FL- 14-year-old accused of beating, raping 91-year-old woman, Reddick, 9 JUN 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

DS2021

Reaction score

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A 14-year-old boy was arrested Monday after he allegedly snuck into a 91-year-old Florida woman’s home and sexually battered her last week, deputies said.

According to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, the incident occurred around midnight on June 9 in Reddick. Deputies said the woman woke up and found the boy inside her home.

Investigators said the boy had entered the home through an unlocked door.

He allegedly punched and groped her.

“In a cruel act of violence, she was beaten and sexually battered,” Sheriff Billy Woods said

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the time, I think kids deserve a break if they commit a crime, but this sort of crime reveals a dangerous and twisted mindset, and I hope this predator is locked up forever. Anyone who can do what he did is beyond salvage.

JMOO

Most of the time, I think kids deserve a break if they commit a crime, but this sort of crime reveals a dangerous and twisted mindset, and I hope this predator is locked up forever. Anyone who can do what he did is beyond salvage.

JMOO

ITA there is no coming back from that - there's no hope for him JMO

so his DNA was already in the system??? at 14 years old??? I wonder what he did previously

I don't necessarily think so....sounds like they had the results of the rape kit, then they also had evidence that pointed to him (such as the fact that he was seen on a neighbor's security video, the fact that the woman was familiar with him) so they were able to get a warrant for his DNA and compare it to their sample.

I don't necessarily think so....sounds like they had the results of the rape kit, then they also had evidence that pointed to him (such as the fact that he was seen on a neighbor's security video, the fact that the woman was familiar with him) so they were able to get a warrant for his DNA and compare it to their sample.
That is how I see it. His familiarity was brought to LE's attention quickly.

Also, I do not think she was actually raped. Sexually battered is the language I believe.
I guess it might not make too much different, since she was violently treated, but I do not believe an actual rape.
Maybe we will get more specifics.

Guess it is a sensitive issue to me. I had a close friend, who WAS raped at 75. She was able to crawl out from under him when he has passed out drunk on top of her. She crawled --in extensive pain from the rape-- to a next door neighbor who was down the road...not just right next door. The rape did cause her extended pain and ongoing medical issues.
This woman actually got rape laws changed in the state of NH. HBO did a documentary on her case. moo

Ok that makes sense

Also, I do not think she was actually raped. Sexually battered is the language I believe.
I guess it might not make too much different, since she was violently treated, but I do not believe an actual rape.

Guess it is a sensitive issue to me. I had a close friend, who WAS raped at 75. She was able to crawl out from under him when he has passed out drunk on top of her. She crawled --in extensive pain from the rape-- to a next door neighbor who was down the road...not just right next door. The rape did cause her extended pain and ongoing medical issues.
This woman actually got rape laws changed in the state of NH. HBO did a documentary on her case. moo
I remember as a kid seeing an episode of All in the Family (the show with the characters Archie Bunker, Meathead, etc.) Edith Bunker was r*ped in her elder years. That episode had an impact on me - the scariness and also the sadness of it. There aren't the right words to express that utter disrespect of an elder. Shameful.

jmo

The definition of sexual assault vs. battery does differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but in Florida, I believe sexual battery's legal definition requires penetration (no matter how slight) by a body part or object, where there may be various aggravating factors such as force, incapacity of the victim, etc. It differs from sexual assault in Florida, which could be, for example, touching without penetration. But other states are different.

The articles state that LE had DNA from a "rape kit" to work with. I'm guessing that whatever he did to the poor victim, it is what you and I or most people would commonly think of as rape or as close to rape as it could be (it may not have been vaginal rape though). I hope the victim is receiving good care.

The definition of sexual assault vs. battery does differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but in Florida, I believe sexual battery's legal definition requires penetration (no matter how slight) by a body part or object, where there may be various aggravating factors such as force, incapacity of the victim, etc. It differs from sexual assault in Florida, which could be, for example, touching without penetration. But other states are different.

The articles state that LE had DNA from a "rape kit" to work with. I'm guessing that whatever he did to the poor victim, it is what you and I or most people would commonly think of as rape or as close to rape as it could be (it may not have been vaginal rape though). I hope the victim is receiving good care.
My mind took me to "premature ejaculation". Ofc course moo moo.

But taking his age into account, and the event probably being premeditated, I just assumed pe

And seriously, as I mentioned on my friends case, the force of the penetration caused horrible immediate and long lasting problems.

We probably won't really know. And probably doesn't matter. The crime seems pretty clear.

The perpetrator has shown us what he is. Now how will American justice respond? Let him out at 18 or 21? Or protect the public?

Noting what I consider to be very good policing here. Tracking him down, prompt processing of the rape kit, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truecrimefanatic2024
Back