GUILTY FL – Chad, 59, Margaret, 61, & son, Cody Amato, 31, fatally shot by other son, Chuluota, 25 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why was GA in scrubs when he was interrogated? He hadn't been employed for months, least of all in a health care setting. There was 0 reason to be wearing scrubs.
Amaro had a job interview a day after the murders for a nursing position (or so he claims).

(NOTE: CourtTV - witness name spelled Erika Johannsen)

Law&Crime - witness testimony - Erica Johansson describes Grant Amato job interview
Timestamp 1:40

Grant Amato Day 6 Witnesses Erica Johansson, Samuel Coors & Jason Amato​

I recently watched the documentary on Paramount+ on Grant and this case.
I didn’t realize until I watched that docu that Grant admitted to the filmmakers that he did this crime. He also mentioned that it was not for the “girl” from online despite everyone mentioning that.

Then again he also spent time essentially laughing at how he had law enforcement go on a wild goose chase for the murder weapon, after giving them details that resulted in a trip where they found nothing. He seemed pretty gleeful when the filmmaker told them they came back empty handed…so who knows what he was really telling the truth about or not.

Anyone know if he dropped his appeal? Or what status that is at, if any? Thx in advance

snipped by me...

Anyone know if he dropped his appeal? Or what status that is at, if any? Thx in advance

I can not access the county this case was in - this was his case # Seminole County #2019CF000337A. Amato’s appeal will be considered by the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach. 8/26/20 Update: Filed appeal of conviction

If you can get into Daytona Beach-5th District court - you can find out. Let us know if you do! :)

I recently watched the documentary on Paramount+ on Grant and this case.
I didn’t realize until I watched that docu that Grant admitted to the filmmakers that he did this crime. He also mentioned that it was not for the “girl” from online despite everyone mentioning that.
I don't believe him.

Grant was clearly addicted to that cam-girl site, and in love with the Bulgarian model. His parents were the main obstacle, preventing him from interacting with her. He was completely addicted. Not only that, but cold-blooded killers are not the most reliable people to interview. Most lie. I think grant may be trying to save face, having come to the realisation that the cam girl used him for his money, and had no feelings for him.

I can not access the county this case was in - this was his case # Seminole County #2019CF000337A. Amato’s appeal will be considered by the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach. 8/26/20 Update: Filed appeal of conviction

If you can get into Daytona Beach-5th District court - you can find out. Let us know if you do! :)
5th District Court of Appeal5D2019-2403GRANT AMATO VS STATE OF FLORIDANOA Final08/15/2019AppellantAMATO, GRANTClosed

5th District Court of Appeal
GRANT AMATO VS STATE OF FLORIDA

Case Number
5D2019-2403

Classification NOA Final - Circuit Criminal - Judgment and Sentence
Docket Date 08/15/2019
Originating Court Circuit Court for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit, Seminole County
19-CF-0337-A
Open / Closed Closed

05/04/2021Disposition by OpinionAffirmedAffirmed - Per Curiam Affirmed ~ PCA

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF APPEAL OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA
FIFTH DISTRICT
NOT FINAL UNTIL TIME EXPIRES TO
FILE MOTION FOR REHEARING AND

DISPOSITION THEREOF IF FILED
GRANT AMATO,
Appellant,
v. Case No. 5D19-2403
STATE OF FLORIDA,
Appellee.
________________________________/
Decision filed May 4, 2021
Appeal from the Circuit Court
for Seminole County,
Jessica J. Recksiedler, Judge.
Matthew J. Metz, Public Defender,
and Darnelle Paige Lawshe,
Assistant Public Defender, Daytona
Beach, for Appellant.
Ashley Moody, Attorney General,
Tallahassee, and Douglas T. Squire,
Assistant Attorney General, Daytona
Beach, for Appellee.
PER CURIAM.
AFFIRMED.
WALLIS, SASSO and NARDELLA, JJ., concur.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back