FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ha

there was an interim location where the brothers went (Lake WOrth) after mom before the final friends location

I cannot stress -- change in environment and routine devastates these folks

Sp what really happened is loss of mom move to another city home people

confirmed: [FONT=&quot]getting in a fight with his ex-girlfriend’s new boyfriend,

(rejected again)

[/FONT]
The Associated Press reported[FONT=PT Serif, Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif]. [/FONT]

[FONT=PT Serif, Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif]ANother thing that struck me last night was the tweet about becoming a professional school shooter

clobbered me think about it he was thinking about it seems what he was going to do with his life ( I am going for thinking obviously it is distrubed ) but thing that hit there was almost a vocation embedded in the statement

and not only that he was going to be professional one not just an average one -- it was profound me what I am going become?

sorry if posted

[/FONT]https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nikolas-cruz-parents-roger-lynda-cruz-mom-dad-family-photo/[FONT=PT Serif, Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif]

he got there school by Uber

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]An anonymous family member told the Sun-Sentinel that Lynda had gotten Nikolas counseling from a young age for autism

[/FONT]
https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nikolas-cruz-parents-roger-lynda-cruz-mom-dad-family-photo/

I’ve known people who adopted more than one child from the same mother with one born a couple years after the first, I don’t think it’s incredibly uncommon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first thought was Mrs Cruz knew the mother.

A question about firearms.

I know that when fully automatic weapons were banned from sale (when? the 1980s?) those who legally owned them at the time were permitted to keep them under a grandfathering arrangement.

Have any of those weapons ever been involved in a mass shooting since then?

Not that I'm aware of. It seems unlikely as these types of guns were not owned by many private citizens back then. The AR-15 was banned for sale and manufacture in the US in 1994. The ban was allowed to expire in 2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

"Had agents been able to confirm Cruz was the same person as the YouTube poster, they would have found dozens of photos of rifles, ammunition, targets filled with bullet holes, which likely would have led to a face-to-face interview."

"It's a tricky situation because sometimes you get information regarding individuals and they may be just showing off, blustering," said Herbert Cousins Jr., a retired FBI special agent in charge."

http://www.wral.com/did-fbi-miss-a-warning-before-florida-high-school-shooting-/17345744/

MAYBE, "blustering" on public forums needs to considered a crime?

MAYBE, the FBI needs to hire a handful of "armchair sleuths" to do the social media search they seem unable to do, then decide if the "threat" is worthy of further investigation.

Perhaps, an open request to curious armchair sleuths with a small "reward" in the event that it is found that the person is indeed a time bomb.
They could call it the "FBwhy"- (why we need to dig deeper. )

I truly feel like the FBI is way behind regarding SM postings from past criminals and several tragedies "could" have been prevented had there been some "support" from people devoted to sleuthing the truth!

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interesting.

This reminds me of when some sleuths here took on the project of locating RSO Facebook pages. There were tons of RSOs who had fb pages!

( "How can I report a convicted sex offender?

Convicted sex offenders aren't allowed to use Facebook. If you've encountered an account that may belong to a convicted sex offender, please report it to us.

Make sure you provide one of the following types of information with your report:

A link to a listing in a national or state sex offender registry
A link to an online news article
A link to a court document

If you aren't able to include this information with your report, we recommend that you ask a local law enforcement representative to contact us so we can take action on your report.

Once we're able to confirm someone's status as a sex offender, we immediately disable their account."

https://m.facebook.com/help/210081519032737?helpref=uf_permalink )

(Eta: Ugh:

Sex offenders are allowed to use all social media, Supreme Court rules
June 19, 2017
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-social-media-supreme-court-article-1.3260200

Supreme Court says even sex offenders get to use Facebook
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/eva884/supreme-court-says-even-sex-offenders-get-to-use-facebook )

[FONT=&amp]An anonymous family member told the Sun-Sentinel that Lynda had gotten Nikolas counseling from a young age for autism
[/FONT]

Does anyone know if autism is disproportionately represented amongst mass shooters? It seems as though it may be a factor in this one and was certainly involved in Sandy Hook.

So when he moved in w/ his friend's parents mobile home, he still would have had 10 months remaining to receive
ss until Sept. 2018. that was worth pursuing if money was limited in this family.

Also I read that his adoptive parents' home sold after the mothers death for $575,000. So yes, there was probably
some funds available there.

According to this article it was a GED class, not full time school so he wouldn’t have been eligible for death benefits. https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting-suspect/index.html
c4332bb0c1a785ce54139510269ea807.jpg

So when he moved in w/ his friend's parents mobile home, he still would have had 10 months remaining to receive
ss until Sept. 2018. that was worth pursuing if money was limited in this family.

Also I read that his adoptive parents' home sold after the mothers death for $575,000. So yes, there was probably

Those benefits for children only apply if they're 18 years or younger. The killer was 19, so would not have been eligible. The only exception would have been if he, himself was considered disabled. So far, there's no indication he was.

Those benefits for children only apply if they're 18 years or younger. The killer was 19, so would not have been eligible. The only exception would have been if he, himself was considered disabled. So far, there's no indication he was.
If true that he has autism and/or depression, then he could be considered disabled.

Does anyone know if autism is disproportionately represented amongst mass shooters? It seems as though it may be a factor in this one and was certainly involved in Sandy Hook.

“There are 73 mass shooting events but there are two events where there is a pair of shooters which meant that 75 mass shooter cases were investigated. This exercise tentatively suggests evidence of ASD in six of 75 included cases (8%) which is about eight times higher when compared to the prevalence of ASD found in the general population worldwide (motherjones.com). The 8% figure for individuals with ASD involved mass killings is a conservative estimate. In addition to the six cases which provide the 8% figure, there were 16 other cases with some indication of ASD. Crucially, ASD may influence, but does not cause, an individual to commit extreme violent acts such as a mass shooting episode.”

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00223980.2016.1175998?scroll=top&needAccess=true

7281ffb411182d81ef72bf02056c6fa0.jpg

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1359178914000305

Didn't we read yesterday he was adopted at one day old?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...9c9830535e5_story.html?utm_term=.f28650854bce

"Cruz was adopted at age 2 along with his 2-month-old brother, Zachary, by Lynda and Roger Cruz, friends and relatives said. Relatives said Nikolas and Zachary shared a biological mother but have different fathers."

bbm

Photo at link shows picture of LC holding baby Nikolas, photo was taken from obit.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nicolas-nikolas-nick-cruz-florida-school-shooter-gunman-instagram/

It's being reported both ways.

sad

[FONT=Georgia, Droid Serif, serif]He said something to the effect of, 'Oh, it's Valentine's Day, I don't go to school on Valentine's Day,'[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Droid Serif, serif]bad bad memories of VD huh?[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Droid Serif, serif]much rejection [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Droid Serif, serif]linked earlier [/FONT]

My heart hurt so much!

I read one parent's acount about their daughter, who took a bullet to the back, completely shattering one of her lungs and all of her ribs... she also took several bullets to her shoulder that traveled the entire length of her left arm before exiting.

She's already had several surgeries to place a titanium rib cage amoung other things, and there will be more to come in the future.

And her parents say, they are "greatful". Very aware of those who lost their children forever.

I try not weigh in on motive, for these mass atrocities. The complexities are often beyond my understanding. I don't want to put on a veneer of simplicity, or suggest that enacting some legislation is the Holy Grail that we are all looking for here.

But today I want to say , In my opinion only... Americans are reaping what they've sown. Contrary to the spoiled rotten theory some subscribe to, I believe our children have been increasingly neglected, forgotten, disregarded, pressured, and abused.

My opinion will not be a popular one I'm sure, (but hey when has that ever stopped me?), take away the guns and you'll still be left with some angry, dead inside, violent, injured, psychopathic young people who will find a way to wreck havoc reguarless.

Way back when stay-at-home-mom became a dirty word (title?) we started to kick our young people to the curb.

You know... we can "Bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan and never ever let him forget he's a man"... remember that commercial? That Ad campaign? Yeah we haven't had time for our kids since then I think, and it's only gotten worse.

I see it every day...when I walk my reluctant 13 year old daughter to watch her get on the bus at 6:45 a.m. every morning (because I want to, not because I have to)... but I see barely three year old kids being shoved on school buses.. One little boy kicks and screams.. Every. Morning. They pry him off of his parent and toss them on to that bus everyday

Maybe it's a necessity for that family. I don't know but it can't be a good thing for that child. I often wonder how his emotional health will be in the future.

Many other countries have far, far more support for families than we do here in America.

We are even known as the "No Vacation Nation". Why is that a good thing? Why is that something we're proud of? That we work ourselves into early graves and neglect our youth and it's considered a good a "Work Ethic"?

Hell, at least we're not lazy! :mad:

American young people have become angrier, and more violent than ever. Why isn't it ever "Time" for a discussion about why that is?

Photo at link shows picture of LC holding baby Nikolas, photo was taken from obit.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nicolas-nikolas-nick-cruz-florida-school-shooter-gunman-instagram/

A family can take custody of a child at infancy but there may a lag between when the adoption is finalized. It may have been that the family took custody but the birth parental rights were not severed at that time.

Not in response to the above post .....Although I understand why so many here put words/phrases like "little brother" in quotes when it comes to children who are adopted, it is an affront to adopted children and families to discount years of being a sibling/parent/family to question the relationship. When non-adopted children are killed or kill, we don't strip them of family ties by using quotes. For good or for bad, these young men are brothers--to dissect that by determining natural, half, or adoptive makes the issue focus on the way the family was formed rather than the mental health issues or other factors that came into play. I say this from biased view as an adoptive parent. When my kids are successful, no one says, "Hey that adopted kid is spectacular." I have spent years working to get people to stop focusing on the adoptive aspect of my children's lives---- my child is my child rather than my Christian, gay/bi, adopted, licorice loving, boxer not brief, shy child. It is a pet-peeve b/c my kids often say how much they hate being labeled as adopted by others who have no business deciding what adjectives get placed in front of the relationship to me or my spouse. When tragedies happen, we all want to try and make sense of things so I get it. But, please stop.

If true that he has autism and/or depression, then he could be considered disabled.

True, although many children get SS benefits before 18 in order to ensure services but are reassessed by SS after 18 and no longer receive disability checks, especially if they are able to be trained in the workforce or go to college.

I believe one thing that needs to change is that whenever LE has an encounter/contact with someone, LE needs to report that. Without this paper trail nothing is ever found in the system whenever another LE agency looks up a person.

An example, MS FBI searching for Nikolas Cruz in the database will find that such a person has had encounters with LE in Broward County, FL etc jmo

RSBM. I hate to pick on this but the home sold was his parent's home. Does not need to be called his "adoptive parent's home." The woman who raised him was his mother. The family was his family.

SSDI or the other form, which I cannot recall at the moment is very difficult to obtain....Mental health treatment is difficult to obtain, even with great insurance. I had a relative where it was covered one hundred percent, yet the family had to fight like hell and it took years....Thankfully, that relative is ok now and got the help needed but only with advocates.....not every family has the resources and the knowledge....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member