hose, then I wonder why he didn't go through more proper channels to handle it?

The FBI will be looking for any posting or writing George might have ever made concerning race, crime and injustice. They will look to see if he ever made post or wrote letters to editors or things like that about black teen thugs doing all the crimes in his neighborhood or in life in general and combining that with false statistics. imo

So they will be looking at his website with the picture of the black cultural center with the writing Long Life Zimmerman. The website contradicts itself by it's quote "all mankind are my brethren". jmo

Now I'm even more confused as I thought we were speaking about the Sherman Ware case being possible evidence against Mr. Zimmerman, where he mentioned Mr. Ware's race a single time. If you're stating that I have said anything about statistics regarding black individuals and crime in Mr. Zimmerman's area - no, I have not said anything in that regard and will not until I have seen the information for myself. I have read the Reuters article that states a black lady did say that the crimes were being committed by black teens, but again, I haven't said anything regarding the statistics.

BBM

Or so one would think. Why then, did Zimmerman make it a point to say Mexicans instead of guys, criminals, gang members, or any other descriptive term that wasn't race or ethnicity based?

I wish someone would explain to me how and why the term "Mexican" carries a negative connotation. I have many, many Mexican friends and to them, being identified by their ethnicity is a matter of pride and honor, not a cause for accusing someone of a "hate crime".
imo

We know the FBI has several of the address to his social accounts and it has been hinted at in the bond hearing they have his email account. I imagine they will have no trouble tracking down any postings he might have. Going through the letters to the editors will probably be done. Any times he was unemployed or fired for what he perceived as an injustice will be important to look into. imo.

Am I the only person who doesn't think spraying kids with a water hose is a big deal? If my kids came home complaining of getting sprayed, I'd tell them to go dry off and probably play the world's smallest violin for them.

MOO.

No, you are not the only person. Especially if my kids were bullying someone else. I would be glad that someone gave them the what for and I'd tell them so. They'd also wish that I would then only spray them with a hose!

Now I'm even more confused as I thought we were speaking about the Sherman Ware case being possible evidence against Mr. Zimmerman, where he mentioned Mr. Ware's race a single time. If you're stating that I have said anything about statistics regarding black individuals and crime in Mr. Zimmerman's area - no, I have not said anything in that regard and will not until I have seen the information for myself. I have read Reuters article that states a black lady did say that the crimes were being committed by black teens, but again, I haven't said anything regarding the statistics.

They had just arrested a black teen who lived in that community. I still have not seen anything to prove the other breakins might have been from other teens. On foot it seems to me breaking in you would want to get those items stolen hidden asap. It's not like these teens were driving through the gate with a security system. Sounds more like someone inside and that person was caught. So yes, she was right and yes at least one was caught and it's possible LE were able to get the other's, too. There had been no crime since so watch, yes.....follow, no reason to. What bothers me is GZ saying they always get away. These teens who are suppose to be on foot, always get away. Could that be because they were slipping into the neighbors home and seemed to disappear in thin air? I think it is more likely than not. I think the crime wave was over and GZ just did not want to believe it. jmo

Apparently most kids in the neighborhood (unless you were a bully who like to pick on little kids) didn't think this way.

I don't know how I feel about him spraying water on kids, but I also know there a whole lot of adults who wouldn't do a damn thing if they see a kid getting bullied by another simply because they don't think it's their problem.

Well, this was just one kid. In any case, I am not a kid in the neighborhood and I do not think like one.

I don't think there is anything more "unjust" than going after someone for a crime that never happened and that person ends up dead because GZ decided he fit a certain profile. jmo

Dead does not make you perfect in life. There were 2 participants. GZ is being investigated up, down, and inside out. Will the FBI be checking TM's history?

Apparently, TM mentioned "White man." Was he profiling? Was there animosity? Did TM project being attacked onto GZ, and attacked first?

Was TM angry about the suspensions? Angry at being shuffled off to Sanford, away from his friends? Angry about divorce?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/93951121/State-v-Zimmerman-Evidence-released-by-prosecutor

Page 37-38 of Sanford Police Report pdf:
Victimology:
The decedent, positively identified by means of a postmortem photograph by his biological father as Trayvon Benjamin Martin, was a 17 year old resident of Miami Gardens, Florida, and a high school student with no criminal background. When asked as to his propensity towards violence, his father, Mr. Tracy Martin, states his son was a well-mannered, non-violent child. A local Miami Gardens Police Department background check revealed one field contact conducted in November of 2011. (Redacted portion) and he had been sent there by his father due to having been suspended from his high school in Miami Gardens for possession of cannabis. He had been in Sanford for seven days prior to this event.

Why the "field contact" in November?

Where was TM during the 7 days prior to "this event?"

Was TM 158 lbs of anger with a lit-fuse, waiting for a spark?

If you really want justice, both participants need an up, down, inside out inspection. Justice should be even handed.

I hope the FBI will be checking both.

Dead does not make you perfect in life. There were 2 participants. GZ is being investigated up, down, and inside out. Will the FBI be checking TM's history?

Apparently, TM mentioned "White man." Was he profiling? Was there animosity? Did TM project being attacked onto GZ, and attacked first?

Was TM angry about the suspensions? Angry at being shuffled off to Sanford, away from his friends? Angry about divorce?

If you really want justice, both participants need an up, down, inside out inspection. Justice should be even handed.

BBM

Well Trayvon had that. It was called his Autopsy.

Why? GZ is not dead. TM did not call LE stating GZ was acting suspicious of a crime that was not committed. FBI is looking into a hate crime. TM did not show up at GZ's house, nor attempt to follow him home. This is not a tit for tat situation. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper