Fire Update Information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello All,

MasterJ, ... The air quality is unhealthy. If your boss has heart or respiratory issues, it certainly isn't nice air to hang out in. JBean has mentioned her air (southerly area of CA) is no good.

My husband is in a bad area and I want him out of it as soon as possible, but I have to wonder if our area is any better at all. To be honest, the air has a strange smell like burnt plastic :(

JBean, girl, please don't exert in that nasty air. Wouldn't a weekend away from that air do you good?

W

Ugh...

MissieMT, I've been sitting here with my throat constricted, i.e. the feeling previous to tears... I haven't broken down crying yet (I don't cry often), but I feel such a deep sense of grief for all of the people who have worked so hard for what they had, only to find them all in ashes.

I am so happy for those who escaped with their lives and their pets, but I remain entirely saddened for them, particularly when I see them breaking into tears and grieving.

There are times that I want to get rid of every possession but a few (my clean up, push it all away mode), but to have possessions TAKEN so abruptly with no time to pick and choose what to keep is such a heartache.

These fires were unmerciful, they left ash, steel, some tiles, and very little else. I have watched some people sifting through the ash in their homes and find it so hard to take. On one hand, I could see myself wanting to turn and walk away and never look back. On another hand, I could see myself sifting through every bit of ash to find that one ring from grandmother, or coin from grandfather, etc.

I'm comforted to know that counseling is being offered to people.

W

Another thought...

JBean, you know what I think would be wonderful?

I would love the US Gov't, Uncle Sam to say, IF you donate/gift directly to a family/ies who has/have been registered to have lost their belongings and home in a fire, that you get that directly written off the top of your income! Further, they do not have to claim it as income.

If you hear of anything such thing, please let me know.

It would be great if they had adopt a family lists IMMEDIATELY written up by local gov't officials. i.e. you could adopt a family to help, the gov provides a picture of the family's loss and selves, tells a bit about them, so if you can relate to them and assist, you can adopt them. Once a family has received X $$, then the family is removed from the list. Surely there is some QUICK and CLEVER way to handle this that would disallow misappropriation. This would be for those who lost homes, perhaps... To buy their children clothing, replace necessities, etc. It sure seems that this could be a hugely uplifting thing for a grieving family. Perhaps the fire officials in town could assist with this or pastors or schools, i.e. people who know the people.

W

On Monday, my boss is flying from DC to LAX and then driving down to Rancho Mirage. On Tuesday he is scheduled to drive from Rancho Mirage to Vista and then onto San Diego Airport. Do you think the fires will affect his travel? I am trying to convince him to reschedule, but he is fighting me.

Thank you.

I live a few miles from Rancho Mirage. So far, our valley has been spared this fire season. We do have quite a bit of smoke, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to the Coasts. (And on the bright side, we had a brilliant, "blood red" moon last night.)

Everything is open here, and our hotels have taken in a lot of evacuees. The theater where I work will open on schedule on Tuesday.

Here's a link to a California travel site with updates specially geared to travelers.

http://www.visitcalifornia.com/page.php?sec=press_room

I cannot even go outside the air is so bad this morning.

Santiago lurches at 'rapid rates of speed'

Chaparral and erratic winds in Cleveland National Forest pose mounting challenge.

By JEFF OVERLEY, GWENDOLYN DRISCOLL, KIMBERLY EDDS and ERIKA CHAVEZ
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Comments | Recommend

Flames this morning are feasting on torrid chaparral and brush in Cleveland National Forest,
vexing battle-worn firefighters and heightening concerns that the Santiago blaze will put up a long fight.
While an ever-growing brigade of firefighters has scored major victories by managing to spare all but 14 homes, the inferno marches on, devouring 26,000 acres of land, blackening the sky and now inching slowly but steadily toward Riverside County and untouched Orange County cities.Containment has been stuck at 30 percent for more than three days, a sharp contrast to similarly sized blazes elsewhere that have been brought under control or seen marked progress of late. Officials expect to release updated figures on damage and containment at about 7 this morning
http://www.ocregister.com/news/fire-flames-county-1903818-wednesday-concepcion

maybe you need to come visit NORCAL this weekend.With the air that bad down there I am really hoping the game is in Dallas if only for health reasons.I can not see football players where a white mask under the helmet:D

The Santa Ana winds are supposed to return Sunday night, although it is said they won't be as strong. They had best have all of these fires under very good control by that time, or things could get a lot worse in a big hurry.

We thought that my son & DIL's house in Modjeska Canyon had burned, but we found out it was spared. But they were evacuated and can't return for 5 days because of the FBI investigation. Son is here with us and DIL is with the pets and her other MIL in Mission Viejo.

So this afternoon dau calls and says she, her husband and 3 kids are on their way to spend a few days. They live in Coto de Caza, and the smoke is causing problems for their 4 yr old, so we are having a full house this weekend. Hope other son in Anaheim Hills is OK doesn't have to evacuate too.

I live right next to Coto de Caza. I can still see the fires burning this morning. :( It was actually cool out this morning. Still lots of smoke and ash.. sigh, this has to end soon..

The Santa Ana winds are supposed to return Sunday night, although it is said they won't be as strong. They had best have all of these fires under very good control by that time, or things could get a lot worse in a big hurry.

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOO, not without rain.. :(

30,000 Remain Evacuated From San Bernardino Mountain Areas

SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, Calif. - KNBC's Robert Kovacik reported from the San Bernardino Mountains on Friday morning, where he said the chilly air was filled with smoke from the wildfires that have raged there since Monday.

It was only 32 degrees at 6:30 a.m., and some firefighters near Running Springs kept warm, ironically, by lighting camp fires.
Firefighters planned a moment of silence at noon, Friday, to remember five U.S. Forest firefighters who died fighting the Esperanza Fire, also in the San Bernardino Forest but in Riverside County, near Cabazon, a year ago.

Suspected Illegal Aliens Arrested for Arson in CA

Authorities believe that many of the historically devastating fires in Southern California are the results of Arson. There are 16 fires ranging from the border with Mexico to North of Los Angeles. Large rewards are being offered for any information about the arsonists.

So far, authorities have arrested about five people. Of those 5, 2 are connected to immigration issues and possibly illegal aliens or representative of an immigration law failure.

ALIPAC has confirmed that Immigration and Customs has an Immigration Hold on the prisoner named Gorgonio Nava. Gorgonio Nava was arrested with a juvenile and charged with Arson in Vista, CA. Nava is currently being held in the Vista Detention Facility. Since ICE has a hold on him, he is either an illegal alien or a non US Citizen visa holder that faces revocation of his Visa!

Another suspect arrested and charged with arson is a 41-year-old Sun Valley man named Catalino Pineda, a day laborer from Sun Valley, into the Los Angeles County Jail where he was being held on an arson charge. Bail was set at $75,000. Catalino Pineda is being called a "native of Guatemala. He is currently on probation for making excessive false emergency reports to law enforcement, police said." by the police and the Los Angeles Daily News. ALIPAC has calls into homeland security to determine the status of Pineda but they refuse to provide us with any information at this time. Pineda is most likely an illegal alien, or a visa holder that should have been deported after his first serious crimes unless he has Temporary Protective Status (TPS) or the paper is in error.

We also know that the Washington Times and other news sources reported illegal alien and drug smugglers have been setting intentional fires on the border to distract Border Patrol and our security forces.

http://www.alipac.us./ftopict-88241.html

Chargers | Team will play in San Diego Week 8
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:38:18 -0700

The San Diego Chargers have announced Qualcomm Stadium will be ready for their game against the Houston Texans during Week 8. San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders, through a statement, said the City will be able to provide sufficient public safety personnel to manage the game and the NFL decided to play the game as scheduled at Qualcomm Stadium. The game will kick off at 1:05 p.m. PST.

They said that at one point, where the fires were on the CA border, the Border Patrol had to evacuate, due to the fire, and when they did, the gate that they were guarding, had the chains and locks cut, and a large number of illegal immigrants came across (probably in vehicles). They suspect that a fire may of been started, by illegals, or drug smugglers, to distract the Border Patrol.

I just heard that my friend's boyfriend, a fireman here in Northern Cal is headed to SoCal tomorrow. Hope the winds are in all the firefighters favor.

New Evacuations in Santiago Canyon............on news now!

I wonder if the FBI, ATF, etc. are checking out videos on U-tube for possible arson suspects. There have been some very strange videos coming out of SoCal.

Oh, my! New evacuations do not sound good.

Another thought...

JBean, you know what I think would be wonderful?

I would love the US Gov't, Uncle Sam to say, IF you donate/gift directly to a family/ies who has/have been registered to have lost their belongings and home in a fire, that you get that directly written off the top of your income! Further, they do not have to claim it as income.

If you hear of anything such thing, please let me know.

It would be great if they had adopt a family lists IMMEDIATELY written up by local gov't officials. i.e. you could adopt a family to help, the gov provides a picture of the family's loss and selves, tells a bit about them, so if you can relate to them and assist, you can adopt them. Once a family has received X $$, then the family is removed from the list. Surely there is some QUICK and CLEVER way to handle this that would disallow misappropriation. This would be for those who lost homes, perhaps... To buy their children clothing, replace necessities, etc. It sure seems that this could be a hugely uplifting thing for a grieving family. Perhaps the fire officials in town could assist with this or pastors or schools, i.e. people who know the people.

W
Just want you to know I read your posts and your heart is always so full and loving. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back